Check out this throwback highlight reel from the Steelers vs. Pats 2004(shades of Josh Allen)

BillsBlue

This is a great watch to see what Brady played like earlier in his career(year 3 I think?) and to see how Ben played as a rook. Look at their stats from their first 3 to 4 years they aren't all that great and they were on great teams to boot(I know I know different era but hey at least I'm not comparing stats from the 90s haha). I see Josh as very similar to Ben in more ways than one and Ben had better weapons and a better team in general than what Josh has today let alone his rookie year.(many stars on defense and plaxico,ward,randle El, deuce,the bus etc.) I'm interested to see Josh's stats by the end of this year, when you put the rushing Tds in with the passing Tds and combine the yards I think we'll all be pretty happy with his second year(well maybe not all of us haha). All in all I feel like Josh's ceiling is a more athletic Ben. 

The 2 things we really need to get to the next level, our own Plaxico and a Joey Porter ?

Cheers I can't wait for Sunday this game will be our teams biggest test yet.

• Like (+1) 2

That's funny because this video popped up on my YouTube recommended vids a few days ago too and I immediately thought about this too. Hopefully Josh keeps his athleticism for years to come. Ben was a bit more polished as a passer though even then. There's definitely similarities.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

That's funny because this video popped up on my YouTube recommended vids a few days ago too and I immediately thought about this too. Hopefully Josh keeps his athleticism for years to come. Ben was a bit more polished as a passer though even then. There's definitely similarities.

Haha exactly what happened to me too lol I just watched this minutes ago and I got to thinking about Josh's play when I was watching Ben. I feel like he is 1 to 2 big-time playmakers away from showing us consistent elite play.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

From the ticker, saw the Bills stomped the Cards that day to get to 2-5! I remember that game. 

Haha I didnt notice that, but I remember that game too. That was pure domination. It was even sweeter bc I believe Emmitt "oh they missed the fg i can leave now" Smith was shut down in that one. Made it extra sweet.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

From the ticker, saw the Bills stomped the Cards that day to get to 2-5! I remember that game. 

That was a really frustrating season I'll never forget us losing to 3rd stringers to close out the season and miss the playoffs at 9-7 ?

What a flash back watching that video is haha

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Yeah...I wish we had Big Ben's receivers!

Beasley and brown are a start, we need a plaxico and a young big bruising back to pair with singletary  and I thought no we're pretty well set also Knox is maturing nicely 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Jay Reeemaserma

7:14

I noticed that haha

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

This is a great watch to see what Brady played like earlier in his career(year 3 I think?) and to see how Ben played as a rook. Look at their stats from their first 3 to 4 years they aren't all that great and they were on great teams to boot(I know I know different era but hey at least I'm not comparing stats from the 90s haha). I see Josh as very similar to Ben in more ways than one and Ben had better weapons and a better team in general than what Josh has today let alone his rookie year.(many stars on defense and plaxico,ward,randle El, deuce,the bus etc.) I'm interested to see Josh's stats by the end of this year, when you put the rushing Tds in with the passing Tds and combine the yards I think we'll all be pretty happy with his second year(well maybe not all of us haha). All in all I feel like Josh's ceiling is a more athletic Ben. 

The 2 things we really need to get to the next level, our own Plaxico and a Joey Porter ?

Cheers I can't wait for Sunday this game will be our teams biggest test yet.

I suppose 2004 is a different era, isn't it?

Welp, on a related note, I recently found/enjoyed this video on death and dying:

5 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Weird how Ben didn’t really improve much through his career. 2019 Brady is still better than 2004 Brady.

Brady had a rough out in this game haha and it did take Ben a little bit to be elite reminds me of Allen's trajectory currently and he's certainly bought himself time with us headed to the playoffs in his sophomore year with a whole new roster on offense to try and work with . I can't wait to see Josh play next year I think he puts the icing on the cake and becomes a top 5-10 qb next season