Amazing Josh Allen stat

Big Turk

Apparently Josh Allen leads the entire NFL this season in yards after contact. How is that possible for a QB? That's crazy....

Dude is a beast!

Mentioned in the article below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ravens-position-clinch-playoff-berth-094231866.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5

That’s our QB!

Go Bills !!!

15 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Article claims Josh is 6- foot 8. I wish. 

Based on a survey of the defenders who've tried to tackle him....he has a blue ox too...but it's really a buffalo.

Edited by TPS
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Article claims Josh is 6- foot 8. I wish. 

Yup, it’s funny Josh has been reported to be between 6’3” and 6’8” and between 230 lbs and to near 250lbs, he’s a shape shifter in his spare time evidently...

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently Josh Allen leads the entire NFL this season in yards after contact. How is that possible for a QB? That's crazy....

Dude is a beast!

Mentioned in the article below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ravens-position-clinch-playoff-berth-094231866.html

:blink:

</snip>

The 6-foot-8, 238-pound Allen also has proven to be a running threat, and leads the NFL in yards after contact.

</snip>

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a bad stat imo.  I love the attitude but You don’t want your qb absorbing contact or running over defenders (Fitz would do this).  Get on the ground or out of bounds so you don’t get broken like Cam. 

Yeah, he could slide like he did in Dallas and still get hit by two defenders...

Just kidding :P

Actually, I agree. I want him to use his legs when he needs to; however, I don't want him taking on defenders like a running back.  I think he has done a much better job, since that hit in the NE game, of sliding, getting out of bounds, and, generally, not putting himself in a position to take a big hit.

Also, I'm not sure about the stat itself. Couldn't find it anywhere other than in that article

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a bad stat imo.  I love the attitude but You don’t want your qb absorbing contact or running over defenders (Fitz would do this).  Get on the ground or out of bounds so you don’t get broken like Cam. 

My guess is that the "contact" is a

From a Defender in the pocket or behind the LOS, thenall the yards he gains is "after contact"

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, he could slide like he did in Dallas and still get hit by two defenders...

Just kidding :P

Actually, I agree. I want him to use his legs when he needs to; however, I don't want him taking on defenders like a running back.  I think he has done a much better job, since that hit in the NE game, of sliding, getting out of bounds, and, generally, not putting himself in a position to take a big hit.

Also, I'm not sure about the stat itself. Couldn't find it anywhere other than in that article

I mean it sucks trying to curb someone’s aggression and passion. I just look at how Cam used to fight for every yard or how Big Ben would try and make a huge play on every down and they both would eventually get injured.  Allen should be watching tape of Russell Wilson and how he slides and protects himself.  He never seems to take a big hit (I also think he runs way less now). 

13 minutes ago, peterpan said:

My guess is that the "contact" is a

From a Defender in the pocket or behind the LOS, thenall the yards he gains is "after contact"

So like Big Ben maybe?  He was always great at keeping plays alive. He also would get hurt all the time.  It’s tough because it’s what makes him great but it also gets him beat up.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m curious if those semi-whiff sack attempts and Allen stiff arms count as contact... He’s actually done a pretty good job of avoiding big hits since the NE game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1