Maybe we do need a dome? Ticket prices

bbb

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also there's a bunch of unsold box office tickets for this game and the Jets. Didn't someone tell me here that fans would pack the stadium in December if the games meant something?

Not to mention a boost for signing free agents.

But even then some of those games didn't sell out.

I was just n the Bills Ticket office site and there are only a couple of hundred tickets left in the overhangs and some mid level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Simple economics- even at cheaper ticket prices- around the holidays people have to tighten up. I will be there and am fortunate to be able to afford it, not everyone can.

If there aren't enough Bills fans to buy sub-$100 tickets, I can't understand how anyone thinks a new stadium is going to work.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nah.

KC, NE, Green Bay have plenty of offense without a dome.  Full stadiums too...

KC- Bigger city and market

NE- Bigger city and market

GB- Season ticket waiting list so long your lucky if after a decade you can get tickets and the stadium/area is a pilgrimage for football fans

Buffalo.... we tailgate

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Exactly- we will be talking PSL’s and higher ticket prices. 

They don't have to do PSLs. For some reason people just assume it has to be done, its an organizational choice. Higher ticket prices mean the team is healthier and in demand. Having tickets this available at a low price before a game of this magnitude does not reflect the best.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

KC- Bigger city and market

NE- Bigger city and market

GB- Season ticket waiting list so long your lucky if after a decade you can get tickets and the stadium/area is a pilgrimage for football fans

Buffalo.... we tailgate

They don't have to do PSLs. For some reason people just assume it has to be done, its an organizational choice. Higher ticket prices mean the team is healthier and in demand. Having tickets this available at a low price before a game of this magnitude does not reflect the best.

PSL’s offset the cost of a new build. Time will tell 

There will be people in every seat.

Pegula has enough money.

Cheaper ticket prices mean more people can afford to go to the game that otherwise might not go.

No such thing as bad weather, just bad winter gear (make sure you bring a stadium blanket and a nice seat cushion)

Go Bills !

The TV royalties from this being nationally televised will be plenty more than tickets sales. Also, I thought the bills changed the way they charge for tickets a few years back. I can't remember what it was called, but basically the earlier season games were more expensive than later in the season. A while back I could've gotten tickets for this game for $25, and that was for 300 level at the 40 yard line (pretty decent seats) 

Edited by Steptide

32 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Unbelievable that there are still tickets available from the Bills. It's not just that people are reselling them... The game isn't actually sold out. At home. 9-3 vs. 10-2. I'm not sure how this and "The Bills have the best fans in the league" can both be true. I'll probably get flamed for that, but really, what other conclusion can you draw? I think this game would be sold out in similarly cold Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

You buy tickets?

• Haha (+1) 1

Cold weather? It's gonna in the mid 40's on Sunday. That's great weather for a December game. The past two November home games were colder. The cold doesn't bother me, you just have to dress right. I'd rather sit in 40-50 degrees than 75-85 degrees where it's impossible to cool yourself down. They call it football weather for a reason. I'll be there Sunday and I'll also be there week 17 in what could be a meaningless game against the hapless Jets. I can't ever see the Bills playing a mid January home playoff game in a dome, especially against teams like Indy, Houston, L.A., Miami, etc. It would ruin it for me. But hey, that's just me.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

Honestly, Buffalo is due for a major market correction in their ticket distribution. A number of factors have gone into making the mess that is Bills ticketing, but 2 decades of irrelevance leading to low entry cost for seasons, and the low entry cost for seasons making the "commute" viable for people coming from VERY far away for games, creates what you have now, and what you're seeing with this game. 

With the team having a better product on the field, ticket prices will go up--and when ticket prices go up, people from Maine/New Hampshire/Ohio/etc. will have to decide if it's worth keeping their seasons, or if they should be single game buyers. With season ticket prices increasing, you'll also get the "sunk cost" fallacy at play for games like this Baltimore one, where people who payed thousands for seasons will feel like they HAVE to attend the late season contests to make the cost worth it.

Dome/weather has nothing to do with it, honestly. 

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Weather. Plus, most think we will lose. 

I don’t! ? 

We had DECADES of conditioning! How quickly we getting picky. ?

I like the way you think, and I sure hope you are right! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yep- people don’t wanna drive in dark n possible bad weather either. 

Ever ski’d when its -20 windchill? It straight up sucks. I learned quick to pick the nicer days ?

you dress warm enough and wear a full face mask you s/b good to go. 

when you are skiing and the temp is zero the wind chill will always be much worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Honestly, Buffalo is due for a major market correction in their ticket distribution. A number of factors have gone into making the mess that is Bills ticketing, but 2 decades of irrelevance leading to low entry cost for seasons, and the low entry cost for seasons making the "commute" viable for people coming from VERY far away for games, creates what you have now, and what you're seeing with this game. 

With the team having a better product on the field, ticket prices will go up--and when ticket prices go up, people from Maine/New Hampshire/Ohio/etc. will have to decide if it's worth keeping their seasons, or if they should be single game buyers. With season ticket prices increasing, you'll also get the "sunk cost" fallacy at play for games like this Baltimore one, where people who payed thousands for seasons will feel like they HAVE to attend the late season contests to make the cost worth it.

Dome/weather has nothing to do with it, honestly. 

You make a VERY good point in that first paragraph, but I bet it’s some of both. When I get back for a game I’m always amazed by how far so many people have come to attend. Many have seasons, and they make the effort, which is a substantial commitment of time and money. 

Having said that, I go back for the home opener or an early season game. I still have a good buddy in WNY with seasons (at least as of a couple years ago). He goes in a group of four with awesome seats! If they get really foul weather late in the year they often make it a game day decision. I’m sure some others plan ahead trying to dump the tix and recoup some of the cost. I’m sure Raven fans are particularly rabid this year due to what they are doing on the field and all the hype it is getting nationally. I hope they are not represented TOO well, but I expect it to be more than it would have been just last year or in a typical season. 

I make one home game a year, so I don’t claim to be an expert, but I think both factors come into play. Regardless, I do expect changes in the ticket pricing structure, and eventually the venue. 

Edited by Augie