Bills backers - Los Angeles

QB Bills

Hey all,

In LA this weekend. Just wanted to know if Busby's is still the place to be for the Bills game Sunday morning. I've never been but a quick google search said that was where I should be. Their site hasn't been updated since last year though (or I'm not looking in the right spot).

If not there, can anyone recommend a good sports bar with a big screen that will also have the audio? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by QB Bills

35 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I was there a few years ago. Most definitely is the place to be, unless something drastic has happened in two years. Had a blast there. 

Awesome, thanks! 

Does it fill up? Should I get there early?

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Awesome, thanks! 

Does it fill up? Should I get there early?

hard to say. I recall it’s a pretty big place with a lot of rooms and nooks and crannies, but got pretty full. I got there early to stake out a hightop for me and my friend and that worked out great. 

Paging @LABILLBACKER for input...

Edited by jimmy10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Hey all,

In LA this weekend. Just wanted to know if Busby's is still the place to be for the Bills game Sunday morning. I've never been but a quick google search said that was where I should be. Their site hasn't been updated since last year though (or I'm not looking in the right spot).

If not there, can anyone recommend a good sports bar with a big screen that will also have the audio? 

Thanks in advance!

I’d call in advance. I was in Asheville, NC a few weeks ago and the internet gave me two options as the TRUE Bills backers bar. One was closer than the other and I happened to walk in while the wife was shopping (they give away mimosas!)  and ask a guy in a Bills jersey about the place that swore they were THE deal.  He said “Oh, that should have been taken down a couple years ago!” 

Everything on the internet may not be true. Who knew? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Busby's is the place!

I was there when the Bills played the Rams a few years ago for the Saturday tailgate.

HOWEVER.... unless things have changed there is limited parking.  Lots of neighborhood around yet if you find a place to park you run the risk of being towed. 

Go as early as possible!

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Awesome! Thanks so much for the replies, all. Any thoughts on what time I should get there? Do they stop letting people in if it's at a certain capacity?

It's rather big. You will be able to get in. It doesn't get crowded until game time and there are 5-6 different rooms that show the Bills.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Back in the 90's one of the best places in LA used to be in Burbank at a place called Bobby McGees. It was owned by a couple from Buffalo. Place was Rockin!  of course the Bills were awesome at that time so that helped. They had a big dish and would pirate the main game feed. During commercial breaks you could sometimes hear the announcers talking to each other off air. Heard some pretty good stuff. Got to see OJ do a horrific rendition of the National Anthem while off air waiting to do a sideline report after the real Anthem. It was hilarious.  I went there every Sunday for years before Sunday Ticket became available.  I think that place is a BJ's now.  

I have never been to Busby's. I hear its great, but it's in Santa Monica. Thats an hour drive for me and games are at 10am here.

Every year I say I'm gonna make it there for a game but having Sunday Ticket for 22 years makes it too easy to roll out of bed at 9:45am and Bam, game is starting. 

Edited by Hellcamino

6 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

Back in the 90's one of the best places in LA used to be in Burbank at a place called Bobby McGees. It was owned by a couple from Buffalo. Place was Rockin!  of course the Bills were awesome at that time so that helped. They had a big dish and would pirate the main game feed. During commercial breaks you could sometimes hear the announcers talking to each other off air. Heard some pretty good stuff. Got to see OJ do a horrific rendition of the National Anthem while off air waiting to do a sideline report after the real Anthem. It was hilarious.  I went there every Sunday for years before Sunday Ticket became available.  I think that place is a BJ's now.  

I have never been to Busby's. I hear its great, but it's in Santa Monica. Thats an hour drive for me and games are at 10am here.

Every year I say I'm gonna make it there for a game but having Sunday Ticket for 22 years makes it too easy to roll out of bed at 9:45am and Bam, game is starting. 

The group from Bobby McGees is the same one that is at Busbys now. It morphed to there, led by TSW's own AKC. 

6 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

West Coast game schedule sounds so awesome. 
would be totally useless on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. At least now I get a few hours in the morning to get somethings done. I married a west coast gal and trying to talk her into moving back that way sometime in the future.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Here, I’ve got this script you and your friends can look over during the commercials...?

Perfect. Bring it in, we'll get a good laugh. ;)

To the OP, by all means come down to Busbys. It's a great place and you'll have a blast. I do believe, however, that the game will be on local TV as it will be in a lot of the country. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does Busby's have a franchise in Mexico or Cypress? Asking for a few friends who are traveling. 

Ha. No, although the owner does own a couple other wildly different LA bars around town, including (unless he sold them) Ye Olde King's Head, an aunthetic English pub and the classic Sagebrush Cantina in Calabassas.