Ravens @ Bills ****Predict the score****

It's not going to be a blow out for either side, both are well coached teams, disciplined, and hungry.

I think unlike in previous few weeks, McD doesn't allow the vanilla defense on the first Baltimore drive, and instead goes all in on stopping their inside run game, staying aggressive on early downs forcing LJ into passing on 2nd, 3rd down.  That I think is the plan or hope going in.  We actually match up pretty well with them on defense, and on offense I think we have the edge in running the ball off tackle with motor.  The key is getting up early, and getting inside LJ head with run blitzes and blitzes from the outside corner position.  Key, outside corner, NOT slot corner or safety.  If we blitz with any inside guys LJ and or Ingram will eat our lunch.  Why from the outside you ask?  Because, from what I've seen, and only on rare occasions where LJ has time, he almost never looks outside on his reads and his instinct is to look downfield ahead of his eyes.  This is his kryptonite, IMO.  Teams thus far, AKA the 9ers, didn't blitz much, but when they did it was double A-Gap or safeties all coming up the middle, which, I can understand as the Ravens strength is running inside, so the thought process would be to blitz on your way to the QB or RB.

I don't think this is the correct approach.  I think the safety we keep back takes on the role of cover for the blitzing DB in a well disguised scheme.  The whole idea is to make LJ act fast, but make his options limited to on side of the field by clogging up the center in some zone, and man on the opposite side of the blitzing DB.  I think if their WR line up anywhere near the LOS, this should be taught as automatics to blitz from that side closest to the OT.  Have a hand signal to the deeper safety that this is your cue to go, and make sure he's on the same page.

You can blitz the Ravens, but NOT on 1st down, and if you want some modicum of success, the Blitzer has to be coming from the outside.

If the Bills can accomplish this, we win 28 - 16.

oh, and one other thing, I'd try some DLine combinations in practice this week that have a focus on clogging up the middle allowing our LB's free to spot the rusher, or QB.  Maybe 5 linemen at times, maybe 3, keep them guessing.

Having plan A, and a Plan B, should include a Plan C and Plan D or maybe even E, F G.  :)

Go Bills!

Tim-

• Like (+1) 2