Bills backers - Los Angeles

QB Bills

15 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ha. No, although the owner does own a couple other wildly different LA bars around town, including (unless he sold them) Ye Olde King's Head, an aunthetic English pub and the classic Sagebrush Cantina in Calabassas.

Sagebrush is awesome! I live in Woodland Hills and we go there often. Although Casa Vega is our favorite.

I figured Busbys was probably the same crowd as Bobby Mcgees. I'm sure I would see some familiar faces. The footage from there after the Dalton TD looked insane!

Edited by Hellcamino

On 12/5/2019 at 5:05 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

The group from Bobby McGees is the same one that is at Busbys now. It morphed to there, led by TSW's own AKC. 

I used to hang with the crowd at Bobby McGees when I first moved to LA years ago. Damn near turned me into an alcoholic. I'd get there at 9 a.m. for the early game, and the windows and doors were all blacked out, so my East Coast body and brain was telling me it wasn't really 9 a.m., but noon, and I always drank at noon with some wings when I hung with the Orlando backers.

It took me about five games of getting drunk by 11 a.m. before I pulled back. That was just the time when DirecTV introduced Sunday Ticket and almost saved my liver.

Lesson learned? It's much better getting drunk at home at 11 a.m.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, QB Bills said:

Hey all,

In LA this weekend. Just wanted to know if Busby's is still the place to be for the Bills game Sunday morning. I've never been but a quick google search said that was where I should be. Their site hasn't been updated since last year though (or I'm not looking in the right spot).

If not there, can anyone recommend a good sports bar with a big screen that will also have the audio? 

Thanks in advance!

Yes, Busbys is the joint to be at by far 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:08 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

Ha. No, although the owner does own a couple other wildly different LA bars around town, including (unless he sold them) Ye Olde King's Head, an aunthetic English pub and the classic Sagebrush Cantina in Calabassas.

both great spots too in general

On 12/4/2019 at 6:58 PM, QB Bills said:

Hey all,

In LA this weekend. Just wanted to know if Busby's is still the place to be for the Bills game Sunday morning. I've never been but a quick google search said that was where I should be. Their site hasn't been updated since last year though (or I'm not looking in the right spot).

If not there, can anyone recommend a good sports bar with a big screen that will also have the audio? 

Thanks in advance!

Busby's is a yes.

This is kind of a late update, but just wanted to say thanks to those who suggested Busby's for the game Sunday. It was a struggle getting up after a long Saturday night but so worth it, even though the end result wasn't so great. And a special thanks to all the kind people there who were friendlier than I could have imagined. Scott, Jeff and a few others who's names I didn't catch. Not sure if you're on this board, but thanks for your hospitality.

The highlight though..

397980772_bonjovicd.thumb.jpeg.61c2a864edae897a3b8dc69954f9e0ad.jpeg

Never change, Bills fans.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

This is kind of a late update, but just wanted to say thanks to those who suggested Busby's for the game Sunday. It was a struggle getting up after a long Saturday night but so worth it, even though the end result wasn't so great. And a special thanks to all the kind people there who were friendlier than I could have imagined. Scott, Jeff and a few others who's names I didn't catch. Not sure if you're on this board, but thanks for your hospitality.

The highlight though..

397980772_bonjovicd.thumb.jpeg.61c2a864edae897a3b8dc69954f9e0ad.jpeg

Never change, Bills fans.

That wasn’t even a normal crowd because of the game on local TV. I should have had you meet me at the back bar. Maybe next time. Glad you went and enjoyed it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That wasn’t even a normal crowd because of the game on local TV. I should have had you meet me at the back bar. Maybe next time. Glad you went and enjoyed it. 

Thanks KtD. I will definitely be back there one day.

Edited by QB Bills