Wegman’s re-launching Flutie Flakes for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

A couple? I counted six. He wasn't the same player in 1999 as he was 1998. He a grand total of 20 TDs in 1999. It's ironic but you know what 1999 also was? The last season of Bruce, Andre and Thurman but yeah I give credit to an average QB leading us to the playoffs not three HOFers and top defense of the year. Sorry I can't see what you're seeing.

Again, without Bruce, Thurman and Andre in 2000 he still went 4-1 as a starter in 5 games started. He went 8-3 in 98 and 10-5 in 99. That's 23-9 in 3 seasons. He won. He was a good QB in the 3 seasons he was with us and we went 8-8 in 2000. We could have went to the playoffs that yeat had he had started the whole season without Bruce, Thurman and Andre. Thurman and Andre had very little to do with that 99 season anyway. Thurman only play like 4 games. Johnson went 4-7 as a starter that season. Flutie was a good QB with us. No matter how much you want to admit it. Outside of that Miami playoff game which I don't blame him for, Flutie never got a chance to get it done and when he played he was a winner

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Quarterbacked the team to 5 turnovers in a playoff game against our biggest rival.   

It happened.

Are you saying he turned the ball over 5 times in that game? No, he didn't. He threw a pick and fumbled at the end. He also threw a beautiful pass to Moulds the first play of the game that he fumbled. He also threw another TD to Moulds and one to Andre that was called down at the 1 when it was clear he was in. We got screwed on that play. Andre got ejected from that game because of that because he purposely bumped and official for getting screwed

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Again, without Bruce, Thurman and Andre in 2000 he still went 4-1 as a starter in 5 games started. He went 8-3 in 98 and 10-5 in 99. That's 23-9 in 3 seasons. He won. He was a good QB in the 3 seasons he was with us and we went 8-8 in 2000. We could have went to the playoffs that yeat had he had started the whole season without Bruce, Thurman and Andre. Thurman and Andre had very little to do with that 99 season anyway. Thurman only play like 4 games. Johnson went 4-7 as a starter that season. Flutie was a good QB with us. No matter how much you want to admit it. Outside of that Miami playoff game which I don't blame him for, Flutie never got a chance to get it done and when he played he was a winner

Are you saying he turned the ball over 5 times in that game? No, he didn't. He threw a pick and fumbled at the end. He also threw a beautiful pass to Moulds the first play of the game that he fumbled. He also threw another TD to Moulds and one to Andre that was called down at the 1 when it was clear he was in. We got screwed on that play. Andre got ejected from that game because of that because he purposely bumped and official for getting screwed

If Flutie was such a winner why did he bounce around to do many teams in the CFL and NFL? Truly great ones tend to stick around on one team. Flutie didn't win in his first stint in NFL or when he left the Bills. "He won" because had a great D bail him out in 1999, when we needed him to make a play with the game on the line he literally dropped the ball in 1998. His myth was bigger than his play and his height. If want to say he was better than RJ I'll agree but never him call anything more than average maybe equal to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If Flutie was such a winner why did he bounce around to do many teams in the CFL and NFL? Truly great ones tend to stick around on one team. Flutie didn't win in his first stint in NFL or when he left the Bills. "He won" because had a great D bail him out in 1999, when we needed him to make a play with the game on the line he literally dropped the ball in 1998. His myth was bigger than his play and his height. If want to say he was better than RJ I'll agree but never him call anything more than average maybe equal to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

He's a freaking hall of famer in the CFL. He was a 6 time MVP and 3 time Grey Cup winner. He is considered in Canada to be the greatest CFL player of all time. Are you an idiot? He didn't only win in 99 because he had a number 1 defense bailing him out. The same number 1 defense we had in 98 when Johnson started 0-3. The same defense we had minus Bruce Smith for the most part in 2000 which is the same season Rob Johnson only won 4 of 11 starts and Flutie went 4-1. It completely derails your argument. If your gonna say that it was the defense bailing him out then the same would stand for Johnson. However, Johnson was a terrible QB so it didn't matter what kind of defense he had. And to say that in that 3 year period that Flutie was never better than Fitzpatrick is insulting. Flutie could have won us a Super Bowl. Fitzpatrick never would have accomplished that. You seem to me to be just a stats guy and not looking at the bigger picture. Flutie in that 3 year span, especially in 98 and 2000 were much better than Fitzpatrick has ever been at any point in his career. If you just remember watching him in the games he made Bills games the most exciting of any Bills QB until Josh Allen came along. I can't think of any QB since Flutie that ever kept me on the edge of my seat like he did. I seriously can't believe he has to be defended to this degree. 23-9 as a starter but it was a number 1 defense and hall of famers that made very little impact in the final two years of their career that were the main reason for that record. Get the hell out of here

Ok. Since we're airing the grievances against Flutie here, I HATED the narrative that he MADE Eric Moulds. If you don't recall this, you weren't paying attention. The media/fans acted like Moulds was a PS talent who had some kind of "magical" emergence simply because Doug Flutie created his very being.

