Ron Rivera fired

Buffalo Boy

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rivera is a meathead HC.  A nice, well mannered meathead but a meathead.

Pretty amazing that he lasted that long but having a franchise QB with MVP potential will take you a long way.

As I was watching their Redskins debacle unfold it occurred to me that this was probably the NFL's next tear down.

Keuchly,  Addison(shorter contract term Shaq replacement), McCoy(shorter contract term Phillips replacement)..........all guys I could see being Bills targets this offseason.

CB James Bradberry is an ufa. Drafted in MCD's last year. RT Daryl Williams is an ufa too. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And I totally agree with that. Have said it on here many times. Leadership is the number 1 thing I look for in a HC candidate, way above Xs and Os. But someone has to be doing that stuff and there was none of it on display in that programme the whole series. Contrast it with Hard Knocks this year and I saw and heard Gruden and his staff correcting and coaching. 

Knock on wood if you’re with him!

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how could so many "not see this coming"?

Rowboat Ron has been a fraud for years.  Newton took him as far as he could.

This was long overdue.

Rowboat.?

I can see the back page of The Post now:

"Rudderless!  River-Dope Ron fired as Big Blue garbage barge sinks to new low"

The NY media would have a field day with him and his nickname.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Rowboat.?

I can see the back page of The Post now:

"Rudderless!  River-Dope Ron fired as Big Blue garbage barge sinks to new low"

The NY media would have a field day with him and his nickname.

That's right.

And you are correct--stone cold bum. So that means Grand Theft Haslam will skim a ton more trucker gas discounts to bring Slow Ron for his 1 year in Cleveland before oblivion.

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Firing the guy was a mistake IMHO. He will have a job asap.

This firing is the first of many too.

Miami

Jets

Cleveland

Cincy

Jacksonville

Denver

Chargers

Giants

Redskins

Detroit

Atlanta

all could be looking at hiring a new HC.

oops, forgot about da cowpies! Anything less then anything but a big run in the playoffs and Jason Garrett is a gonner. 

If Cam Newton stays healthy last year and this year then he's still employed.  He'll get a head coaching shot elsewhere.  Four out of nine playoff appearances and a Superbowl appearance.  Two time coach of the year.  Browns seem like a prime candidate.

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how could so many "not see this coming"?

Rowboat Ron has been a fraud for years.  Newton took him as far as he could.

This was long overdue.

Exactly.  Rivera was on everybody’s “hot seat” list before the season.

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Firing the guy was a mistake IMHO. He will have a job asap.

This firing is the first of many too.

Miami  Can’t see them dumping Flores already in midst of a tank. But these are the 21st century Dolphins

Jets

Cleveland.  Kitchens reminds me of Larry the Cable Guy

Cincy.  After keeping Marvin Lewis for so long, can’t see them dumping Taylor already.

Jacksonville.     Bye Saint Doug!

Denver.       Not likely to dump another head coach after only one season

Chargers.   Not Anthony Lynn!  He led them to the playoffs last season.

Giants

Redskins

Detroit.   Rumors are that Patricia could be gone

Atlanta

all could be looking at hiring a new HC.

Don’t agree with some.

2 hours ago, eee1776 said:

Question is this. does McD have a 3 year contract or 5 years. Talk on Charlotte Radio saying McD could come back to Charlotte, might be wishful thinking though/

it’s a 5 year deal.  He can’t go anywhere unless the Bills fire him.  It would be a dumb move for McDermott who has a lot of power, clout and respect around OBD

On another note, Perry Fewell will be the new interim head coach of the Panthers.

Funny thing is the 2015 Carolina Panthers were 15-1 and went to the SB...

So many of those coaching changes I suggested will depend on how those teams finish the season.examples,

Miami 3-9 with Jets, Giants, Bengals, Pats. winning most of them and the HC might just keep his job. 

NY Jets 4-8 with Miami, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Bills. Only 5 wins in 2019 might get Gase fired. 

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I love you:worthy:?:wub:

Add in McCaffrey for me as well please... I'm trying to be a good boy so I won't say any dirty jokes

4 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

On another note, Perry Fewell will be the new interim head coach of the Panthers.

So many of those coaching changes I suggested will depend on how those teams finish the season.examples,

Miami 3-9 with Jets, Giants, Bengals, Pats. winning most of them and the HC might just keep his job. 

NY Jets 4-8 with Miami, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Bills. Only 5 wins in 2019 might get Gase fired. 

I hope the Jets keep Gase and Browns keep Kitchens???

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Flores is keeping his job in Miami even if they lose out. That has been a pretty well coached football team since about week 4. They are just severely under talented - and that is at least partly by design. He is going to get at least a couple of years to turn it around. 

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Brissett has been pretty good this year. If they had a real Kicker, they'd be 8-4/9-3.

He's been average to below-average. Certainly not good enough that I'd consider my search for a franchise QB to be over. But with him locked up for another year, I'd probably be looking to draft a QB rather than sign someone like Cam.

• Like (+1) 1