David Carr: Four Offenses I Don't Trust (Bills one of them)

MJS

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

Gives credit to Allen & the offense for having only 1 turnover the past few weeks, and then goes on to say he believes turnovers are looming.

That doesnt even make sense. If we haven't been committing turnovers then they shouldn't be a future worry. Other than in the general sense of always wanting to limit them.

And last season Allen was playing back yard football. This year its more of a run & shoot type style, with throwing from the pocket & roll outs.

David Carr just got sacked too many times. Sheesh

Agreed. The Bills has nothing except the deep ball last year. They've proven that they can get the job done with no deep ball whatsoever this year. Throwing it deep is more like "backyard football" than what they've been doing this year.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

And we care about the opinion of the guy only known as "Derek Carr's brother" because???????

We don't.

58 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I guess that flea-flicker sent Carr over the edge and the Bills are now a backyard football team in his eyes.

Yeah. One trick play will do that for you, haha. But when other teams do it they get praised.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

My guess is David only seen us play once this year and is making his opinion off John Browns TD pass. 

That was my take. It sounds like the guy hasn't watched one game the Bills played and has been assigned to provide analysis and is not prepared.

Again, take us lightly. We play backyard football. We don't have $100MM players. blah blah blah.......See you in January in GORGEOUS Orchard Park!!

Edited by Houston's #1 Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They're not really running a back yard offense.  They're running an NFL-ized variant of a college offense.  Not same thing at all.

Neither are the Bills, in my opinion. In the last two weeks they have hung a significant number of points on highly ranked NFL defenses. 

Have they simplified? Yup. Is that backyard? Whatever you want/need to call it is fine with me but it is currently yielding results in the NFL. ? 

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Back yard offense? What the heck do you think the Ravens are running you moron?

the ravens are averaging 200 passing and 200 rushing yards per game, 20+ points per game, and on pace to have the fewest punts in NFL history. 

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wouldn't call it backyard football at all.  Maybe some of his earlier "hero ball" games looked like that but recent games has me thinking we have an NFL offense that's only going to get better as they continue to hit their stride and jell. 

you hit the nail on the head!  The last four weeks or so, every time our offense is on the field I watch excited to see what play we’re going to run next, rather than hiding my head in my hands or wincing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Typical for NFLN "Analysts"

File him with Marshall "Bills need to improve at OLT" Faulk.  A lot of the former players there are lazy sacks.

He will NEVER live that down in my mind! That man is stealing, but nobody cares. 

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

John brown is just first or second in the afc in receiving yards. But he doesn’t scare anyone. 

They won’t believe until we make them. Beat the Ravens and the bandwagon will fill up

He's slid down a bit the last 2 weeks because Denver and Dallas worked hard to take him away. 

I think he's 4th or 5th in the AFC, 15th overall at this point - one good reception back from Deandre Hopkins.

So if Diggs, Hopkins, and Chark scare Defenses - and they do - they should definately know Hopkins name.

You guys need to realize that most of the speaking pundits (even the former players) don't work a full typical work week at it. They don't see all the games. (one of the Good Morning Football hosts said just today that other than he and somewhat Kay Adams, none of the rest of them had seen more than 5 minutes of Bills football this year). They focus on the big draw and traditionally better teams and only follow the rest in bits and pieces when they have moments of relevance. It is what it is I guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

John brown is just first or second in the afc in receiving yards. But he doesn’t scare anyone. 

They won’t believe until we make them. Beat the Ravens and the bandwagon will fill up

That's what we need to do. Even when we beat the Ravens, they will still say "oh, they need to now beat a side they should beat easy in Steelers...still not convinced"

13 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

the ravens are averaging 200 passing and 200 rushing yards per game, 20+ points per game, and on pace to have the fewest punts in NFL history. 

Never said it wasn't effective.?

Carr said he doesn't trust Buffalos offense because he claims it's a backyard type offense and he feels turnovers are looming. Yet it is more conventional than anything Baltimore runs. Not saying the Ravens offense is not effective because it obviously is, but it's more " backyard and playground" type football than anything in the NFL right now. 

10 minutes ago, krf139 said:

All the fools who trusted David Carr to be an NFL star...

Charley Casserly and Dom Capers head the list

Fun fact: David Carr was the opposing QB for Ryan Fitzpatrick's first win.  Leading 24-3 at the half.  Lost 33-27. (insert wah-wah-wah-wah-waaaaaah sound effect)

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Tackle ball on the street. It’s why Lamar’s so elusive.... evading civics and silverados is excellent practice. 

Bad take there