Troy Aikman

Jim Nantz 

Steve Tasker

Jason Witten

Trent Green

Phil Simms

Randy Cross

Ok, I'll stop now.

I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed madden back in the day. He was incredibly smart but also funny. 

I hated romo as a player, but he’s by far the best guy out right now. 
Im also a big fan of Kevin Burkhart? The former Mets guy. Not sure if he does Mets games anymore I don’t have SNY in Tennessee and I don’t watch the Mets much anymore. He’s a good play by play guy though 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

He was great. RIP Mr. Enberg

& Merlin Olsen, Curt Gowdy & Al Deragatis, Summerall & Madden. Good Times!

I agree Van Miller set the standard and John Murphy is still terrible.

Kevin Harlin is amazing on the radio (Westwood 1), painting masterpieces with his vernacular. (If only Murphy would listen to him..?)

He also impresses me with how significantly he tones it down for a tv broadcast, allowing the video to do much of the ‘talking’. A real Pro. 

Otherwise, they’re all forgettable.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m impressed! I watch football every weekend....and I couldn’t have named 10 if you gave me an hour. Like uniforms (unless it’s putrid throwbacks!), announcers are something I pay very little attention to. I like Romo as a color guy, and I guess I like Michaels and Nantz. The rest are just background noise unless I’m curious about something. 

I know others pay a lot of attention to them, I’m probably the anomaly. 

Same for me but damn I cannot stand Collinsworth!

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Kevin Harlin is amazing on the radio (Westwood 1), painting masterpieces with his vernacular. (If only Murphy would listen to him..?

“Across the painted numbers”

I don’t think ESPN would ever fire a crew mid-season. I’d look terrible. But I highly doubt Tessatore and Booger are back next year. They are the worst listen in all of sports (any sport).

No idea why they don’t have Steve Young doing the color commentary for those games. He is at the stadiums for the pre, half, and post game shows. He’s well spoken and explains the game well. Not sure who ESPN could bring in to do play by play. Honestly Mike Breen might be a good option (although he does mostly NBA for them).

Edited by iccrewman112

Honestly I really don't care who the announcers are.  There are some (Michaels & Collinsworth, Romo & Nantz) who are much more identifiable, so they give the games a bigger feel........but for the most part, other than info specific to the game I am watching, I really don't care. I am not one who gets easily upset and thinks that certain announcers "hate" the team I am pulling for.  I am also not one of those who watches with the sound down... there are a few announcers who are just bad (Joe Buck, the guys who do Monday Night footbal now), but I don't hate them so much that I don't want to hear any sound.  There are too many things that go on during a game that are not evident from simply watching.

• Like (+1) 1