Maybe we do need a dome? Ticket prices

bbb

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember my parents first VCR they bought in 1985 was $400.  I ruined it because I thought the flap was a mouth and I poured milk in it because I figured he was thirsty.

I was 3 and I don't remember it but that's what my older brother told me years later.

This is over the top cliché.  You've got more ***** than a barnyard.

1 hour ago, bbb said:

I'm really surprised that ticket prices on Stubhub are way less for Sunday's game than they were for the October game vs. the Eagles.  Sunday's game is much bigger.................I guess demand just is not there when the calendar turns to December.  

In DC tickets were on sale for  $4.00 

that's right FOUR 

The Bills ownership ahs done all it could to make games affordable for the Western and Central NY fans and our Canadian "neighbours" 

"Blue Collar" workers may not be able to afford more costly tickets 

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember my parents first VCR they bought in 1985 was $400.  I ruined it because I thought the flap was a mouth and I poured milk in it because I figured he was thirsty.

I was 3 and I don't remember it but that's what my older brother told me years later.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is over the top cliché.  You've got more ***** than a barnyard.

The Aladdin movie VCR I bought for $8.00 may be worth  Thousands of $ 

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought this was going in a completely different direction when I got here....

• Haha (+1) 6

I love the Bills but way too long a day coming from Canada, the border, a 2.5 hour drive each way, uncertain weather that at best will be cold (assuming no wind, rain or snow), 20 minute walk to the stadium (followed by 15-20 minutes to get into it), uncomfortable seats (or benches), traffic leaving if the game is down to the wire & what may or may not be a great game......  Minimum a 12 hour day. 

Friend called me a wuss for saying no and his football loving kids too said no...... 

Thank you all those who ensured a sellout and that the game is on TV......?

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, bbb said:

I'm really surprised that ticket prices on Stubhub are way less for Sunday's game than they were for the October game vs. the Eagles.  Sunday's game is much bigger.................I guess demand just is not there when the calendar turns to December.  

Buffalo’s economy has a play in the lower demand also. As the holidays approach some people have to make a choice- put a few presents under the tree and buy a nice prime rib for the holidays or purchase tickets. Also, some season ticket holders may have had their fill of games and look to re coup a little money, even at a loss to offset full price pre season ticket prices. Having a dome may make things worse- now were talking possible PSL’s and higher ticket prices.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

I think the out of town demand wavers this time of year too

Yep- people don’t wanna drive in dark n possible bad weather either. 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I find this kind of like the excuse ....  It's TOO COLD in February to go Skiing !!!!!!! 

Ever ski’d when its -20 windchill? It straight up sucks. I learned quick to pick the nicer days ?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  With a dome the stadiums would be full in December even in the losing seasons and December ticket prices would be at a premium in the winning seasons.

Ive seen empty domes elsewhere. 

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I love the Bills but way too long a day coming from Canada, the border, a 2.5 hour drive each way, uncertain weather that at best will be cold (assuming no wind, rain or snow), 20 minute walk to the stadium (followed by 15-20 minutes to get into it), uncomfortable seats (or benches), traffic leaving if the game is down to the wire & what may or may not be a great game......  Minimum a 12 hour day. 

Friend called me a wuss for saying no and his football loving kids too said no...... 

I couldn’t imagine doing that either. There was a guy that had seasons from Canada that sat next to me- every home game he came in on Saturday and went back Sunday night. He would host a huge tailgate also- during the game he was so tired that he would be falling asleep. I believe he was from Toronto metro.

1 hour ago, bbb said:

The lowest priced tickets right now are $39.  I don't know exactly what it was for the Eagles game, but I know it was way higher.  Where I sit in 113, it is a difference of probably 80-100 bucks - until it became apparent the weather was going to suck for the Eagles game.  

Also there's a bunch of unsold box office tickets for this game and the Jets. Didn't someone tell me here that fans would pack the stadium in December if the games meant something?

