Would you take Sammy Watkins if he's available next year?

.....the TBD collegiate ball experts say the WR Class is the "best in years"......if OBD didn't gamble on his 5th year due to potentially suspect health, why would you now take a chance four years later versus draft?.....he has yet to have >600 yds in a season since leaving....

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

His career with KC has been a disappointment.  He's making good money, they just extended Hill and will have other big contracts coming up.  They also need to put some money towards the defense.  They are projected to be 25th in salary cap room next year.  

Watkins looks like he may not make it to 2020 with the Chiefs and will be a FA.

Here's an interesting sub topic conversation in this thread....is Sammy Watkins a bust?  Since he left Buffalo, his numbers have declined.  In the last 3 years, he's averaging about 40 catches a year, 550 yards receiving and 5 TD catches.  He was the #4 overall pick, played in the two most high powered passing offenses....

https://kckingdom.com/2019/10/23/kc-chiefs-salary-cap-crunch-lead-tough-decisions-offseason/

The most obvious opportunity to create cap space is the oft injured receiver Sammy Watkins. His contract calls for him to have a $21 million cap number with $7 million guaranteed, so a release will generate for the Chiefs $14 million in cap space.

Considering the number of games Watkins has missed since he arrived in Kansas City for the 2018 season, it’s hard to imagine, under any circumstance him returning after the 2019 season concludes.

I think the first sentence says it ALL Royale

Robert Woods is still in LA because he played better than Sammy and at his price tag ... 

so ... Hell to the No!!! 

I just don't think he fits here. If he is targeted like a #1 then he puts up #1 WR type numbers, as he did in Buffalo when targeted as such and that was discussed many times over. He burned that bridge with McDermott quickly and I just can't see us bringing him back.