Wegman’s re-launching Flutie Flakes for Ravens game

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, brianthomas said:

I still have 5 unopened boxes of Flutie Flakes from back in the day. And a box of Kelly Krunch & 2 boxes of Terrell Owens wheaties lol

Why i have no idea. Just never opened them & as time went on it became something ive owned for years

Same with me - I got two boxes somewhere in my house

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again sir Flutie did not suck. He won comeback of the player year award his first year in Buffalo. And we had more than a great defense we still had Andre Reed and a decent running game with Thurman and Smith

During the 99 season prior to the benching, he had accumulated 19 TD's and 16 picks through 15 games. Threw for about 200 YPG, did nothing on the ground, and completed 55 percent of his passes. AMAZING player! Can't believe a team would bench a guy with this type of "magical" season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

During the 99 season prior to the benching, he had accumulated 19 TD's and 16 picks through 15 games. Threw for about 200 YPG, did nothing on the ground, and completed 55 percent of his passes. AMAZING player! Can't believe a team would bench a guy with this type of "magical" season.

And who did you think would’ve been the better QB for this team at that time? Flutie was the best we had and while not a better passer than Kelly he was for sure a better athlete 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not really. I thought he had potential, but it was obvious he didn't have the pocket presence to be an NFL QB.

If the question is Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie, my answer is neither. 

That number 1 defense lead by Ted Washington was amazing and the only thing worth remembering from the late 90's era. Flutie and Johnson BOTH sucked.

Exactly.  Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson were both on the starting end of a long string of terrible QBs.  No better way to memorialize this than "Flutie Flakes"

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Let's not forget that he had an awful game vs Ravens in '99 and only Banks ineptitude saved the game for the Bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

i had an original box of Flutie Flakes in my pantry for years, kinda forgot about them til my 12 year old step daughter (not realizing what they were), opened them up poured a bowl and took a bite. 

And? What was her reaction? 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not really. I thought he had potential, but it was obvious he didn't have the pocket presence to be an NFL QB.

If the question is Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie, my answer is neither. 

That number 1 defense lead by Ted Washington was amazing and the only thing worth remembering from the late 90's era. Flutie and Johnson BOTH sucked.

I enjoyed flutie but you are correct in that the Defense was disgustingly good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You sound like Rob Johnson's only fan...

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s the “legend of the game” on Sunday 

I dislike this guy is in any way associated with the Bills.

He was the ominous beginning of a 2 decade decline in the franchise from a championship competitor to an impotent marketing dog and pony show with poor locker room culture and inferior talent at every position; especially his. 

And if that’s not bad enough, he is considered some kind of superstar god in New England 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Again sir Flutie did not suck. He won comeback of the player year award his first year in Buffalo. And we had more than a great defense we still had Andre Reed and a decent running game with Thurman and Smith

The 1999 version of Flutie sucked. 

• Thank you (+1) 1