Shaq & Big Ed are dominating

wppete

33 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

By the time Bruuuuuuuuce was celebrating like this he had demonstrated his ethics and dedication (which he inially did not have). 

The concern is that Shaq is a one time contract driven player to fall back into his habits of the past. I will take what he is doing if he has truly made the change.

This is a weak argument imho...first off, you are making conditions on behavior- being ok with it in certain circumstances and not in others....2nd, if Lawson didn’t have the right attitude of being a team player, McD would have found a way to get rid of him long ago.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BfloBillsFan said:

too bad Trent Murphy couldn't get dumped so the Bills could invest that money in Shaq!

That’s likely going to happen, but not during this season.

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is a weak argument imho...first off, you are making conditions on behavior- being ok with it in certain circumstances and not in others....2nd, if Lawson didn’t have the right attitude of being a team player, McD would have found a way to get rid of him long ago.

I don't know if it was Lawson or not, but the "now we know why they don't pay Dak" stuff was of pretty poor taste IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

I am not a fan, never have been of that type of player.

I hear ya, but it’s not all bad, celebrating before the game is won, and especially when your team is currently losing, thats just lame as hell. A fist pump after a good play, that’s cool, but to start running around the field dancing, really?, especially when the game is not decided, again lame.  Now if you are definitely going to win I can see it, and that is expected, but sometimes when, a player acts all ego butt hurt after a win, then you just look like an asz (Shaq) And it’s worse when you get caught on TV looking that way. There is a way to do things and a way not to do things, I think we can all agree on that. 

Go Bills!!!

27 minutes ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

I don't know if it was Lawson or not, but the "now we know why they don't pay Dak" stuff was of pretty poor taste IMO.

Yup, this ^^^ it makes it look like your moms didn’t teach you how to act when you’re out public. Especially when his own fifth year option was recently declined.... they didn’t pay you either Shaq....

Go Bills 

I think McDermott can deal with the antics. Every player has their own personality, and he's said he's never wanted his players to hold back from being who they are. As long as you play within the system, and do the right thing in practice and off the field, Shaq talking some smack isn't gonna bother him. I'm not a huge fan of it as well, but these guys are out there busting their a$$, getting disrepected by the national media, and are playing well. It really doesn't bother me at all. And the players have bought in. Shaq has said numerous times, that the culture is different and he wouldn't want to be anywhere else. If the whole team was boasty or flashy, it would be different. As long as they go about their job as players and don't get in trouble, I'm fine with it

31 minutes ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

While that sounds like it could be interesting to listen to, I'm sure you're correct.  I can't even handle the team photo celebrations let alone hear what they are all saying.

You sound like the perfect poster candidate for the No Fun League

48 minutes ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

Personally when you put yourself out there with the hip pivot thing like Dak did or the "Feed Zeke" thing you're kinda asking for it.

I have no issues for our guys (who lets face are under represented by the national sports media) taking advantage of the national spotlight when they have it and telling the country that we are worth putting on tv. 

Just now, ProcessAccepted said:

Personally when you put yourself out there with the hip pivot thing like Dak did or the "Feed Zeke" thing you're kinda asking for it.

I have no issues for our guys (who lets face are under represented by the national sports media) taking advantage of the national spotlight when they have it and telling the country that we are worth putting on tv. 

Yeah, I hear ya.  I did not mind the Tre White Dak imitation. I did mind the not paying Dak mic'd up thing.  However I also don't know if White was saying anything at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

only on TBD could hometown fans take an OP about how awesome our guys are doing on the field and within a single page turn it into a negative thread about "antics".

Any family party I have been to where we are watching a game, this discussion breaks out.  It has been a "thing" for decades, nothing new.

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

By the time Bruuuuuuuuce was celebrating like this he had demonstrated his ethics and dedication (which he inially did not have). 

The concern is that Shaq is a one time contract driven player to fall back into his habits of the past. I will take what he is doing if he has truly made the change.

Ethics? Like getting DUIs from being passed out behind the wheel of his car? Or failing drug tests for cocaine? WELL into his career. LOL

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

only on TBD could hometown fans take an OP about how awesome our guys are doing on the field and within a single page turn it into a negative thread about "antics".

I was merely lampooning this thread that went on for 11 pages earlier this week. I didnt expect folks to take it so seriously.