Bishop Malone Has Resigned

Tiberius

From the Buffalo News: 

The Buffalo Diocese has been in crisis since February 2018, when the Rev. Norbert F. Orsolits, a retired priest, told The News that he had molested probably dozens of boys, an admission that led to revelations of cover-ups of clergy sex abuse complaints against other priests. The diocese paid $17.5 million to 106 childhood victims through a compensation fund. It is now facing more than 220 lawsuits filed by others who allege they were molested as minors by area priests. More Child Victims Act lawsuits have been filed against the Buffalo Diocese than against any other defendant in the state.

The diocese also is the subject of an FBI probe that includes the subpoena of diocese records and interviews of several dozen potential witnesses and a civil investigation by the state Attorney General's Office.

A poll by The Buffalo News showed that 86% of Catholics or lapsed Catholics in Erie and Niagara counties wanted Malone to step down.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Tibs does.  He's not getting enough attention recently, what with you directing all your vitriol at DR.

And we all know that Tibs started this thread out of the goodness of his heart for the concern of the victims (sarcasm).  The left currently views the church as a bastion of traditional therefore conservative values that the left wants eliminated.  While I would allow that Tibs himself is not a proponent of pedophilia the people that he supports most likely at a minimum are indifferent towards it and most likely a considerable number support it or practice it.  I wonder if Tibs can see the irony of bashing one institution that had problems with pedophilia but did not have a general policy of supporting it and replacing it with an institution that includes teaching elementary school age students how their genitals can serve to please them (for the purpose of interacting with far older people).  

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

horrible things happen in the church as well, it's best that when it is found out that it is prosecuted immediately and the person is relieved of any further church duties permanently

The far larger problem in 2019 (soon to be 2020) is the pedophiles have long since moved on to the public schools and other public institutions.  A lot of parochial schools have closed in the last 20 years due to secularism or lack of income to send kids to parochial schools.  Therefore its been a long time since the Church was a fertile ground for pedophilia.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

The far larger problem in 2019 (soon to be 2020) is the pedophiles have long since moved on to the public schools and other public institutions.  A lot of parochial schools have closed in the last 20 years due to secularism or lack of income to send kids to parochial schools.  Therefore its been a long time since the Church was a fertile ground for pedophilia.  

the RC church covering up for it, simply moving the offending to another location, deserves all the earthly punishment that can be dished out

had to sit on a few disciplinary panels for churches, one of the worst things to do in life, mostly adultery matters leading to immediately un-ordination and firing.

had a few cases for alleged financial mishandlings as well

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the RC church covering up for it, simply moving the offending to another location, deserves all the earthly punishment that can be dished out

had to sit on a few disciplinary panels for churches, one of the worst things to do in life, mostly adultery matters leading to immediately un-ordination and firing.

had a few cases for alleged financial mishandlings as well

By all means punish the guilty but lets not pretend as some do that the problem is limited to the churches which has seen youth participation fall off a cliff since the 1970's for reasons other than pedophilia.  If you are a pedophile you are going to go where the kids are and that is not nor has not been the churches for a couple of generations now.

Edited by RochesterRob

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

By all means punish the guilty but lets not pretend as some do that the problem is limited to the churches which has seen youth participation fall off a cliff since the 1970's for reasons other than pedophilia.  If you are a pedophile you are going to go where the kids are and that is not nor has not been the churches for a couple of generations now.

most kids knew who the creeps were and to avoid any time with them...

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Tibs does.  He's not getting enough attention recently, what with you directing all your vitriol at DR.

Tibs has enough hammers aimed at his head. I only smack him when he agrees with me, and that follows me smacking myself.

DR is Tibs in terms of volume of posts, in fact he undoubtably puts Tibs to shame. Though most of his volume creates PPP-Twitter so he's another flavor of B-Man, minus the copyright infringement.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

most kids knew who the creeps were and to avoid any time with them...

Definitely true at my school. When a big story broke about one of our teachers 20 years after I graduated, none of my friends were surprised. I never had any knowledge but we all knew in some way who the creep was. 

Edited by John Adams

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Tibs has enough hammers aimed at his head. I only smack him when he agrees with me, and that follows me smacking myself.

DR is Tibs in terms of volume of posts, in fact he undoubtably puts Tibs to shame. Though most of his volume creates PPP-Twitter so he's another flavor of B-Man, minus the copyright infringement.

Definitely true at my school. When a big story broke about one of our teachers 20 years after I graduated, none of my friend's were surprised. I never had any knowledge but we all knew in some way who the creep was. 

I don't post anywhere near as much as DR. So STFU idiot 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

And we all know that Tibs started this thread out of the goodness of his heart for the concern of the victims (sarcasm).  The left currently views the church as a bastion of traditional therefore conservative values that the left wants eliminated.  While I would allow that Tibs himself is not a proponent of pedophilia the people that he supports most likely at a minimum are indifferent towards it and most likely a considerable number support it or practice it.  I wonder if Tibs can see the irony of bashing one institution that had problems with pedophilia but did not have a general policy of supporting it and replacing it with an institution that includes teaching elementary school age students how their genitals can serve to please them (for the purpose of interacting with far older people).  

This is DR level insanity. Nice work Rob - he/she/it has groomed you well. 

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

This is DR level insanity. Nice work Rob - he/she/it has groomed you well. 

I am sorry that you find reality so painful.  We all know that the left is very unhappy that the Church will not get behind gay marriage, abortion, etc. so it is standard operating procedure to destroy any opposition.  The left could have gone after the pedophiles decades ago but the Church was a strong block of Democratic voters then but today that is no longer true.  

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I am sorry that you find reality so painful.  We all know that the left is very unhappy that the Church will not get behind gay marriage, abortion, etc. so it is standard operating procedure to destroy any opposition.  The left could have gone after the pedophiles decades ago but the Church was a strong block of Democratic voters then but today that is no longer true.  

The Dems are pedophile defenders and the Reps are racist?

That's a basis for productive dialog.