49ers release K Chase McLaughlin... Update: Claimed by Colts - Bills and Pats placed claim.

whatdrought

1 minute ago, Kiva said:

Would you rather lose another game because of 6 mill? No!! It’s worth the dead cap to cut him loose. 

Chase should have been signed yesterday. 

He needed to go through waivers first.  The Colts claimed him and their priority position was better than the Bills, who also claimed him.  

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

He needed to go through waivers first.  The Colts claimed him and their priority position was better than the Bills, who also claimed him.  

Damn!! At least they know Houshka is a major liability. 

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

Not sure where we're getting $2 million from. That's lower than even the base salary of his extension. Original deal was 3 years for 8.85 million. Extension was 2 years for 9 million tacked on. Cap hits were 2.6, 3.0 and 3.25 million on the original deal. 3.25 was ripped up with the extension. New cap hits for 2019-2021 are 5.025, 3.05 and 3.175 million. 

At the very least he shouldn't make it to the 2020 roster. They can cut him and save 1.8 million which is twice as much as you have to pay a kid to kick at the same 66% clip that he's been at for the last calendar year

Sounds great but there's a certain Evil Empire that is looking for yet another kicker right now....why would anyone take a practice squad spot when there's a job available on the 53 somewhere

Thanks for the info. That actually helps me make my point even more valid. Which was Beane didn't give Hausch an extension to "boost his confidence". That was a  ridiculous notion at $2 million and even more of a ridiculous notion at the #'s you provided.

Edited by Dopey

14 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Would you rather lose another game because of 6 mill? No!! It’s worth the dead cap to cut him loose. 

Chase should have been signed yesterday. 

No wind, no rain. Just missed.

Edited by Dopey

16 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Is he subject to the waiver wire, or an immediate Free Agent?

If on waivers, he’ll be picked up before us or the pasties can get to him.

FINALLY somebody gets what's happening. It just shocks me that, at this point in the year, nobody seems to understand the Bills just can't sign any player that's cut. Cap hit has NOTHING to do with it. 

And let's get something straight, Hauschka's leg isn't "shot". He's kicking off out of the endzone better than I can remember---so there is still some power there. But something is definately off. I'm thinking this is probably his last year in Buffalo. But for this year. until there is a legit better kicker that is available to sign, he's our guy. Whining they need to get someone else, without offering a name who is available to sign, and is a definite upgrade, is just stupidity.  As far as I can tell, there just isn't anyone better available right now. I'm sure if there was, Beane would be working him out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The current special teams coach has no experience in kicking;. 

Bills should bring in an ex-player with experience working thru these issues as assistant special teams coach.

They talked about this on OBL - many kickers have their own kicking coach - like Hauschka.  The special teams coach does not teach kicking or punting - they teach the techniques to block or tackle, but the kicking aspect is usually handled by the player or a specific coach they utilize year around.

This is very typical for almost all teams/players because each individual kicker is different and having a unique coach for that process on your team can mess up a guys technique.  It is like trying to switch swing coaches in golf - it can take years to master a new swing and in the mean time you are vulnerable to a lot of misses.

The Bills and Hauschka are set up with this as he has access to his kicking coach to make sure his technique is fine.  

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wow! Hauschka may have missed that FG,  but not that badly. The kid doesn't appear handle pressure well but he is young.

I cringe when I see missed 47 yard FGs........

And yet that was the only kick he missed in his time in San Francisco. And if he can't handle pressure how did he hit a 47 yarder as time expired in regulation to force OT in the first place

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wow! Hauschka may have missed that FG,  but not that badly. The kid doesn't appear handle pressure well but he is young.

I cringe when I see missed 47 yard FGs........

I guess it's a moot point now, but there has to be a reason he's on his 5th team this year. Either every team can't wait to sign him or he's just not that good. He missed 15 field goals in 3 seasons in college. I've been saying all along, if we find a better kicker, sign him up. Chase isn't better.

11 hours ago, The Dean said:

FINALLY somebody gets what's happening. It just shocks me that, at this point in the year, nobody seems to understand the Bills just can't sign any player that's cut. Cap hit has NOTHING to do with it. 

And let's get something straight, Hauschka's leg isn't "shot". He's kicking off out of the endzone better than I can remember---so there is still some power there. But something is definately off. I'm thinking this is probably his last year in Buffalo. But for this year. until there is a legit better kicker that is available to sign, he's our guy. Whining they need to get someone else, without offering a name who is available to sign, and is a definite upgrade, is just stupidity.  As far as I can tell, there just isn't anyone better available right now. I'm sure if there was, Beane would be working him out.

Could his hip be bothering him? Strength is still there but accuracy off

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Could his hip be bothering him? Strength is still there but accuracy off

Maybe he'll get cured if he kicks Henry Anderson with his left leg in week 16?

2 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Come on, @Augie

Let's do it the right way, and start a poll to see if we should turn to the poll to decide.

Yeah, when in doubt, choose redundancy!

If you're not sure, refer to the guidelines provided by the official Department of Redundancy Department!  

• Haha (+1) 1