Will Bird Fans Infiltrate New Era?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The difference between a "season ticket holder" and a "sometimes ticket holder" is "commitment" versus "involvement".  

Good talk, man. Have fun at the game. Make it loud for me. I truly appreciate your commitment. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

10 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Why? 

Why would I be less likely to go to an indoor (dome or not) game than an outdoor game? Or why don't I think the Bills will build a "Dome"?

I've already said every indoor game I've been to was unsatisfying to me. It felt artificial and I've never really enjoyed one indoors (football or baseball).  I've been to the Superdome and Skydome (Roger's Centre) on several occasions. Saw the Bills in the old Minneapolis dome in the Super Bowl and saw them in the old Kingdome in Seattle.There are probably a couple more examples.  Everyone an artificial and horrible experience.  I'd rather sit in freezing rain than sit inside when watching a game. 

Why don't I think it will be a dome? Because they just don't seem to be building domed stadiums anymore. They are a relic. There are inclosed stadiums and retractable roof stadiums, but what is the newest DOMED stadium?

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

HOW many tickets are available? 

100, 1000, 5000??? 

with 71,608 seats.  Would even 10,000 fans make a difference?  

This.   

IMO The Holiday season is a tough sell for most markets. People are saving / spending on Christmas gifts and family trips.

In Buffalo when the team has sucked for 20 years and there is finally a playoff caliber game and now we can’t sell out because it’s 3 weeks before the holidays??? Sounds like an excuse I expect in Miami and not Buffalo!!

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Why would I be less likely to go to an indoor (dome or not) game than an outdoor game? Or why don't I think the Bills will build a "Dome"?

I've already said every indoor game I've been to was unsatisfying to me. It felt artificial and I've never really enjoyed one indoors (football or baseball).  I've been to the Superdome and Skydome (Roger's Centre) on several occasions. Saw the Bills in the old Minneapolis dome in the Super Bowl and saw them in the old Kingdome in Seattle.There are probably a couple more examples.  Everyone an artificial and horrible experience.  I'd rather sit in freezing rain than sit inside when watching a game. 

Why don't I think it will be a dome? Because they just don't seem to be building domed stadiums anymore. They are a relic. There are inclosed stadiums and retractable roof stadiums, but what is the newest DOMED stadium?

I was talking about the former. 

To each their own. If that is how you feel, you'll get no challenge from me. 

It just strikes me as odd. Maybe its because I lived in Syracuse for 8 years and saw tons of indoor games. The difference between indoor v. outdoor didn't even occur to me, with the exception that indoor I didn't have to worry about temperature.  That said, I have zero doubt that an indoor stadium will ensure year round sell outs to Bills fans.  At the end of the day, the die hards (the type of people who post on message boards or buy season) are gonna go to the game, dome or no dome, its the people on the fence they need to sell tickets to. People on the fence don't want to sit in the cold. I think this means they could also consequently raise ticket prices. 

Well I can say I just bought 8.

Is some of it the fans? Sure but honestly I bought it from a block of 20.  They are being sold in big groups in prime seats.  It needs to be looked at by the Pegulas next year.  People are buying season tickets at chunks of 10-20 and then selling them for every game.

Most people do not look at prices everyday.  I was looking at Steelers tickets, saw this game was 1/4th the price and decided to go for it.  I told the people in my small town about it and about 15 more have bought tickets.

15 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I was talking about the former. 

To each their own. If that is how you feel, you'll get no challenge from me. 

It just strikes me as odd. Maybe its because I lived in Syracuse for 8 years and saw tons of indoor games. The difference between indoor v. outdoor didn't even occur to me, with the exception that indoor I didn't have to worry about temperature.  That said, I have zero doubt that an indoor stadium will ensure year round sell outs to Bills fans.  At the end of the day, the die hards (the type of people who post on message boards or buy season) are gonna go to the game, dome or no dome, its the people on the fence they need to sell tickets to. People on the fence don't want to sit in the cold. I think this means they could also consequently raise ticket prices. 

Ticket prices will be raised whether the stadium is open, closed or retractable. Exactly how much might depend a bit on the totl expense of the project. I think the biggest difference might be in the secondary market in December. 

I should note I have been to the Carrier Dome and enjoyed that experience-- but that was for basketball. Even then I prefer a smaller, more intimate setting. But it was much better for basketball than the Superdome

Edited by The Dean

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Tickets are available because no one thought the Bills would be playing any meaningful football in December because of recent history.

Plus, it's the holiday season and people need their money to buy useless gifts. ?

Cept me... I bought these in Sept. for wicked cheap.

I am Nostradamus btw. 

On 12/4/2019 at 1:11 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

And at $38 local fans are still unwilling to buy. It's worth noting that there are still plenty of unsold box office tickets as well.

So where are the people saying "Bills fans would sell out December home games if they mattered?" This game matters. So what's the excuse now?

I will have to disagree. I love indoor games. Having a covered stadium will help the Bills in many ways. Sold out games, better free agents, etc.

My last game was the Eagles wind and rain storm. It was miserable. Most people don't want to go to a game to catch hypothermia. 

also, the biggest benefit to the Bills of a Dome: sold out stadium, full of bills fans.  Imagine how loud that is going to be for opposing offenses! 

