Name This Person

T&C

18 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The song he was best known for would be considered adult contemporary / pop.  Whatever the hell that is...🤔

Did this song chart and if so what year?

On 7/9/2021 at 6:02 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6bb948cc88c3286c74104a4ce240abce.jpeg
Who is this actor / singer from the sixties?

24 hours and no correct answer.  That is Noel Harrison, known as Mark Slate from 'The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.'  That was the 'solo' reference I alluded to.  Was the first to record the song 'The Windmills of Your Mind' for the original version of 'The Thomas Crown Affair', although it was Dusty Springfield's version that received airplay in 1969.  Son of Rex Harrison.  Represented Great Britain as a downhill skier at the 1952 and 1956 Winter Olympics.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

24 hours and no correct answer.  That is Noel Harrison, known as Mark Slate from 'The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.'  That was the 'solo' reference I alluded to.  Was the first to record the song 'The Windmills of Your Mind' for the original version of 'The Thomas Crown Affair', although it was Dusty Springfield's version that received airplay in 1969.  Son of Rex Harrison.  Represented Great Britain as a downhill skier at the 1952 and 1956 Winter Olympics.

No way would I ever have got this one. Great history lesson, thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.