David Carr: Four Offenses I Don't Trust (Bills one of them)

MJS

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083664/article/offensive-player-rankings-week-14-four-offenses-i-dont-trust

BUFFALO BILLS: "I'm sure Josh Allen and the Bills enjoyed every bite of turkey on their flight back to Buffalo after blowing past the floundering Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I have to give the young passer credit because he has improved across the board from his rookie campaign -- and even within the past few weeks. He's played at a high level since Week 11 -- the Bills are 3-0 since then -- with eight total touchdowns (two rushing) and just one turnover. The reason the Bills are on my list: While Allen leads the league's third-best pass offense, he's is too much of a wild card. His style of play isn't super clean or efficient, and at times it looks like the Bills are playing too much backyard football, causing me to believe turnovers are still looming. And when I think about the receiving corps, while talented, I'm not sure there is any one player who really makes me nervous. Maybe Cole Beasley. Maybe. This is a young offense -- other than ol' Frank Gore -- that will be seriously tested down the stretch with games against the Ravens (10-2), Steelers (7-5) and Patriots (10-2) over the next three weeks. Hopefully Buffalo's offense continues to play well and proves me wrong."

Honestly, I don't really understand his analysis. The Bills don't appear to me to be playing "backyard football". What about their scheme has anything to do with "backyard football"? Josh Allen is "too much of a wildcard" why? He has been taking care of the football, throwing the ball to open receivers. I don't see him throwing into coverage anymore or playing hero ball. "His style of play isn't super clean or efficient"? What does he mean by that? Allen is one of the best in the league in the 11-20 range on passes.

Seems to me like David Carr hasn't actually been watching much of Allen. He probably watched the Pats game and made up his mind.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Back yard offense? What the heck do you think the Ravens are running you moron?

Yeah, Jackson doesn't even have to make any reads. Every throw is schemed open for him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083664/article/offensive-player-rankings-week-14-four-offenses-i-dont-trust

BUFFALO BILLS: "I'm sure Josh Allen and the Bills enjoyed every bite of turkey on their flight back to Buffalo after blowing past the floundering Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I have to give the young passer credit because he has improved across the board from his rookie campaign -- and even within the past few weeks. He's played at a high level since Week 11 -- the Bills are 3-0 since then -- with eight total touchdowns (two rushing) and just one turnover. The reason the Bills are on my list: While Allen leads the league's third-best pass offense, he's is too much of a wild card. His style of play isn't super clean or efficient, and at times it looks like the Bills are playing too much backyard football, causing me to believe turnovers are still looming. And when I think about the receiving corps, while talented, I'm not sure there is any one player who really makes me nervous. Maybe Cole Beasley. Maybe. This is a young offense -- other than ol' Frank Gore -- that will be seriously tested down the stretch with games against the Ravens (10-2), Steelers (7-5) and Patriots (10-2) over the next three weeks. Hopefully Buffalo's offense continues to play well and proves me wrong."

Honestly, I don't really understand his analysis. The Bills don't appear to me to be playing "backyard football". What about their scheme has anything to do with "backyard football"? Josh Allen is "too much of a wildcard" why? He has been taking care of the football, throwing the ball to open receivers. I don't see him throwing into coverage anymore or playing hero ball. "His style of play isn't super clean or efficient"? What does he mean by that? Allen is one of the best in the league in the 11-20 range on passes.

Seems to me like David Carr hasn't actually been watching much of Allen. He probably watched the Pats game and made up his mind.

Pretty damn amateurish sounding analysis. If he posted that here, he would be a troll!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This is coming from one of the most sacked qbs in the nfl in a season.. maybe one to many hits. Maybe playing too safe running through his reads leading to 76 sacks in a season.  Or maybe a bit of jealousy that his career will never be measured as high as Josh. 

No mention of smoke haha maybe Cole Beasley scares someone. I guess anyone can have a voice as a former pro player. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we are 23rd in passing offense. Definitely not 3rd.

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

This is coming from one of the most sacked qbs in the nfl in a season.. maybe one to many hits. Maybe playing too safe running through his reads leading76 sacks in a season.  to  Or a bit of jealousy that his career will never be measured this high. 

no mention of smoke haha maybe Cole Beasley.. I guess anyone can have a voice as a former pro player. 

Yeah, John Brown has been having a great season and has shown he is more than just a deep threat. Knox and Singletary have been getting a lot of national respect. Guess he forgot about them.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Classic case of fitting a narrative to match prior beliefs! Square Peg Round Hole who cares? Ya right David Carr.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000958003/Carr-uses-film-to-show-why-Allen-isn-t-ready-to-start-for-Bills

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Too many hits to the head for Dave.

See, this type of banter and homerism will get you likes here but I fear that fans like you will be the first to flip if Allen has a bad game. He’s a young QB, he will take his lumps and even look lost at times during his growth and maturation. It’s to be expected. I love Allen and wanted us to draft him, I still think he’s going to be awesome but let’s be real here, it’s a process. Let’s try n stay even keel here.

2 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

See, this type of banter and homerism will get you likes here but I fear that fans like you will be the first to flip if Allen has a bad game. He’s a young QB, he will take his lumps and even look lost at times during his growth and maturation. It’s to be expected. I love Allen and wanted us to draft him, I still think he’s going to be awesome but let’s be real here, it’s a process. Let’s try n stay even keel here.

Lol wut

I'm one of the few here who has never freaked out over Allen.

• Like (+1) 1