Ron Rivera fired

Buffalo Boy

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don't think he's lived up to expectations in Ann Arbor and his ego has gotten out of control.  That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if some NFL team hired him.  Maybe the Jets...  

He's 47-17 in his time there.......... I dont think they previous 2 coaches had that many wins combined.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers went young with Kevin Stefanski from Minne or Saleh from 49ers

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That’s a classless move. Wait till after the season is over.

Rivera is a great coach and better person. Gained a lot of respect for him after watching the Amazon series on the Panthers.

What is your definition of great?  In 9 seasons:

No Super Bowl wins.

76-63-1 regular season record

3-4 playoff record

3 Divisoon titles

He is a good, not great coach.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

What is your definition of great?  In 9 seasons:

No Super Bowl wins.

76-63-1 regular season record

3-4 playoff record

3 Divisoon titles

He is a good, not great coach.

Now I'm not saying that I'd rather have him than what we have, but.....

I think a lot of Bills fans would have enjoyed that kind of success for nine years.

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kuechly as the Mike, put Milano and Edmunds on the outside. Wow!

But Kuechly has made has living as a WILL.

Why make an All-Pro WILL linebacker change positions? And why ask him to do it in order to unseat a guy who is ALREADY playing well at MIKE for Buffalo? And what about the fact that your SAM usually comes off the field for about 40% of plays? And why would Kuechly choose Buffalo -- a team who, in your scenario, wants him to change positions -- over other teams that would let him play his natural position? 

So many questions.

Edited by Logic

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that is hilarious.?

Even if he wanted to move back to Carolina for some reason..........he's been graced to have survived passing on Mahomes and Watson and still getting another good chance at a Josh Allen 12 months later......he would be pretty stupid to press his luck and go back to square one again.

Not sure I'd want to work for Tepper either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tepper

he told an interviewer in 2010 that sometimes, “if someone is an #######, like a waiter at a restaurant, I think, I could just buy this place and fire that guy.”[4] According to the Post, he “paid $43.5 million for the beachfront mansion of a former Goldman Sachs supervisor who had passed him over for promotion. Then he had the house demolished.”[28] He then built a house nearly twice as big on the same property.[46] He had bought the property from the ex-wife of his former boss.[47]

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Me either. It would really stunt his development, in my opinion.

I just have to hope that Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, being notoriously meticulous and well-prepared guys, have got a short list of OC replacements on hand, and that whoever they choose in this hypothetical scenario keeps things as similar as possible to Daboll's scheme.

I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself with all of this, but it IS one of the risks of having a head coach whose pedigree is defense. Having one's DEFENSIVE coordinator hired away isn't as big of a deal. Having to make wholesale changes to OFFENSIVE systems, though? Not so easy.

Same risk if the HC is a offensive guy...

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I hope Beane and McDermott don't have a out in their contract to go back to Carolina.

Do you really believe the Pegula's would agree to something so dumb after the Marrone fiasco? 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not sure I'd want to work for Tepper either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tepper

he told an interviewer in 2010 that sometimes, “if someone is an #######, like a waiter at a restaurant, I think, I could just buy this place and fire that guy.”[4] According to the Post, he “paid $43.5 million for the beachfront mansion of a former Goldman Sachs supervisor who had passed him over for promotion. Then he had the house demolished.”[28] He then built a house nearly twice as big on the same property.[46] He had bought the property from the ex-wife of his former boss.[47]

Tepper made his fortune as a vulture/distressed investor.  It takes a special type of character to do that job.  In all my years of working, these guys were the biggest a-holes.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Did not see this coming.  Weird timing too.  They couldn't wait 4 more games?

It gives Perry a chance like it did for Anthony Lynn to show what he can do to improve team.

Lynn had been interviewed before but I am sure his interim HC work factored into his hiring and gave him 1st hand experience.

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He's 47-17 in his time there.......... I dont think they previous 2 coaches had that many wins combined.

The previous two Michigan coaches were bad.  Harbaugh has lost at least three games each of his five seasons in Ann Arbor.  The expectation when he was hired was that the Wolverines were going to compete toe-to-toe with Ohio State, against whom he's now 0-5.  He's fallen well short of that expectation.  

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Well, he is locked up for 2 more years. Is this where we go off on whether or not Tremaine could play OLB in this situation? 

But yes, I would jump at that. 

Absolutely.  Edmunds is slowly improving as Mike but would be awesome as Sam. Shutdown coverage on TEs.  Kuechly might be the best Mike in the NFL and he's not old.  He is also a good fit for the process.  If Carolina figures it's rebuild time and dumps Newton to move to the next guy, Kuechly might be available.  Depends on whether Carolina sees itself as a good draft away from returning to contention, or if a full tear-down is needed.