Maybe we do need a dome? Ticket prices

bbb

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The argument being made by the poster was that a dome would or does lead to a consistently good/productive Offense, not "bigger markets fill stadiums all season".

It certainly leads to great looking matches and great TV product

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

I learned when they were talking about the different stadium sites that all stadiums have to face that way - otherwise the sun will be blinding going into it.  

Totally agree with you on the in game experience being better 

Wow I never knew that! Thanks for sharing the information. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Weather. Plus, most think we will lose. 

I don’t! ? 

@Bandito Do you read this board much? People have said to me they have PTSD from the last 20 years. They think this team is like all of the others...they’re NOT!

With that said, I take the point and recognize that many cannot view the reality of a sports team in terms of different year, different team, different management, etc. 

This is gonna be one hella game!!!!

5 hours ago, Special K said:

A dome would also be a big help to having a consistently good offense....the Bills two best offensive showings were in Miami in good weather, and in Dallas in a dome......just sayin'.

It hurts the other team's offense just as much (we should do better with it if we're built to content with the weather and have to play in it frequently.)

It’s a double edged sword though.... if we had a dome, how many people would be able to afford the tickets that are now 3-4 times the price? This isn’t meant as a derogatory thing, but Buffalo isn’t exactly a big-money white collar market. Some cities could handle that. I have a hard time believing Buffalo could.

It’s inevitable, a covered stadium is the future for the Buffalo Bills, it’s really not even up for debate anymore. The Pegs want a full house every game in their new stadium, and they are not building an open stadium with all that money.

Change is the only constant, well that and stupidity... ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Got tickets for me and my 2 boys we're coming up from VA.  Its their first game.  They're 14 and 10 and I feel like they've been waiting forever for this team to be for real.  They've only known losing seasons and the Patriots always find a way to win.  But they're just coming into their fanhood and the fact that they are huge Bills fans living and growing up here in Virginia I consider it one of my finest accomplishments as a Dad.  Lol.  

Yea the plan was Christmas gift was going to be the Jets game.  But then we won on Thanksgiving and the possibility of that game being meaningless became possible so I had to get them.  Got them on Saturday.  After the fees they were $172 total.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

It hurts the other team's offense just as much (we should do better with it if we're built to content with the weather and have to play in it frequently.)

does it lol? 

eagles dominated us in a very windy game, teams come into buffalo in late season games and always put up huge numbers 

Edited by Tesla03

I don’t know if we need a dome or not. I personally like the really cheap tickets on the secondary market. 
Got the same section I sat at for the patriots game about 100 dollars cheaper per seat for the Ravens game. 
Second trip to Buffalo this year. 
Go Bills 

The Bills are currently 16th in the league in average attendance per game, ahead of teams like New England, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh and right behind Seattle. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

I would do what a number of teams have done: lower capacity to around 64,000 in a nice new open air stadium and charge a bit more. Create a demand for tickets.

Chicago's stadium holds 62,000 fans. They're a tad bigger market than Buffalo. 

Edited by TheFunPolice