Would you take Sammy Watkins if he's available next year?

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's played for Sean McVay and Andy Reid but who would have thought his best years would be in the ground and pound Rex Ryan offense with Bills?  

Maybe he reunites with Greg Roman in Baltimore. 

Edit — Now that I'm thinking of Roman, I wonder if Tyrod could return to Baltimore as QB2 next season if he doesn't get a shot with LAC or if Lynn is fired. Ravens currently have RG3 at QB2 which, I would not want Griffin to play for any amount of time were Jackson to miss any games. Imagine this, Roman coached Kaep to a Super Bowl... if he were to land with any NFL team, why not Baltimore? 

Edited by GregPersons

I always thought Watkins was super-talented, that 1000 yard year he had with Tyrod wasn't too shabby. That said, I think he's just a lazy guy who doesn't put the work in like you need to for true greatness.

I'd say with all his injuries and the lack of production in one of the best offenses in the league it's a hard pass!!

I am still crying and ashamed that we gave up 2 first round picks for him... Honestly that sort of sealed whaley and co's fate if you ask me.

No. Need healthy WRs and hes not great anyway.

14 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't think McDermott wants Watkins anywhere near the Bills.

I think that McDermott got one whiff of Watkins and his "I'm a four dimensional lizard god and we're all a homogenous field of vibrating energy" schtick and said "Nooooope" and promptly traded him away.

As just a player? Sure. But I don't think his personality/mindset fits what Buffalo's got going on right now.

???

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, unless he agreed to a Percy Harvin contract. He's an injured mess. I can't see him rebooting his career.

No on Watkins.  Percy w Bills is a good comparison.

Just like Harvin, he cant stay healthy on the field.  The problem isn’t the contract.  The problem is wasting a spot on the 53 man roster for a guy who you never know will be ready week to week.

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I am still crying and ashamed that we gave up 2 first round picks for him... Honestly that sort of sealed whaley and co's fate if you ask me.

2 - 1 = 1

Bills gave up 2 and got one back (the one they used on Watkins). Net: They gave up 1 first round pick. 

Your point is still 100% valid. Total waste. If you give up a #1, your job is on the line if he doesn't work out.

To be fair, he was the best decoy ever!

• Like (+1) 1