Will Bird Fans Infiltrate New Era?

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The Bills best thing is to get a domed stadium for one. I think their biggest issue seems to be that a lot of season ticket holders are from out of town. The Bills would be best to make it so if you want season tickets you have to been in certain zip codes. Why should a guy who lives in Florida be allowed season tickets when you know the odds are they aren't going to many games a season. 

This also says a lot of how Buffalo fans can't afford a new stadium with higher prices. They can't sell out when the team is 9-3, then I don't see how they will sell out a new stadium. 

I believe the Bills are now phasing in that policy.

Electronic ticketing now allows the Bills to know how many of the person's tickets are used vs. sold.  Heck, they even know when you arrive in the stadium.  I know this because in the One Buffalo app my profile shows the notations "Earned home attendance" and "Earned early arrival" for each gameday.

BTW, I'm a STH in the Pittsburgh area and drive 3 hours each way, every week.  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a valid argument on the dome.  My cousin, who is very well connected said non public information is there to build a retractable roof stadium in the 1st ward right near the Buffalo News office.  The Pegulas are sitting out until the lease is up in 2022, while they behind the scenes are working hard on a public/private venture where they will contribute significantly, but needs the State to pony up a % of the dollars.  As much as I love OP, and the infrastructure to get 75,000 people in and out.

My concerned is will there be the space to do old fashioned tailgating, or are they going to try an increase food and beverage sales by the Pegulas which would suck.

Well, if you live in Buffalo, man up and get you’re friends to buy as many tickets as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

With respect to the dome/no dome question - I really love the idea of just building a roof over each side of the existing stadium (like Seattle or Miami).  It would be a massive structure, and you'd have to get rid of Abbott Rd, but it would still give you that outdoor feel.

Plus we could line the underside of the new roof with those infrared heaters, and that would look gnarly for night games.

• Like (+1) 2

Scot I like you’re thinking and completely agree, just don’t think that is the direction they are going.  The Pegulas from my speculation had a 10 year plan to coordinate what they already have done and even more linking their Sabres, to the Bills, to everything else they have and will build in that area.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I believe the Bills are now phasing in that policy.

Electronic ticketing now allows the Bills to know how many of the person's tickets are used vs. sold.  Heck, they even know when you arrive in the stadium.  I know this because in the One Buffalo app my profile shows the notations "Earned home attendance" and "Earned early arrival" for each gameday.

BTW, I'm a STH in the Pittsburgh area and drive 3 hours each way, every week.  

My app doesn't show any of that and I arrive hours early and go to every game.  Do you do something to check in?  Are you using your phone or plastic card when you go through the gates?

This game being such a cheap ticket sure adds fuel to the fire of the 'we need a dome' crowd.

8 hours ago, Rico said:

I will be watching here in Baltimore, but I know Ravens fans that are coming up for the game. They were talking smack about how many cheap tix are left.

It is a lot easier to justify the trip to an away stadium when you can score cheap tickets. For me it is anyway.

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

How in the world are there so many affordable seats for a game like this? I’m unable to make it but I paid more for seats to lessor games earlier in the year. 

sort of embarrassing. You can’t find a seat in Pittsburgh for less than like $90 and people are giving them away for as low as $38 in the Ralph this weekend. 

Oh Bills fans...

Image result for oh yee of little faith gif

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans travel well.............except to the Ralph in winter weather.?

Out of our 8 home regular season games it looks like 5 of them will be either cold or bad weather/windy games.

Next stadium needs a roof.

Sorry to all those die-hards who prefer watching an outdoor game from the comfort of their couch at home but even when the Bills are decent the tickets are cold product in cold weather.   

I'm convinced that those that go the the game who don't want a roof are the same people who say they like shopping at Sears because it's "quiet and peaceful".:beer:

Well this is just “judgy” 

ive been to a dome. Worst stadium experience I’ve ever had  Hands down. Not even close. 

EDIT: that’s a lie. When I was a younger drunker individual there was a sleet riddled browns game at the Ralph and I went totally underprepared. That was the worst.... regardless, for me, one crap experience outside is worth all the good ones I’ve had  in fall AND winter. If I wanna watch a game in a shopping mall I’ll just head to a local sports bar at the mall or stay in my living room. Won’t be paying much to head to a dome.... lucky for you. that gets rid of a certain type of person, eh? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

This is an age old issue.

