Joe B. All-22 vs Cowboys: Ford may have sealed his fate as a Guard in 2020

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

All credit to Daboll for turning a vulnerability in pass pro into an opportunity then.........5D chess. ♟️   

He can't pass block........you know that right?:flirt:

As much as he's shown that he has trouble in pass-pro (and you're right he's shown consistent trouble, especially early), he has clearly made some progress with it of late.

He is a rookie at a position that takes some guys a couple years to get to their level.

I'd hope you keep your unbiased eye on him as he goes through this likely continued progression.

It's something many analysts of all kinds (from media to message board followers) struggle with... Letting go of their original take on a player.

And I don't know about you, but I'll take Baldy's (former player who sees film the way the NFL people do) analysis over Joe B's (media member who never saw a football field or coached or scouted) all day, or atleast as a baseline for what I see on my own.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Is it just me or is this dude obsessed with Ford? 

Right. He said almost the same exact thing last week. 

Again, another week and another highly paid defensive pass rusher that didn’t effect the game. 

Just an amateur here but I rewatched the game and thought Ford was solid

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He knows the term kick slide? 

Does he understand that Cody could very well be coached to absolutely make sure you don't get beat inside bc even if this elite DE gets around you Josh will most likely see it and more than likely just step up or run and thats fine......just keep him outside and impede him as best you can.  

Has anyone seen Ford get beat inside?

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is the way I think its going to play out

Spain is going to want a huge contract......one of the reasons he was even available to us was because he was waiting for money that never materialized and it didnt happen.

He has been solid this year.....on a team going to the playoffs......and when the season is over he is going to be looking for one again.

Ford is waiting in the wings as a starting guard....and we have a insane amount of depth at the position.

Ford to LT.....Jon F. gets extended at RT.......we keep the ex Jet C/G and the guy we traded for as depth......we find another RT.

I hope you mean guard.

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why do people take what Joe B says as Gospel?  He is just stating an opinion.  He is not some film guru. 

You're talking about J Bus Bus

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Is it just me or is this dude obsessed with Ford? 

It's you.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Brian Balldinger said the exact opposite about Ford... Not sure whose take is more accurate. 

Also, I'm not okay letting Spain walk just to try Ford at guard. I don't care what his pedigree is. 

If you're talking about Baldinger's twitter, he did put up a video of a nice rep by Ford, but it was run blocking. Joe B hasn't had a problem with Ford's run blocking.

Spain is going to want a huge contract......one of the reasons he was even available to us was because he was waiting for money that never materialized and it didnt happen.

He has been solid this year.....on a team going to the playoffs......and when the season is over he is going to be looking for one again.

Ford is waiting in the wings as a starting guard....and we have a insane amount of depth at the position.

Ford to LT.....Jon F. gets extended at RT.......we keep the ex Jet C/G and the guy we traded for as depth......we find another RT.

I wouldnt mind paying Spain as we will have plenty of money depending on what we do with Tre White and Lawson (both of whom I would like to re-sign). I also think we should draft a Center pretty high as Morse just looks one hit/injury away from retirement. 

As for Ford, give him another year at least. 

Ford to LT is the part of that that makes no sense. He hasn't got the mobility for RT, much less LT.

We've got no problem at LT anyway. There's a guy there doing a good job. Expect Ford to be either at guard or maybe at RT if we can't get anyone better (Nsekhe?).

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's you.

If you're talking about Baldinger's twitter, he did put up a video of a nice rep by Ford, but it was run blocking. Joe B hasn't had a problem with Ford's run blocking.

Nah, he was complementing his pass protection. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1200910082655084544

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know this is a Ford post, but based on previous statements, let’s be clear: Spain needs to be signed to a multi-year deal. He’s been very good and one thing we’ve all learned is good depth on the O-line is a necessity every year. Signing him does not preclude the Bills from signing another and / or Drafting a decent OT in the mid rounds. He needs to be back. Period. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

There was one play during the game where Romo said something like omg he has got all day back there

I looked at the tv (st loius We where eating) AND THOUGHT where is ford and he was all by himself handling the de

Know it was just one play and Josh went to his left but he did have 5 sec (we tevo it)

• Like (+1) 1