Moulds was already balling with RJ before Flutie ever took the field. Stats don't lie. 

Moulds was most definitely a media victim of Flutie for a couple of years. Guy was a stud who "figured it out" in his third season. 

Some of my disdain for Flutie isn't so much Doug himself, but the ridiculous nonsense devoid of fact that surrounded his "mystique." 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Rob Johnson couldn't be a full time starter because he sucked. He was outplayed by Flutie all 3 years they were both here together. And your post about how we couldn't beat the Rams because of 16 points. If you remember correctly the Rams vs Titans Super Bowl was 16-16 in the 4th quarter before Warner hit Isaac Bruce for the ling TD. The Rams only scored 23 points. We had the number 1 defense in the league. It was better than the Titans. If they could hold them to 16 until the last quarter and 23 points total, I'm not sure why we couldn't do the same

If you want to say Flutie was mediocre which I would still say is slightly wrong, then yes, I will agree with you. No person in their right mind would ever say that Flutie was awful. He was the last QB to take us to the playoffs for nearly 20 years

He was aweful. 3 or 4 times a game he would fire a simple swing pass into the turf. He completed just over half his passes. He sucked, but occasionally made some crazy Johnny manziel college play so the rank and file clamored for more. 

Watch the movie Rudy... that is Doug Flutie. 

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I dislike this guy is in any way associated with the Bills.

He was the ominous beginning of a 2 decade decline in the franchise from a championship competitor to an impotent marketing dog and pony show with poor locker room culture and inferior talent at every position; especially his. 

And if that’s not bad enough, he is considered some kind of superstar god in New England 

You blame the start of our 17 year drought on Flutie? You do realize he was the last QB that got us to the playoffs before that happened, right? I would argue he was one of the last good things that happened before the decline of the franchise than say he was the reason it started. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He was aweful. 3 or 4 times a game he would fire a simple swing pass into the turf. He completed just over half his passes. He sucked, but occasionally made some crazy Johnny manziel college play so the rank and file clamored for more. 

Watch the movie Rudy... that is Doug Flutie. 

First off, the correct spelling is "awful" not aweful.

Secondly, he didn't suck. Outside of Bledsoe, he was easily the 2nd best QB that we had by far since Kelly. He went 23-9 in his 32 starts as a Bill. He played fairly well in 98, fell off a bit in 99 and then played well gain in 2000. I don't know what your talking about throwing a ball into the turf in swing passes. He threw plenty of good balls from what I can remember

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You blame the start of our 17 year drought on Flutie? You do realize he was the last QB that got us to the playoffs before that happened, right? I would argue he was one of the last good things that happened before the decline of the franchise than say he was the reason it started. 

Secondly, he didn't suck. Outside of Bledsoe, he was easily the 2nd best QB that we had by far since Kelly. He went 23-9 in his 32 starts as a Bill. He played fairly well in 98, fell off a bit in 99 and then played well gain in 2000. I don't know what your talking about throwing a ball into the turf in swing passes. He threw plenty of good balls from what I can remember

Your memory is awful even if you can spell check 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I didn't need to spell check. It's a pretty simple word

You spell checked me, no?

Flutie- joke of a qb. Trash. 

His fans were casual fans that didn’t know a thing about football but liked Frosted Flakes and vertically challenged people doing things regular sized people do with ease. Feel good story. Great underdog story. He sucked. He was Trent Dilffer or Jim McMahon but just a bit worse.

Please check my spelling? Thx 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You spell checked me, no?

Flutie- joke of a qb. Trash. 

His fans were casual fans that didn’t know a thing about football but liked Frosted Flakes and vertically challenged people doing things regular sized people do with ease. Feel good story. Great underdog story. He sucked. He was Trent Dilffer or Jim McMahon but just a bit worse.