Do the Bills have enough fans, with decent enough jobs and therefore, significant disposable income,  to afford Season Tix packages and everything else that goes with them? THAT has always been debatable and it is one of the cheapest ticket prices presently- in the NFL.

Be very careful what you wish for! Ticket prices will rise with a dome/ 21st. Century facility to $200 minimum- per ticket!

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was hard to watch/hear so many Iggles fans cheering on their team in New Era. 

Anyone know, do PoeBirds fans travel like that?

About the same drive time, 6.5-ish hrs

Seem to be a fair number of tickets remaining.

I am not selling my Tickets this week. Planning on flying up. 

7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The Bills best thing is to get a domed stadium for one. I think their biggest issue seems to be that a lot of season ticket holders are from out of town. The Bills would be best to make it so if you want season tickets you have to been in certain zip codes. Why should a guy who lives in Florida be allowed season tickets when you know the odds are they aren't going to many games a season. 

This also says a lot of how Buffalo fans can't afford a new stadium with higher prices. They can't sell out when the team is 9-3, then I don't see how they will sell out a new stadium. 

why should they alienate people like me?  I have been a Bills fans my entire life. That life has taken me out of NY after I graduated College and got my Commission in the Army. But I still have been a season ticket holder for 21 years. I make it back to Buffalo for just about every game. (Sold my tickets twice this year). 

I also make it to 50% or so of their away games. Want to lose Fans? alienate those of us outside of your certain Zip Codes for season ticket purchase. 

• Like (+1) 6

36 minutes ago, driddles said:

My app doesn't show any of that and I arrive hours early and go to every game.  Do you do something to check in?  Are you using your phone or plastic card when you go through the gates?

This game being such a cheap ticket sure adds fuel to the fire of the 'we need a dome' crowd.

I have my plastic card scanned at entry.

Maybe there's some linkage between your Bills account and your OneBuffalo account that hasn't been made.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

44 and cloudy. Seems about like a perfect football day IMO. Unfortunately having very young kids nowadays and a 2 hour drive doesn’t let me get there as much as I used to. 5 to 6 homes games has now turned into 3, maybe 4, tops. 

For the people much closer it’s crazy to me that the team is 9-3, in a huge AFC matchup, with a rep for being a passionate fan base and there are that many seats available online right now.... $40??? Really????? It just blows my mind. 

hopefully the stadium is still rocking and and it’s hardly noticeable on Sunday. 

i think a lot of it is the time of the year too.  i don't know about you, but we have stuff going on every day on every weekend from here on out.  i'm not saying that's what's keeping me from going to the game on sunday, but december gets tougher for sure.  the weather really shouldn't be bad enough to keep people away.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

HOW many tickets are available? 

100, 1000, 5000??? 

with 71,608 seats.  Would even 10,000 fans make a difference?  

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i think a lot of it is the time of the year two.  i don't know about you, but we have stuff going on every day on every weekend from here on out.  i'm not saying that's what's keeping me from going to the game on sunday, but december gets tougher for sure.  the weather really shouldn't be bad enough to keep people away.

This.   

IMO The Holiday season is a tough sell for most markets. People are saving / spending on Christmas gifts and family trips.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Scot I like you’re thinking and completely agree, just don’t think that is the direction they are going.  The Pegulas from my speculation had a 10 year plan to coordinate what they already have done and even more linking their Sabres, to the Bills, to everything else they have and will build in that area.

That's fine if they go that route, I just hope tailgating isn't completely eliminated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I'm thinking that myself.  You can't stop the opponents fans from attending EVEN if you pull a Seattle and don't allow ticket sales outside of certain Zip Codes.  

allowing Seasons to certain Zips will Alienate a lot of Season Ticket Holders. 

some Of us do sell our tickets to we can fund an extra away game or two. 

this year as long as Work doesn’t force something I will use 6 of my 8 home Tickets 

and went to 4 of 8 away games. 

not my fault my life has taken me outside of NY. But want to lose a fan? And his 3 younger Generation Bills fans take our ability to buy Season Tickets away. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well for one..........people who are "unable to make it" every single week.

We got a lot of those and it's sort of embarrassing(I guess).

And it turns out that a big part of the draw of the game is tailgate partying in decent weather.   

We have a ton of "tourists" come to games with us during the season and they drop like flies when it starts getting cold.

Might take a couple years of winning to re-acclimate the fanbase to the idea that we come for the football.

Please carry the torch then this weekend when you are at the game.  If less Bills fans are going, the ones who are going need to be doubly passionate!

• Like (+1) 1