NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 14, 2019 - Buffalo on the National stage

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The game against NE, see that is listed as NFL network.  Does that mean no over the air broadcast?  Or will it be like these Thursday night games which also list as NFL network, but are on Fox?  Believe that means produced by NFL network, but Fox is airing them??

I'm not seeing what you are seeing ???

CBS Late 

Kansas City @ New England    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

what week are you talking about?  

Dec 21?? Bills at Pats? 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I'm not seeing what you are seeing ???

CBS Late 

Kansas City @ New England    Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

what week are you talking about?  

Dec 21?? Bills at Pats? 

Correct the Bills NE game, all the Saturday games are listed as NFL network.  Does that mean no over the air broadcast, or just produced by NFL network?

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Correct the Bills NE game, all the Saturday games are listed as NFL network.  Does that mean no over the air broadcast, or just produced by NFL network?

that would defeat the purpose of a National Stage for people w/o NFLN 

I found one link 

BOSTON (CBS) — It took until the middle of November, but the Patriots’ 2019 regular-season schedule is finally complete.

The Patriots’ Week 16 home game against the Buffalo Bills is now officially scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 21, at 4:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on WBZ-TV and the NFL Network.

As part of a flexible arrangement in the NFL schedule, the league left five games without a specific day and start time for Week 16. Ultimately, the league chose three of those five games to be played on NFL Network on Saturday, with the other two options being played on the Sunday.

I can ONLY [edit]  wrongly  assume it's still on CBS as well as NFLN

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Apr 18, 2019 - When the NFL unveiled its 2019 schedule on Wednesday, there was one small twist that you might not have noticed: The league decided to spice things up this season by adding a Saturday triple-header. ... All three games will air exclusively on the NFL Network. ... This season will mark the 

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

that would defeat the purpose of a National Stage for people w/o NFLN 

I found one link 

BOSTON (CBS) — It took until the middle of November, but the Patriots’ 2019 regular-season schedule is finally complete.

The Patriots’ Week 16 home game against the Buffalo Bills is now officially scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 21, at 4:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on WBZ-TV and the NFL Network.

As part of a flexible arrangement in the NFL schedule, the league left five games without a specific day and start time for Week 16. Ultimately, the league chose three of those five games to be played on NFL Network on Saturday, with the other two options being played on the Sunday.

I can ONLY assume it's still on CBS as well as NFLN

Agree but then why does it say NFL-Network on 506 sports?  Actually last nights game for example on 506  lists it as Fox/NFL-Network.  The link you found that lists a Boston station broadcasting the game would make it appear it will also be on local TV.  I'm not in Western NY though so will it be on local TV all over the county  I know even Monday night games on ESPN are always available to be broadcast over the air to local flagship station.  I don't understand though why the Thursday night games are being shown on two different stations though either Fox and NFLN??  How does that help either with ratings?

That always annoyed me as very unfair when I lived in Rochester.  So if a game was on ESPN on Monday it would also be on local TV in Buffalo and the home city of whatever team we were playing.  Buffalo only though, no other stations like Rochester could show it.  But if the Bills didn't sell out, then Rochester, Syracuse, etc were all considered part of the home market and the game was blacked out.  Very much NFL having it both ways.

Just saw your last post about exclusive on NFLN.  The flagship station I mentioned about Monday night games also could explain why Boston station is showing it over the air.  Likely also Buffalo station will air it.  But anyplace else, you're out of luck! (like me)

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree but then why does it say NFL-Network on 506 sports?  Actually last nights game for example on 506  lists it as Fox/NFL-Network.  The link you found that lists a Boston station broadcasting the game would make it appear it will also be on local TV.  I'm not in Western NY though so will it be on local TV all over the county  I know even Monday night games on ESPN are always available to be broadcast over the air to local flagship station.  I don't understand though why the Thursday night games are being shown on two different stations though either Fox and NFLN??  How does that help either with ratings?

That always annoyed me as very unfair when I lived in Rochester.  So if a game was on ESPN on Monday it would also be on local TV in Buffalo and the home city of whatever team we were playing.  Buffalo only though, no other stations like Rochester could show it.  But if the Bills didn't sell out, then Rochester, Syracuse, etc were all considered part of the home market and the game was blacked out.  Very much NFL having it both ways.

Just saw your last post about exclusive on NFLN.  The flagship station I mentioned about Monday night games also could explain why Boston station is showing it over the air.  Likely also Buffalo station will air it.  But anyplace else, you're out of luck! (like me)

see next post ..   

The Beantown story said they would air it, so my guess would be the city of Buffalo as well

Find some FB feed I guess

Nov 12, 2019 - Buffalo at New England has been scheduled for Saturday, December 21, at 4:30 PM ET on NFL Network. Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco has been scheduled for Saturday, December 21, at 8:15 PM ET on NFL Network. 

at 4:30 PM ET on NFL Network and WKBW in Buffalo

30 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

see next post ..   

The Beantown story said they would air it, so my guess would be the city of Buffalo as well

Find some FB feed I guess

Nov 12, 2019 - Buffalo at New England has been scheduled for Saturday, December 21, at 4:30 PM ET on NFL Network. Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco has been scheduled for Saturday, December 21, at 8:15 PM ET on NFL Network. 

at 4:30 PM ET on NFL Network and WKBW in Buffalo

Guess I may need to watch it at my friends house who always finds these on line streams that are available.  Well can at least use the 1:00 game as a model off where to find it.

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Guess I may need to watch it at my friends house who always finds these on line streams that are available.  Well can at least use the 1:00 game as a model off where to find it.

I reddit somewhere that you can stream on line. 

Also 

If you Join Bills Mafia on FB  they just might make you an offer you can't refuse WRT seeing the game 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I reddit somewhere that you can stream on line. 

Also 

If you Join Bills Mafia on FB  they just might make you an offer you can't refuse WRT seeing the game 

yes I've reddit too.  A friend told me the new site  works even better.

Didn't know about the Mafia thing on FB, will have to check it out

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bills are on in San Diego for the next three weeks!  Loving it!  Just got a new tv this week too.  

2 for sure ... 

On Dec 21 it is on the  NFL Network only if you live outside of the Buffalo or Boston markets when Buffalo plays in NE*** 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

But yes. That would bite 

it does say maps subject to change 

I know.  It's a bit puzzling why they would do that to put on a Browns game.  The Steelers fans in town would have to want to see the Bills game.  There have to be more than a couple Bills fans there. The Browns game is virtually meaningless and I can't believe that they think they will have better local numbers showing that than showing Bills/Ravens.

What I mean by a slap in the face is that Erie has always been borderline for Bills fans and this is the most relevant Bills game at this point of the season in 20 years. The station was offered the game and said "No thanks, we'd rather show this steaming pile of crap"

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Erie flipped to the Browns and Bengals. Thats a bit of a slap in the face.

Agreed, I called wsee. It's a total slap in the face. She just said we cant please everyone. I'm pretty sure Steelers fans here would much rather watch Bills Ravens than Stains Bengals (a completely meaningless game btw).

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Eerie is brownish on the map 

They switched us to the Browns.  I'll be at the game anyways, but still really dumb.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 1