Week 14 Uniform watch Ravens At Bills

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

My rankings on the uniforms goes as follows

1. white on white (throwbacks)

2. blue over white

3. white on white (current)

4. white over blue

Hate the color rush red and the blue on blue. They look like Boise ST in those blues. But whatever just win the game.

I'm with ya.  I don't like these monochrome uni's...all blue and all red don't look right.  We should always be wearing the blue jersey/white pants at home.. I'm OK with changing it up once a year for the all white throwbacks w/ standing Buffalo helmet. 

• Like (+1) 2

I like the color rush red tops. I wouldn’t mind seeing them with the white pants. 

The real disappointment for me is going back to the gray face masks. The white ones they wore on Thanksgiving were ??. I didn’t think I’d ever care about face masks, but they really looked great against the white helmet and blue jersey. 

20 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I like the color rush red tops. I wouldn’t mind seeing them with the white pants. 

The real disappointment for me is going back to the gray face masks. The white ones they wore on Thanksgiving were ??. I didn’t think I’d ever care about face masks, but they really looked great against the white helmet and blue jersey. 

The white face masks put lipstick on the pig, but if you're going to subject us to this look please just make it once a year maximum.  It's like leaving your new Ferrari in the garage and driving around a Nissan Cube.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's endlessly funny to me how worked up people get about uniform combos.

I get it -- to an extent. We all (myself included) have our favorites and our least favorites. But without fail, every week, there are people getting straight up MAD about this stuff, and that makes me laugh.

Permit me to hazard a guess here—invariably we associate as fans with our beloved team in terms of players and moments that define our nostalgic fandom—for me it was the SB run, and comeback game etc., and part of that is the unis the team wore at those times; aren’t we creatures of habit at the end of the day? Maybe that’s some of it at least, who knows. I agree it’s not worth getting that mad over, except with the color rush hot mess :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

This. Is. The. Real. Story. If I knew how to add hadn't clapping emojis I would have. Thats how much I mean it. 

But really, I'm wayyyy more annoyed they would go away from the white face masks. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

Only the boomers hate the red unis! Time to get with the times!

I'm a boomer and I like the red unis.  There may be something to donning the red ones for this particular game from a strategical angle.  In this video, Josh Allen stated that he likes the red uniforms, that red is his favorite color.  Perhaps, the red uniforms might help Josh find his targets easier when he wants to throw the ball.  Any intangible, no matter how miniscule, adds to the overall advantage that will be needed to win this game.  It isn't just trying to stop Lamar Jackson that's important, it's Josh keeping the chains moving, hogging the pig, and figuring out Baltimore's exceptional defense.  Even if we hold the Ravens to under 20 points, we still need to score.  If the red unis help to accomplish this, then forking-A, wear'em!

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The standard for the Bills should be...............

White jerseys, blue pants at home in September and October.

Blue jerseys, white pants at home in November and December (and hopefully January).

Pretty simple. Enough with all of these alternative uniforms.

37 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The standard for the Bills should be...............

White jerseys, blue pants at home in September and October.

Blue jerseys, white pants at home in November and December (and hopefully January).

Pretty simple. Enough with all of these alternative uniforms.

Here is how I would do it for the 10 home games. I am counting preseason.

August- white on white (current)

Home opener - throwback whites

Home games 2-4 - white over blue

Rest of the season (including playoffs) - blue over white.

The Bills primary home uniforms are worn the most but they can still mix it up early in the year when its hot out. Make the other team wear the dark jerseys.

Edited by Greg S

Seriously does anyone know why nfl teams are not allowed to wear more than one helmet throughout the season like NCAA teams? Is it a marketing thing? Safety thing? Can they not afford it!? It would awesome to bust out the red helmets a few times a year and maybe even an alternate blue helmet or something. There wouldn't be a need to change uniforms once or twice a decade. Nice way to keep it fresh and everyone, whether you're a red helmet person or a white helmet person would be happy. But that would be too easy and make too much sense. That's not how the NFL does business ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:49 PM, Motorin' said:

Forcing the Ravens to wear white is a good move!

The ball sticks out a lot more against white jerseys than it does against black!

True, the ball "hides" better against black uniforms and dark skin.   Don't skewer me, I'm just stating the obvious.