A comment about Lamar gets a 49er's announcer suspended

Stallions

The San Francisco 49ers have suspended broadcaster Tim Ryan for one game ... after the ex-NFLer said Lamar Jackson was successful at faking hand-offs because of "his dark skin."

Ryan -- who played with the Chicago Bears from 1990-93 before starting his commentary career -- went on a KNBR radio show to discuss the Niners' 20-17 loss to the Ravens and why the QB is so good. “He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson," Ryan said. "But, when you consider his dark skin with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing." “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision, forget about it, he’s out of the gate.”

I mean,... that isnt so bad, but I guess I see why he needs a quick timeout too.

There's probably a different time and place and show to get away with saying that. And possibly better delivery too.

I dont think it was hateful. If anything the suspension is a CYA policy from corporate. Still, dude was borderline at best.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

If the ball was light colored, and it was Josh Allen he was talking about while he is wearing a white jersey would anyone be mad?

7 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Yeah, nahhhhh

dont say that bro. 

on the next episode he will say that during a night game the only way you could see Lamar would be if he smiled. 

Why not say it? Lamar Jackson has dark skin. Is that a racist observation? Especially in the context he used that observation?

Hell no.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Red King said:

I can see the point, but you gotta realize in this day and age saying something like that isn't gonna end well.

What is his point though? His point is stupid. Every black QB should be successful based on this dumb logic. 

• Like (+1) 1