Maybe we do need a dome? Ticket prices

bbb

I prefer a dome. I went to both L.A. teams temporary stadiums, the Bills and the Cardinals this season. The Cardinals by far was the most comfortable stadium. It's not just the weather, but also the seats. So, a dome with nice new comfortable seats would be fantastic for my once a year visit to Buffalo. 

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

We had DECADES of conditioning! How quickly we getting picky. ?

I like the way you think, and I sure hope you are right! 

I know, I know.  I gotta tell you, since I started treatment, I can’t do it anymore. Just can’t handle the cold. I can tell you this, too: I am LOUD so I’ll be missed!!!! ? 

Actually, they may hear me in Buffalo from the east side of Rochester!!!!

I don't buy the talk about it not being sold out because people can't afford it. In a region this large, there have to be more than enough Bills fans who are not so economically challenged so as to have to choose between $50 tickets and Christmas presents. I think it's mostly an issue of the weather and comfortable living rooms, and maybe there aren't as many diehards as Bills Mafia would like to think.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

it's a league wide problem this season...

the home theater experience is too good... your own couch, better way cheaper beer, no drunken morons who just want to fight, and much cleaner restrooms

Plus, no issues with parking or driving home in traffic

You haven't met my partner :(

40 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

In the early 90s everyone ran out of cash around Christmas.  The Comeback was not a sellout. 

Th first two years of the 4 year run were packed, after that the plastic fans Stopped coming because they kept losing Super Bowls. It was terrible...

55 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

Honestly, Buffalo is due for a major market correction in their ticket distribution. A number of factors have gone into making the mess that is Bills ticketing, but 2 decades of irrelevance leading to low entry cost for seasons, and the low entry cost for seasons making the "commute" viable for people coming from VERY far away for games, creates what you have now, and what you're seeing with this game. 

With the team having a better product on the field, ticket prices will go up--and when ticket prices go up, people from Maine/New Hampshire/Ohio/etc. will have to decide if it's worth keeping their seasons, or if they should be single game buyers. With season ticket prices increasing, you'll also get the "sunk cost" fallacy at play for games like this Baltimore one, where people who payed thousands for seasons will feel like they HAVE to attend the late season contests to make the cost worth it.

Dome/weather has nothing to do with it, honestly. 

Honestly, I don't really know what you're talking about.  

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also there's a bunch of unsold box office tickets for this game and the Jets. Didn't someone tell me here that fans would pack the stadium in December if the games meant something?

This made me think it's a little like 1987.  Polian was complaining because either we didn't sell out or had trouble selling out the Patriots game in December when somehow it had playoff implications.  He said your 2nd sentence.

But, I do think people make football plans way early.  Mostly out of towners, but also probably some people in town..............I know a number of people who picked the Eagles game to come to for their one game..............But, next year, maybe a later game vs. a big opponent will have the same demand that the late season 1988 games did. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

In DC tickets were on sale for  $4.00 

that's right FOUR 

The Bills ownership ahs done all it could to make games affordable for the Western and Central NY fans and our Canadian "neighbours" 

The Redskins demand SHOULD be four dollars.....................I agree about ownership but this is about supply and demand on the secondary market.  Not the owners.  

17 minutes ago, bbb said:

Honestly, I don't really know what you're talking about.  

This made me think it's a little like 1987.  Polian was complaining because either we didn't sell out or had trouble selling out the Patriots game in December when somehow it had playoff implications.  He said your 2nd sentence.

But, I do think people make football plans way early.  Mostly out of towners, but also probably some people in town..............I know a number of people who picked the Eagles game to come to for their one game..............But, next year, maybe a later game vs. a big opponent will have the same demand that the late season 1988 games did. 

You and I are old enough to remember the Super Bowl run, that there were more than a few late season and even playoff games that either didn't sell out or needed Ch.2 (NBC had the AFC then) to buy out a game to lift the blackout.

Even though I hate being cold and wet, I am planning on being at the Jets game, and hopefully any home playoffs games.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We need to hire the people who design european football (soccer) stadiums. if the team wants to keep the outdoor atmosphere alive just build roof covering over the seats with heaters that turn on when its cold. 

the fans won't feel a drop of rain/snow but the field won't be covered. also they are designed to amplify the noise levels. 

