The Bills ARE IN the playoffs –Tickets on Sale Now

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/d8f469d1-8999-3f03-997f-541bb89aa2e4/the-bills-aren%26%2339%3Bt-even-in.html

The Buffalo Bills have yet to secure a playoff spot and even if they get one, there's no guarantee they'll play at New Era Field. However, under an NFL policy put into effect this year, the Bills must make postseason game tickets not held by season ticket holders available beginning Thursday. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

8 hours ago, TDTT said:

Is there any negative effect to buying tickets now? If there don't wind up being any home games, will the tickets be refunded in a somewhat timely manner?

I would imagine so. 

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I haven't received anything from the ticket office about this, has anyone else? 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They have our credit cards. 

Weren't season ticket holders sold tickets as part of their package?   they had to pay for pre and post season seats?  Or was that changed ages ago? 

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is one of the most beautiful threads I have seen started since I started surfing this site in 2000!

This is an” On the cusp of something special” kinda thread???

Why thank you.    

I saw the article and thought a few people here might enjoy it 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Weren't season ticket holders sold tickets as part of their package?   they had to pay for pre and post season seats?  Or was that changed ages ago? 

We are required to give a credit card so playoffs tickets can be charged immediately, then added to our accounts. I guess it makes sense to pre-sell playoff tickets to non-STH'ers considering you potentially only have week notice of having a game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

Happy Holidays, Team,

Even though this is an NFL rule, this is only via my lens, not digging "Selling Playoff tickets prior to clinching a playoff spot".  Bad karma.....

Every team in the history of sports has sold playoff tickets prior to knowing what it will look like. As someone that ran a ticketing department for 6 seasons there is a lot of time required to turn it around. There is zero to be concerned about. We are talking about a month; that is nothing!! This isn’t new (at all) in any sport. We just aren’t used to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Every team in the history of sports has sold playoff tickets prior to knowing what it will look like. As someone that ran a ticketing department for 6 seasons there is a lot of time required to turn it around. There is zero to be concerned about. We are talking about a month; that is nothing!! This isn’t new (at all) in any sport. We just aren’t used to it.

Yep, I get it......I am just big a karma. Earn the playoff spot, then.......sell away.

There would need to be a collapse of epic proportions for them to miss at this point.  Even if they finish with 9 wins they still have a decent chance at getting in.

Edited by matter2003

STHs at the beginning of the season commit to reserving tickets and say they'll pay for the ticket if the team has a home playoff game. 

Pretty straightforward and doesn't seem strange to me. They want to have a good handle on how many tickets will actually be up for grabs.

Edited by junior12thman92