Ron Rivera fired

Buffalo Boy

I would not mind if the Bills brought him in - not as a coach, but more as a film review - self scouting type front office addition for the rest of the year.

I think it would be nice to have legitimate coaching eyes on the film looking for tendencies that the Bills have both offensively and defensively.  He could provide some valuable feedback on how other teams are seeing the Bills and maybe when to break a tendency to create a big play.

I also think he could do some of that down at his home and help provide another trusted voice for this team to grow.

My only fear of bringing him in would be if he gets a job offer next year would he poach staff.

17 hours ago, GG said:

Don't know if you're serious, but yes we did.

Not sure we "passed on him," we could have taken him at 10, but that seemed high.  We traded back, and both he and Mahomes went before our pick (that turned into White).  Perhaps we thought he'd fall to use when we took White.  

I think I'd rather have Allen than Watson, IMO.  Would be interesting to see Allen with Watson's weapons, although Watson has a sieve for an offensive line.  

Some good young QB's in the AFC! 

Giants seem too perfect a fit for me, I'd put money on that one. They have a new QB in his first year under Mike Shula. Mike Shula was Ron's QB coach (brought in BY Ron his first year), then his O coordinator, in Carolina. Was with him for 7 years.

If they hire Rivera, he's already shown he can work with the GM in Carolina, and he can keep Shula as O coordinator and keep Daniel Jones on track. It's almost too perfect.

Shurmur is already gone. He should just pack.