What % do you think we have a chance of winning?

Ramza86

%?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. % we win this game?

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

It's all about red zone defense. If we hold them to a few FG's and they miss one or two, we can pull this out.  If the Bills win, I see a 27-23 game. If the Ravens win I see a 38-27 kind of game.  Lamar will get his yards. We just have to contain him in the red zone and make them drive long fields. 

The problem is their kicker is Justin Tucker. My prediction is OUR kicking game will kill us. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Talent: Ravens

Schemes: Ravens, presumably

Passion: Bills, hopefully

Environment: Bills

Luck: ?

Bills have a chance if the ball bounces their way.

I think the Bills schemes are superior to the Raven's, but that the Raven's talent will compensate for that. Agree with the Passion & Environment pieces, and keeping my fingers crossed for luck!

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Talent: Ravens

Schemes: Ravens, presumably

Passion: Bills, hopefully

Environment: Bills

Luck: ?

Bills have a chance if the ball bounces their way.

4 minutes ago, TDTT said:

I think the Bills schemes are superior to the Raven's, but that the Raven's talent will compensate for that. Agree with the Passion & Environment pieces, and keeping my fingers crossed for luck!

Why are you so quick to say the Ravens have more talent?

The Bills defense is 3rd in yards Ravens are 9th 

Pass Defense Bills are 3rd Ravens are 13th 

Run Defense Ravens are 6th Bills are 14th 

Bills are 3rd in ppg and Ravens are 5th 

Bills have a higher ranked passing offense in ypg

Ravens lead in points per game and rushing yards per game for offense and rushing yards per game for the defense.  So of the 8 major statistics (total ypg, pass ypg, run ypg, ppg for both offense and defense) the Ravens are better in 4 and the Bills are better in 4.

Ravens are the media darling right now and deservedly so.  Buffalo is going to smack them in the mouth and take that mantle.  

100%

Did I say that yet?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

Well according to Locked On ravens we have no shot. They also said that there is no code to break that they are unstoppable and that they’re not worried about any team. The cockiest guy/nerd I’ve ever heard.

Why aren't they undefeated then?

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why aren't they undefeated then?

According to that guy they made a bunch of personnel changes on defense after the Cleveland game, which shored things up. Haven't lost since then - hence his stance. 

8 minutes ago, Philo said:

According to that guy they made a bunch of personnel changes on defense after the Cleveland game, which shored things up. Haven't lost since then - hence his stance. 

But their offense should have still been "unstoppable" early in the year. Apparently it wasn't. Pittsburgh was a close games. Cincy was a close game.

They've been on a nice run, but they are beatable just like any other team.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Germans?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

But their offense should have still been "unstoppable" early in the year. Apparently it wasn't. Pittsburgh was a close games. Cincy was a close game.

They've been on a nice run, but they are beatable just like any other team.

Germans?

Maybe their offense has evolved like our own? I dunno, haven't watched the Ravens much myself. And of course they are beatable. That's what the other poster and I were getting after...the Ravens podcast host couldn't say anything outside of gushing over the team. It was a bit of an eye roll. 

FYI, he's quoting a famous movie...

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

3 minutes ago, Philo said:

Maybe their offense has evolved like our own? I dunno, haven't watched the Ravens much myself. And of course they are beatable. That's what the other poster and I were getting after...the Ravens podcast host couldn't say anything outside of gushing over the team. It was a bit of an eye roll. 

FYI, he's quoting a famous movie...

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

I agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The majority picking under 50%. The same group of people who would have argued the same about the Cowboys, and were seriously worried about the Broncos. Bills fans gonna Bills fan.

The question is slightly deceptive. If it’s what percentage that we have a chance- 100%. If it’s percentage/confidence level that we will win, I’m at 50%.

I'd argue having a 35-49% chance in a game against an absurdly hot team is not particularly negative, and I tend to get called out as an overly positive fan and it sounds about right to me. Plus, as different as this season has been, it's still hard to shake the feeling, as illogical and irrelevant as it is, that this is the kind of game where we expect a painful loss -- even coming, as it does, on the heels of an overwhelming and convincing win in the ultimate kind of game the Bills usually lose. 

That said, there are quite a few reasons to believe the Bills have a better chance than we think in this game:

- Bills are playing on 10 days rest

- Game is in New Era Field

- Bills are arguably the second hottest team in the NFL right now and perhaps their mojo is even more powerful than the Ravens'

- In the past 3 games, the Bills are just the sort of team that could stop a rolling team like the Ravens: an offense coming together and a disruptive, dynamic, hard-hitting, disciplined defense. 

- Overall, they are clearly one of the three high-level defenses (with SF & NE) and outside of a few anomalies they are a young defense, especially in their three potential (well, one is pretty much there) superstars, and there's some reason to believe their ceiling is much higher than it has been so far, and if there is ever a game where a defense could make a statement, this is it.