Would McDermott entertain a Charlotte offer

Paul Costa

I can’t imagine Sean McDermott is the type to drop what he’s been building to take another job...he’s not from Charlotte so I don’t see how that’d be “going home.” I’d be more curious to see who’s left on Rivera’s staff there that might end up with us. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Would the Panthers be interested in Coach McDermott? Would he be interested in going back there? I don’t think so and hope not. But........

Unless its GM or President they can't touch him.

Pegs wouldn't hold him back if they offered those positions. 

The really funny thing is that the Bills are a substantially better organization top to bottom, Charlotte is in a pre team rebuilding phase, and could easily became a dumpster fire.

No...  it's crazy that this is even a thing.

He has stated on multiple occasions how much he loves Buffalo and the area.  I don't think he is just saying that either.  He is a PA guy and has made Buffalo home.  

Edited by One Buffalo

The better question is, would Terry entertain a trade of his head coach?  I raised this possibility last offseason - if Tepper or Jerry Jones offered a first or two firsts for McD, would Terry make that trade?  I don’t think Tepper wants a defensive coach so it’s probably moot but it’s not an unprecedented event, it happened with Gruden.  It’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

• Haha (+1) 1

Peter King just quoted McD as saying he is “blessed” to be in Buffalo. He really understands what being HC for the Buffalo Bills is all about.  I mean like no other coach has understood since Wade.  He knows the challenge he has and what it will mean to Buffalo and Bills fans everywhere when they do finally win a championship.  Beane is the same.  I think McD is here for at least 5 more years regardless of record he’s that good of a coach.  And he may be here for 20 years if they start winning in the post season and: or a championship or championships. 

He and Beane literally could not find a better ownership situation as well.  He ain’t going anywhere and we don’t want him to go anywhere.  The Pegulas made the right choice hiring him.  They’ll do whatever it takes to keep him as long they can.

This is a very silly thread.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The better question is, would Terry entertain a trade of his head coach?  I raised this possibility last offseason - if Tepper or Jerry Jones offered a first or two firsts for McD, would Terry make that trade?  I don’t think Tepper wants a defensive coach so it’s probably moot but it’s not an unprecedented event, it happened with Gruden.  It’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

I agree.  Especially if McDermott made it known he'd prefer to be back in NC.  I know we hate to think about these things, but if Carolina was dead set on acquiring him and Beane and offering to open up the Brinks truck to them and Pegula, who knows? 

• Haha (+1) 1