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

We need to hire the people who design european football (soccer) stadiums. if the team wants to keep the outdoor atmosphere alive just build roof covering over the seats with heaters that turn on when its cold. 

the fans won't feel a drop of rain/snow but the field won't be covered. also they are designed to amplify the noise levels. 

At that point you might as well build a roof. Also it's damn near impossible to heat an open air stadium.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ha you are a better person than me. It is great when the slopes are wide open. 30-40 with wind and rain at a Bills game can suck- its why I opted for clubs now ?

Simple economics- even at cheaper ticket prices- around the holidays people have to tighten up. I will be there and am fortunate to be able to afford it, not everyone can.

I’ve been thinking about moving to the clubs the last couple years. They really are fantastic. I kinda just want to see how the stadium situation plays out before making the commitment though. If my current “good” lower bowl seats double in price I’m fine with it. If I go to clubs (double) and then they again double, I’d probably have a (more) pissed off wife! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At that point you might as well build a roof. Also it's damn near impossible to heat an open air stadium.

it won't need that much heating, there are already heated sections in new era field. 

they just need a design that eliminates all wind, the wind is the worst part of our current stadium. 

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You and I are old enough to remember the Super Bowl run, that there were more than a few late season and even playoff games that either didn't sell out or needed Ch.2 (NBC had the AFC then) to buy out a game to lift the blackout.

Even though I hate being cold and wet, I am planning on being at the Jets game, and hopefully any home playoffs games.

I remember it happening, but that might have been later in the 90s because I also remember many game weeks when they'd announce they are down to single seats, and I'd think who is going to buy a single seat.............Since I've had to sell my one ticket a few times this year (that I sit with my friends) - I've found out a lot of people buy single seats.  

17 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

It seems like that's what's been done with the ever changing name that the Dolphins play in. 

16 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’ve been thinking about moving to the clubs the last couple years. They really are fantastic. I kinda just want to see how the stadium situation plays out before making the commitment though. If my current “good” lower bowl seats double in price I’m fine with it. If I go to clubs (double) and then they again double, I’d probably have a (more) pissed off wife! 

You can always relocate back down to the lower bowl area. I cant see the ticket prices doubling but I definitely can see an increase. I think there are some great sight lines between rows 20-30 in the lower and in the clubs I lose a little there but the view is still great. I also enjoy no line going in, basically a sports type bar area, nice bathrooms and the heat lamps above. In the few years ive been up there ive witnessed one fight almost break out- I politely told the instigator that his behavior isnt allowed and he blew me off- there was older people and children around, called security over and they were gone. It is nice not having the tension in the concourses.

24 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

it won't need that much heating, there are already heated sections in new era field. 

they just need a design that eliminates all wind, the wind is the worst part of our current stadium. 

Yes, about 6 rows of the club section. And it's still cold in rows 1 and 2. Good luck heating 20-25 rows. And you'll never perfectly shield wind in an open air stadium.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

it's a league wide problem this season...

the home theater experience is too good... your own couch, better way cheaper beer, no drunken morons who just want to fight, and much cleaner restrooms

Plus, no issues with parking or driving home in traffic

I have had many tell me why go to the game when I can watch it on my 80 inch etc with great food and no drive. I get it and to each their own, I just love being at the stadium however games on TV are great too- just different experiences/conveniences/inconveniences.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, about 6 rows of the club section. And it's still cold in rows 1 and 2. Good luck heating 20-25 rows. And you'll never perfectly shield wind in an open air stadium.

8 rows are under cover. Right around that area on down you wont really feel the heat. I am in row 15 and towards the inside aisle so I am shielded from the wind, the heat is felt and the suites directly behind me always have the windows open and heat spills out. On nice days moving down to row 1-2 if open is a killer view!!!

On a side note- huge mistake having the end zones going west to east! If the stadium was situated north to south most of the westerly winds we normally get would have been blocked.

Edited by billsfan_34

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

On a side note- huge mistake having the end zones going west to east! If the stadium was situated north to south most of the westerly winds we normally get would have been blocked.

I learned when they were talking about the different stadium sites that all stadiums have to face that way - otherwise the sun will be blinding going into it.  

Totally agree with you on the in game experience being better 

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

KC- Bigger city and market

NE- Bigger city and market

GB- Season ticket waiting list so long your lucky if after a decade you can get tickets and the stadium/area is a pilgrimage for football fans

The argument being made by the poster was that a dome would or does lead to a consistently good/productive Offense, not "bigger markets fill stadiums all season".

• Like (+1) 2