Would you take Sammy Watkins if he's available next year?

35 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There are two separate, but equally crazy things about Sammy:

1. How little he has done, and what he hasnt turned into, given the pedigree with which he came into the NFL
  2. How much that dude has gotten PAID. $54M over his career so far. Mostly from the Chiefs. For doing nothing for them.

So he’s basically Sam Bradford of WR’s.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So he’s basically Sam Bradford of WR’s.

Good comparison.  I didn't like the trade at the time. I won't go back on my criticism now. The trade made the Bills worse and it took two years to rebuild the WR group.

He just can't stay healthy.  He is still young and may have a few good seasons left. However, if Im going to take a chance on a older injured WR Im going with AJ Green.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good comparison.  I didn't like the trade at the time. I won't go back on my criticism now. The trade made the Bills worse and it took two years to rebuild the WR group.

He just can't stay healthy.  He is still young and may have a few good seasons left. However, if Im going to take a chance on a older injured WR Im going with AJ Green.

When healthy, like the 15 games he played with the Rams....only had 39 catches.

He’s just not a productive WR.  

The trade did not make the Bills worse.  He was going to command a lot of money to keep.  Doesn’t make any sense to pay a guy who is not team first, often injured and not a lot of production.  So instead of having him walk for free, we got something for him.  It was a good move by Beane.

So was getting rid of Dareus, Darby and Ragland.  
Dareus was an unmotivated player on a $96 million dollar contract who was now one dimensional.

Ragland is a part time player.

Darby has been inconsistent and the Eagles secondary has been getting torched all year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Image result for MR Glass

Mr. Glass has been paid enough for his potential. Why would we not develop our own WRs that have more of a chance of suiting up each week.

Not sure why the Watkins obsession from some folks here. It is not like I did not like the dude, it was that he just could not stay healthy.

Edited by WideNine

On 12/3/2019 at 1:53 PM, SF Bills Fan said:

I think the Bills got rid of him because he wasn't a cultural fit and I doubt that has changed. The Bills are probably only going to entertain getting guys like Beasly and Brown that fit some profile/formula only Beane and McDermott know and are 100% on board with team first. 

I think the Bills got rid of him because his contract was expiring and they needed draft capital to ensure they got a QB in the draft.