1 hour ago, Special K said:

A dome would also be a big help to having a consistently good offense....the Bills two best offensive showings were in Miami in good weather, and in Dallas in a dome......just sayin'.

Not to mention a boost for signing free agents.

1 hour ago, bbb said:

True, but those December/January games in 90/91 the offense could not have been better. 

But even then some of those games didn't sell out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If I lived 2.5 hours away I'd be at every game. (Of course the border crossing is a beeyotch, I bet.) I'm 8 hours away and only get to 3 games. I'll be at the Jets.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yep- people don’t wanna drive in dark n possible bad weather either. 

Ever ski’d when its -20 windchill? It straight up sucks. I learned quick to pick the nicer days ?

It’s not ideal but the gear is so good nowadays it’s tolerable at least! About 4-5 years ago, wife and I were at Holiday valley with another couple and temps I think were low teens or maybe even single digits with 20-30 mph wind so wind chill was like -30 or more I want to say.

The women would come out for little 30-45 minute bursts but my buddy and I were out there damn near all day. Took breaks for a couple beers maybe every 2 hours or so. I couldn’t believe how not miserable it was and there was hardly anyone out so it was great! I’ve been way more miserable sitting at Bills games with temps in the 30s-40s! 

A dome would also be a big help to having a consistently good offense....the Bills two best offensive showings were in Miami in good weather, and in Dallas in a dome......just sayin'.

Nah.

KC, NE, Green Bay have plenty of offense without a dome.  Full stadiums too...

I’m an old traditionalist, but I’ve been calling for a dome since I saw Herb Mulkey return the Opening KO in August ‘73.

It’ll get enough use with the Bills, Bulls & HS playoff games plus a Bowl Game. Maybe even a SuperSports Palace with a rink for Sabres.

Hey! I can dream!

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m an old traditionalist, but I’ve been calling for a dome since I saw Herb Mulkey return the Opening KO in August ‘73.

It’ll get enough use with the Bills, Bulls & HS playoff games plus a Bowl Game. Maybe even a SuperSports Palace with a rink for Sabres.

Hey! I can dream!

As long as UB plays in the MAC they will be saddled with those stupid Tuesday/Wednesday MACtion games where 40-50 people actually show up to watch. Play in a done and I can see 10K easy.

The bad weather also hurts the visiting teams offense. Maybe plays into our strategy to let the D grind it out.

Unbelievable that there are still tickets available from the Bills. It's not just that people are reselling them... The game isn't actually sold out. At home. 9-3 vs. 10-2. I'm not sure how this and "The Bills have the best fans in the league" can both be true. I'll probably get flamed for that, but really, what other conclusion can you draw? I think this game would be sold out in similarly cold Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

It’s not ideal but the gear is so good nowadays it’s tolerable at least! About 4-5 years ago, wife and I were at Holiday valley with another couple and temps I think were low teens or maybe even single digits with 20-30 mph wind so wind chill was like -30 or more I want to say.

The women would come out for little 30-45 minute bursts but my buddy and I were out there damn near all day. Took breaks for a couple beers maybe every 2 hours or so. I couldn’t believe how not miserable it was and there was hardly anyone out so it was great! I’ve been way more miserable sitting at Bills games with temps in the 30s-40s! 

Ha you are a better person than me. It is great when the slopes are wide open. 30-40 with wind and rain at a Bills game can suck- its why I opted for clubs now ?

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Unbelievable that there are still tickets available from the Bills. It's not just that people are reselling them... The game isn't actually sold out. At home. 9-3 vs. 10-2. I'm not sure how this and "The Bills are the best fans in the league" can both be true. I'll probably get flamed for that, but really, what other conclusion can you draw? I think this game would be sold out in similarly cold Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

Simple economics- even at cheaper ticket prices- around the holidays people have to tighten up. I will be there and am fortunate to be able to afford it, not everyone can.