Would McDermott entertain a Charlotte offer

Paul Costa

My question is what is McDermott's connection to Carolina? Because he coached the defense? He also coached the defense in Philly AND has spent the majority of his NFL career, thus far, in Philly.

I just don't see, "because he coached the defense" there as a reason that 1.)He would want to go back and 2.) that Tepper would want him back.

• Like (+1) 1

McD's whole coaching philosophy is based on trust, commitment, sticking together and loving who you play with. Leaving mid process would undermine every bit of that and render his whole philosophy worthless. It would be impossible for players to buy in because they know he doesn't practice what he preaches. 

Sorry but this is such a ridiculous question. The thought of him breaking his contract here, on a team thats pushing for the AFC East title with a solid foundation & plan for future success & instead taking a coaching job in Carolina, where as a franchise is in much worse place overall, is just ludicrous.

It just wouldn't happen

I can imagine this scenario in my Madden franchise so I don't feel too heartbroken replacing him with myself as HC in the game

I haven't had the heart to do it so far but I also just bought the game

In real life... Isn't happening. Why would he leave when he's just about to start enjoying the fruits of all the work he's done here?

Just crazy.

First - Pegula has already seen how difficult it is to find the right HC (especially paired with a GM) and what a failure it can be to miss.  So there is no way he would allow it - even for multiple/many 1st rd picks.

Second - McDermott has built a team his way and has a GM he trusts and is closer to “home” here than in Carolina.  I do not see any way he allows a change that could vault him backwards.

Third - McDermott has repeatedly talked about this fan base and the support and what that brings to a team - does he really want to go back into a place with much less support.

Finally - Carolina is removing this current regime- why would they go backwards and it sounds like they want a new wave offensive coach - so I do not think he would make Tepper’s short list.

Overall I give this a less than 0% chance and it is based on a weird tweet from a nobody in Carolina that has no idea what the plans seem to be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So McD is on a path of building a winner here w/ Beane and he’s gonna leave for a team that’s going to be totally dismantled over the next 2 years?! Nope, don’t think so.

He’s 24-20 - Id say he’s on a path of building a championship contender on top of a winner.