Maybe we do need a dome? Ticket prices

bbb

I'm really surprised that ticket prices on Stubhub are way less for Sunday's game than they were for the October game vs. the Eagles.  Sunday's game is much bigger.................I guess demand just is not there when the calendar turns to December.  

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

I'm really surprised that ticket prices on Stubhub are way less for Sunday's game than they were for the October game vs. the Eagles.  Sunday's game is much bigger.................I guess demand just is not there when the calendar turns to December.  

How cheap were the tickets?

5 minutes ago, thebug said:

How cheap were the tickets?

The lowest priced tickets right now are $39.  I don't know exactly what it was for the Eagles game, but I know it was way higher.  Where I sit in 113, it is a difference of probably 80-100 bucks - until it became apparent the weather was going to suck for the Eagles game.  

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

The lowest priced tickets right now are $39.  I don't know exactly what it was for the Eagles game, but I know it was way higher.  Where I sit in 113, it is a difference of probably 80-100 bucks - until it became apparent the weather was going to suck for the Eagles game.  

Wow! 

5 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

"A friend told me" that the cold benches bring out my eeer his hemorrhoids. Guessing that's HIS reasoning.

‘eeer [sic] his hemorrhoids’...is his head up his a$$?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I think the out of town demand wavers this time of year too

That's a good point.  

17 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Weather.  

That's why I said maybe we need a dome............In addition to the out of towners Jamie mentions, it seems to me a lot less women go to December games..............I know women who will only go to the warm weather games.  And, it seems like there a lot less in the stands...........But, they will go to Sabres games in the winter.  

I really don't want a dome.  I love the weather games.  It seems like the masses don't, though.  

Just now, Special K said:

A dome would also be a big help to having a consistently good offense....the Bills two best offensive showings were in Miami in good weather, and in Dallas in a dome......just sayin'.

True, but those December/January games in 90/91 the offense could not have been better. 

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

True, but those December/January games in 90/91 the offense could not have been better. 

Remember I said "consistently" good offense....those offenses were great, but it also took having 5 or so Hall of Famers on the field at the same time to accomplish it!!

• Like (+1) 2

It's just after Thanksgiving so a lot of out of towners probably don't want to take another trip 10 days later.  That's I guess one theory.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  With a dome the stadiums would be full in December even in the losing seasons and December ticket prices would be at a premium in the winning seasons.

My older family members in Buffalo won't go to a game in December because they don't like sitting in cold weather.

I would also think that dad's who bring their kids to the game, probably shy away from cold weather games, especially if the kid is young.

I'll take my kid to a game one day, he's 4 now so I'll wait a few years.  He's never really seen cold weather living in Atlanta and would probably be miserable in near/below freezing temps for 3-4 hours.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's just after Thanksgiving so a lot of out of towners probably don't want to take another trip 10 days later.  That's I guess one theory.

My older family members in Buffalo won't go to a game in December because they don't like sitting in cold weather.

I would also think that dad's who bring their kids to the game, probably shy away from cold weather games, especially if the kid is young.

I'll take my kid to a game one day, he's 4 now so I'll wait a few years.  He's never really seen cold weather living in Atlanta and would probably be miserable in near/below freezing temps for 3-4 hours.

It's the cold weather.  Sitting in front of the fireplace with a 60 inch UHD TV for much cheaper is the more appealing option.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There was a 60 inch UHD Samsung TV for $300 at Target on Black Friday.  My 55" works just fine but man it was tempting....

They've gotten ridiculously cheap.  When the plasma tv's first came out they were over 15 grand for a 42 inch in the late 90's.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Time for the 'best fans in the world' to suck it up a bit and back up their words.

To be clear, I'm sure the stadium will be full on Sunday..............But, I expected demand to be through the roof.  We've been dying for a game to be this important in December for sooooo long.  

Just now, Doc Brown said:

They've gotten ridiculously cheap.  When the plasma tv's first came out they were over 15 grand for a 42 inch in the late 90's.

I remember my parents first VCR they bought in 1985 was $400.  I ruined it because I thought the flap was a mouth and I poured milk in it because I figured he was thirsty.

I was 3 and I don't remember it but that's what my older brother told me years later.

• Haha (+1) 5