Wegman’s re-launching Flutie Flakes for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

This is lame.... Why can’t they release something new like Allen Krispies or Count Turnovers.   Wow we really need a twenty year commemoration of a product to celebrate a guy who never won anything for us. When does the Drew Bledsoe-much ketchup come out?  

I know it’s a Buffalo thing but it’s Cheezy. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's a freaking hall of famer in the CFL. He was a 6 time MVP and 3 time Grey Cup winner. He is considered in Canada to be the greatest CFL player of all time. Are you an idiot? He didn't only win in 99 because he had a number 1 defense bailing him out. The same number 1 defense we had in 98 when Johnson started 0-3. The same defense we had minus Bruce Smith for the most part in 2000 which is the same season Rob Johnson only won 4 of 11 starts and Flutie went 4-1. It completely derails your argument. If your gonna say that it was the defense bailing him out then the same would stand for Johnson. However, Johnson was a terrible QB so it didn't matter what kind of defense he had. And to say that in that 3 year period that Flutie was never better than Fitzpatrick is insulting. Flutie could have won us a Super Bowl. Fitzpatrick never would have accomplished that. You seem to me to be just a stats guy and not looking at the bigger picture. Flutie in that 3 year span, especially in 98 and 2000 were much better than Fitzpatrick has ever been at any point in his career. If you just remember watching him in the games he made Bills games the most exciting of any Bills QB until Josh Allen came along. I can't think of any QB since Flutie that ever kept me on the edge of my seat like he did. I seriously can't believe he has to be defended to this degree. 23-9 as a starter but it was a number 1 defense and hall of famers that made very little impact in the final two years of their career that were the main reason for that record. Get the hell out of here

How could Flutie win us a Super Bowl if he couldn't win us a 1st Round playoff game against Miami? Oh I know it wasn't his fault yet all his wins were because of HIM. Sorry not buying it. Flutie was a game manager QB in 1999 plain and simple. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

Ha Ha 

I had my 20 year old box of Flutie flakes displayed on top of my refridgerator. Last year my 95 year old mother in law came to town for a visit. I awoke the first morning and asked her what she would like for breakfast. She replied that she had already had a bowl of cereal...

You guessed it - she had Flutie Flakes ( SAID THEY WERE GOOD) we all had to work very hard not to react or let on what they were. OMG

She had no I'll effects...

"Hey Mikey..."

haha. Thats funny & horrible all at the same time! 

We have ours in the dining room, on top this bookshelf type thing with all sorts of other sports memorabilia so that kinda thing wont happen.

But yeah i think they'd still be ok to eat. The flakes themselves would probably just be smaller or more shriveled up & stale. But i wouldnt think they'd be moldy or anything like that.

Still stinks that your box was opened... by your mother in law no less. Figures haha.

22 hours ago, Locomark said:

This is lame.... Why can’t they release something new like Allen Krispies or Count Turnovers.   Wow we really need a twenty year commemoration of a product to celebrate a guy who never won anything for us. When does the Drew Bledsoe-much ketchup come out?  

I know it’s a Buffalo thing but it’s Cheezy. 

Respectfully, and as the father of a special needs child, I am completely fine with this.

2 hours ago, MassHog said:

that is the WORST take of all time. 

They purposely don’t hire full time to avoid the health insurance requirement. They’re all about profit and not about morals. 

(search Whole Foods in Pittsford)

Please boycott a store like this. There are much better options out there.  

Edited by Kiva

Virginia Beach held the title of southernmost Wegmans location until the Raleigh NC store opened this September. Having grown up in Rochester, was nice to see quite a few Bills logos in the crowd when it opened. It’s a little too far from me to shop at regularly, but their prices weren’t outrageous as I keep hearing. This from someone who refuses to pay $8 for a small jar of peanut butter at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. Maybe It’s just the differences in taxes or interstate whatnot.

4 hours ago, Kiva said:

They purposely don’t hire full time to avoid the health insurance requirement. They’re all about profit and not about morals. 

(search Whole Foods in Pittsford)

Please boycott a store like this. There are much better options out there.  

Isn't it always at the top of the best places to work for lists? Since like the 90s too I believe.