Christian Wade as scout team QB this week?

Dan Darragh

29 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wonder how Wade is developing and what exactly he is working on. Just having a year to practice and get used to the game while not taking a PS spot is kind of a huge advantage in his development. I think the NFL made a good move allowing that exemption. As it gives these foreign guys a chance to stay on a roster for a full season and 2 off-seasons to try and develop into a quality enough player to at least make a PS spot and continue to develop. PS spots are developmental but if a guy is super raw and needs a lot of work then a PS spot is hard to justify as those spots aren't freebies. 

He said he's the weakest link or some such in an interview but thats probably him being humble 

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I would probably prefer someone that has played QB or at least football a bit longer...

Assignments vs option QB. One player has QB and another the RB. You dont care who actually has the ball. Players learn this in college if not high school and below. 

:thumbsup:

I get that, you get that, the players get that... and then the game starts and Jackson embarrasses pro after pro.

Comes down to trust and discipline.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He said he's the weakest link or some such in an interview but thats probably him being humble 

It is all speculative honestly, I think by getting this year under his belt he at least become a bit less raw going into the next off-season. He is going to likely need at least one more year on the PS before he has enough experience to actually make the 53. I think that it was very positive for him to basically have an exempt year to simply gain some experience and have a shot to improve enough to make a PS let alone a top 53. 

I hope eventually he does make it and the NFL uses his development process as a way to get international players from Rugby and other sports into the league by giving them exempted PS spots for 1-2 years so that teams could just incubate these athletes and improve the talent pool and get more eyes on the NFL.