Please check my spelling? Thx 

You know what else I can remember? Is him taking us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years here. Only to get screwed over. He won games. 23-9 in 3 years. A pro bowler his first year with us along with comeback player of the year the same year. I would say I remember pretty well. I'm hardly a casual fan and I know everything or damn near everything about football. You wanna call him mediocre? Fine. Trash? I would say you're the one who knows nothing about football 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Are you saying he turned the ball over 5 times in that game? 

Like I said.........he quarterbacked the team to 5 turnovers.   He himself lost two fumbles and threw an interception.   Against a defense that otherwise couldn't stop them in a very easy road venue.   He played a sloppy game where he was egregiously careless with the football.    

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said.........he quarterbacked the team to 5 turnovers.   He himself lost two fumbles and threw an interception.   Against a defense that otherwise couldn't stop them in a very easy road venue.   He played a sloppy game where he was egregiously careless with the football.    

How careless was Jim Kelly with the football in 4 super bowls? 2TDs and 7INTs. Not to mention however many fumbles he had. According to your logic, Kelly Quarterbacked us to 3 turnovers in Superbowl 28 even though Thurman was responsible for 2 of them. Flutie wasn't the cause of all 5 turnovers so please, don't try to make it sound worse for him than he was. He only quaterbacked us to 3 turnovers that he was responsible for not the 5 total turnovers in the game

Newsflash: “Easily the 2nd best QB ..since Kelly.” is far from a ringing endorsement.

You know what else I can remember? Is him taking us to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years here. Only to get screwed over. He won games. 23-9 in 3 years. A pro bowler his first year with us along with comeback player of the year the same year. I would say I remember pretty well. I'm hardly a casual fan and I know everything or damn near everything about football. You wanna call him mediocre? Fine. Trash? I would say you're the one who knows nothing about football 

? Then why are we far from humbled to have you join our little group?

I didn't need to spell check. It's a pretty simple word

He played fairly well in 98, fell off a bit in 99 and then played well gain in 2000.

well gain? ? Is that a new hair growth formula, or are you grammar- challenged?

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's a freaking hall of famer in the CFL. He was a 6 time MVP and 3 time Grey Cup winner. He is considered in Canada to be the greatest CFL player of all time. Are you an idiot? He didn't only win in 99 because he had a number 1 defense bailing him out. The same number 1 defense we had in 98 when Johnson started 0-3. The same defense we had minus Bruce Smith for the most part in 2000 which is the same season Rob Johnson only won 4 of 11 starts and Flutie went 4-1. It completely derails your argument. If your gonna say that it was the defense bailing him out then the same would stand for Johnson. However, Johnson was a terrible QB so it didn't matter what kind of defense he had. And to say that in that 3 year period that Flutie was never better than Fitzpatrick is insulting. Flutie could have won us a Super Bowl. Fitzpatrick never would have accomplished that. You seem to me to be just a stats guy and not looking at the bigger picture. Flutie in that 3 year span, especially in 98 and 2000 were much better than Fitzpatrick has ever been at any point in his career. If you just remember watching him in the games he made Bills games the most exciting of any Bills QB until Josh Allen came along. I can't think of any QB since Flutie that ever kept me on the edge of my seat like he did. I seriously can't believe he has to be defended to this degree. 23-9 as a starter but it was a number 1 defense and hall of famers that made very little impact in the final two years of their career that were the main reason for that record. Get the hell out of here

Quick, who was the CFL record setting, All Star WR Iast season? A guy barely hanging on in Buffalo after getting released in preseason.  CFL HOFers aren’t even the American equivalent of a college All-American. More closely associated with Top 25 High School recruits.

SIMMER TF DOWN!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/3/2019 at 6:13 PM, brianthomas said:

I still have 5 unopened boxes of Flutie Flakes from back in the day. And a box of Kelly Krunch & 2 boxes of Terrell Owens wheaties lol

Why i have no idea. Just never opened them & as time went on it became something ive owned for years

Ha Ha 

I had my 20 year old box of Flutie flakes displayed on top of my refridgerator. Last year my 95 year old mother in law came to town for a visit. I awoke the first morning and asked her what she would like for breakfast. She replied that she had already had a bowl of cereal...

You guessed it - she had Flutie Flakes ( SAID THEY WERE GOOD) we all had to work very hard not to react or let on what they were. OMG

She had no I'll effects...

"Hey Mikey..."

• Haha (+1) 1