8 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Well I can say I just bought 8.

Is some of it the fans? Sure but honestly I bought it from a block of 20.  They are being sold in big groups in prime seats.  It needs to be looked at by the Pegulas next year.  People are buying season tickets at chunks of 10-20 and then selling them for every game.

Most people do not look at prices everyday.  I was looking at Steelers tickets, saw this game was 1/4th the price and decided to go for it.  I told the people in my small town about it and about 15 more have bought tickets.

buy Steeler tickets also.  Need a big contingent of Bills fans down here!   

On 12/4/2019 at 12:43 AM, Jrb1979 said:

The Bills best thing is to get a domed stadium for one. I think their biggest issue seems to be that a lot of season ticket holders are from out of town. The Bills would be best to make it so if you want season tickets you have to been in certain zip codes. Why should a guy who lives in Florida be allowed season tickets when you know the odds are they aren't going to many games a season. 

This also says a lot of how Buffalo fans can't afford a new stadium with higher prices. They can't sell out when the team is 9-3, then I don't see how they will sell out a new stadium. 

No offense, but WTH are you talking about suggesting that the Bills limit season ticket sales to just local zip codes?  I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and live in Virginia.  Before kids, and during the first 12-15 years of the 18 year suck period, I came up to almost all home games.  They are lucky to have me hang on for so long through piss poor management.  Then, I got tired of the losing and cut back drastically.  During those years, I had to practically give tickets away because nobody wanted them.  And I'm on the visiting team side, lower bowl, 48 yard line.  19 rows up.  Now that we are competitive again, I've been to more games again.

The city and region of Buffalo is plenty big enough to fill this stadium full of 90% Bills fans.  And that includes season ticket holders and locals that now have secondary market tickets available to them as well.  There are plenty of local Bills fans right now that could gobble up those secondary market tix as we speak.  

We aren't the only cold weather city in the NFL.  If the stadium isn't at least 90% Bills fans this Sunday, well, shame on us.  It's not going to be bone chilling cold.  Plenty of affordable tix are available.  And this is the first legitimate huge game we've had in 20 years.  

Get your asses to the game this weekend.  Dress warm.  And come fired up.

This makes me ill.

And no, it's not just as fun in front of your 75 inch TV in your basement.  I have one too.  That excuse is lame as well.  Nothing beats the live experience.  Nothing at all.  If the Bills pull an upset, those in attendance will remember the game forever, because the energy in the place will be amazing.  Something you can't create in your living room.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

No offense, but WTH are you talking about suggesting that the Bills limit season ticket sales to just local zip codes?  I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years and live in Virginia.  Before kids, and during the first 12-15 years of the 18 year suck period, I came up to almost all home games.  They are lucky to have me hang on for so long through piss poor management.  Then, I got tired of the losing and cut back drastically.  During those years, I had to practically give tickets away because nobody wanted them.  And I'm on the visiting team side, lower bowl, 48 yard line.  19 rows up.  Now that we are competitive again, I've been to more games again.

The reason I say limit season ticket sales is that a lot of out of towners seem to sell more games then they attend.  I can see the Bills keeping an eye on ticket holders that resell a lot of their tickets. The Denver Broncos revoked a lot of tickets from season ticket holders cause they sold more then they went to. 

22 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Good talk, man. Have fun at the game. Make it loud for me. I truly appreciate your commitment. 

You had to EDIT that......and that was the final draft?   Mmmkay.:thumbsup:

Posers gonna' pose.

But you're welcome.

Let me know when you are ready to be a part of the solution..........I'll hook you up with a good season ticket rep.✔️

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You had to EDIT that......and that was the final draft?   Mmmkay.:thumbsup:

Posers gonna' pose.

But you're welcome.

Let me know when you are ready to be a part of the solution..........I'll hook you up with a good season ticket rep.✔️

I've had'm before bud.... there was a lot more to that post but it honestly woulda made me look like about as much of a jerk as you regularly look like around here. so I kept it classy..... you wouldn't understand. 

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh I get it.

I just didn't know that  "surprised" and "embarrassed" meant the same thing to you. 

You are TWO HOURS away.  Totally reasonable excuse for a casual fan like yourself to not be there.

The difference between a "season ticket holder" and a "sometimes ticket holder" is "commitment" versus "involvement".  

"Ham and Eggs" as Mike Leach would say.:thumbsup:

I think for each their own and folks who don't attend every game just *might* have more going on in their lives to spend an entire Sunday afternoon drinking beer and partying with a bunch of other fans. I also do not think there is a such gauge, other than the subjective opinion of those who spend their Sundays at the stadium, for what defines a "causal fan" from a "true-loyal fan". Have to be honest, most people don't really care how  they're labeled because they are successful enough in life that the title of a true fan really doesn't bother them. But that's just my "subjective" opinion. 

And keep in mind, before you label other strangers, there are many many reasons fans may choose not to attend games; no babysitters for their children, health issues, financial issues (for those who may not be as successful :) ), transportation issues, other commitments to family or church, or simply have a great gig at home that they choose to remain in. But if any of the previous mentioned helps define a "true fan" from a "casual sometimes-ticket holder" than perhaps you should contribute to policies and/or manuals that officially certify what a worthy fan is.