Will Bird Fans Infiltrate New Era?

5 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Yup, this is the truth here. It ain't gonna be droves coming from Maryland. They will be coming from Toronto and such.

so weird... never understood this.  Is there a contingent of Southern Ontarioans who get off on rooting for the opposing team at Bills games?

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Perfectly said sir

Holy poop, I know myself, and prolly @Augie never thought those words would be uttered About one of his posts. 

17 hours ago, arcane said:

Yup. I love going to games, but money is tight, and honestly, I see more and have a more complete Bills experience when watching on TV compared to being there. If I was less interested in knowing exactly who is on the field and in what formation and how many yards each play gets as it's going on in real time and not waiting for announcements, and more interested in just having a good time and being loud, the games would be preferable, but that aspect of watching live honestly pains me a lot and it's fun to have the tv and be able to see it all

@BADOLBILZ pretty much said what I was going to post. I see so MUCH more at the game , getting to watch the substitutions in real time, watching how coverages unfold, seeing route combos, just way more enjoyable to me in person. And yep, miss the replays , but I could get those on RedZone at the game if I wanted. To focused on what’s happening on the field between plays though. 

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Holy poop, I know myself, and prolly @Augie never thought those words would be uttered About one of his posts. 

@BADOLBILZ pretty much said what I was going to post. I see so MUCH more at the game , getting to watch the substitutions in real time, watching how coverages unfold, seeing route combos, just way more enjoyable to me in person. And yep, miss the replays , but I could get those on RedZone at the game if I wanted. To focused on what’s happening on the field between plays though. 

If anyone knows about holy poop, it would be you! You are The Man on the Sacred Throne there!   ?

Nothing wrong with either experience. Watching a Bills game can be awesome in a lot of different ways and can be special.....in a lot of different ways. I get the advantage of the tailgate, the full view of the field, the energy of the crowd. It’s amazing! I also am able to enjoy the game at my local Bills Backers bar and it’s great! We get probably 200-300/people per game, and I love that vibe. I also enjoy the game in the comfort of my home with all the advantages that provides. I’m still 100% a fan. 

I’ll never tell anyone they are less of a fan because they chose to watch a game at home. I hope that is a level of pompous I will never visit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'm just not smart enough to really dissect anything in real time, and in person it's way harder for me to see which subs happen, who's still on the field, and how far any given play has gotten down the field. I get way more info from the tv view. Of course, I'm poor and always sit way up high too which doesn't help things

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, arcane said:

I'm just not smart enough to really dissect anything in real time, and in person it's way harder for me to see which subs happen, who's still on the field, and how far any given play has gotten down the field. I get way more info from the tv view. Of course, I'm poor and always sit way up high too which doesn't help things

We are all different, and we can enjoy our team in different ways. It is NOT one size fits all. 

Plenz is a great guy, even if he takes credit for the awesome wings his nephew makes. (That part is shameful, and I expect coal in his stocking!)  I sat with him in the upper bowl a year or two ago, and they are actually great seats to capture everything that is happening. I’d never been in the upper bowl since the place opened in ‘73, and I was surprised by the great view. 

Don’t be intimidated by any jerk who thinks they are God’s gift to football. Do what’s comfortable and affordable for you. That could be anywhere in the stadium, at a Bills Bar, at home, or on the radio, NOBODY dictates how you are a fan. 

As much as I love being there (usually a couple games a year, one at home and one on the road), in some ways it IS better at home. Zero reason to apologize to anyone. 

Big day tomorrow. Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Yup, this is the truth here. It ain't gonna be droves coming from Maryland. They will be coming from Toronto and such.

I was out for a walk by the Falls with my GF about 2pm and met a Ravens fan named Matt who drove up from Maryland.

He is meeting some friends from Buffalo and going to the game.

There was a Raven fan bus painted purple towing a large trailer with all sorts of tailgating tools on it parked in the bus lot near the falls.

I would guess there will be a fairly large contingent at the Cap.

BTW if your reading this Matt have fun at the game and GO Bills. 

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

so weird... never understood this.  Is there a contingent of Southern Ontarioans who get off on rooting for the opposing team at Bills games?

Considering the Bills have terrible for the last 25 years and there are almost 6 million people in the GTA it's not hard to see how Bills games are an easy ticket for people to come watch their favourite NFL team without paying for a flight and hotel. It also doesn't help that half of our fan base sells tickets like candy instead of actually going to the games.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I wish I could find pictures of the thousands upon thousands of Bills fans entering M&T stadium last September 

I saw more Bills fans tailgating than Ravens fans. 

I was there and that game might have been the most miserable game I have ever been to. Between the weather and the fact the bills didn't get a first down until mid third quarter.

The players on this bills team and coaches on staff come across as guys who remember games like the one last year and fully expect the team to be fired up more than usual. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Fair enough. If you prefer it at the game, all the power to you and I am glad you get a better experience out of it. Make some noise if you are at the game tomorrow! I will actually be there myself

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I was out for a walk by the Falls with my GF about 2pm and met a Ravens fan named Matt who drove up from Maryland.

He is meeting some friends from Buffalo and going to the game.

There was a Raven fan bus painted purple towing a large trailer with all sorts of tailgating tools on it parked in the bus lot near the falls.

I would guess there will be a fairly large contingent at the Cap.

BTW if your reading this Matt have fun at the game and GO Bills. 

Oh yeah I'm sure there will be some from Maryland and DC area. I just think Toronto being a mega city works against the Bills and Sabres when it comes to opposing fans invading our stadiums at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, arcane said:

Just as a heads up, I was not trying to dissect anyone’s fandom. As @Augie says, all differnat ways to watch the game, none being  the “ right” way. 

And Nd I love the upper bowl, moved our seats this year to row 22 of the lower bowl, and if I can find aisle seats eithe above row 30 I am going back next year!

BTW, I also keep two seats in the very last row of the stadium with my nephews, and LOVE those seats as well!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/5/2019 at 10:27 PM, Elite Poster said:

I got a group of 5 buddies from Washington DC area that are Ravens fans coming. Gonna be a lot of purple and black. 

Yep. A whole lot of black and purple here today. 

Build a dome. 

Edited by Elite Poster