Amazing Josh Allen stat

Big Turk

36 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, he could slide like he did in Dallas and still get hit by two defenders...

Just kidding :P

Actually, I agree. I want him to use his legs when he needs to; however, I don't want him taking on defenders like a running back.  I think he has done a much better job, since that hit in the NE game, of sliding, getting out of bounds, and, generally, not putting himself in a position to take a big hit.

Also, I'm not sure about the stat itself. Couldn't find it anywhere other than in that article

We joke about this, but it’s happened more than a few times. There are certainly times when I think he gets the Cam Newton treatment from the refs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

For breakfast he eats kills four grizzlies with his bare hands and roasts them over a sequoia he cut down with a pen knife. 

And he shoots fireballs from his eyes and lightening bolts from his a$$.

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, peterpan said:

My guess is that the "contact" is a

From a Defender in the pocket or behind the LOS, thenall the yards he gains is "after contact"

Probably since he almost never goes down from the first player that touches him and escapes quite a bit on runs where a guy has him in his grasp

I'm going to guess that he leads this stat because he frequently breaks away from of the first pass rusher (which takes place 5-7 yards behind the LoS) and ends up running for 7-20 yards. It's not like he's lowering his shoulder and trucking guys down field.

Big stiff arm, and scrambling after a pass rusher touches you probably favors qb's more than RB's.

I wonder what Rosen's yards after contact number is (negative?)

sorry guys, I bring up Rosen frequently to humble myself for actually saying "Jesus Beane you picked the WRONG Josh" on draft day. 

I said it pretty loud too, like I knew what the hell I was talking about......

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a bad stat imo.  I love the attitude but You don’t want your qb absorbing contact or running over defenders (Fitz would do this).  Get on the ground or out of bounds so you don’t get broken like Cam. 

first contact can happen behind the LoS no?

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently Josh Allen leads the entire NFL this season in yards after contact. How is that possible for a QB? That's crazy....

Dude is a beast!

Mentioned in the article below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ravens-position-clinch-playoff-berth-094231866.html

He leads all QBs in the NFL in Yards after contact not all players

The advanced rushing stats has Frank Gore with more Yards after contact than Allen

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He leads all QBs in the NFL in Yards after contact not all players

The advanced rushing stats has Frank Gore with more Yards after contact than Allen

That's not what it says...it says he leads the NFL and doesn't specify only QBs

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That's not what it says...it says he leads the NFL and doesn't specify only QBs

I just went to the advanced statistics on pro football reference and went to the bills advanced rushing stats and it clearly shows Gore has more yards after contact than Allen

Screenshot_20191205-195450.png

Edited by Buffalo716

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I just went to the advanced statistics on pro football reference and went to the bills advanced rushing stats and it clearly shows Gore has more yards after contact than Allen

Screenshot_20191205-195450.png

I find it hard to believe that Knox only has 3 yards after contact.