Ravens @ Bills ****Predict the score****

52 minutes ago, LJs Bodyguard said:

Hey, we both feel great about our teams. Here's to a great game come Sunday, and wouldn't it be cool if this is the start of a rivalry like Brady/Manning for the next decade or so?

I DO get the feeling that we'll be seeing Allen vs Jackson for years and years to come. Throw in Mahomes, Mayfield, and Darnold, and we're looking at a really exciting AFC over the next decade.

1 hour ago, LJs Bodyguard said:

Hey, we both feel great about our teams. Here's to a great game come Sunday, and wouldn't it be cool if this is the start of a rivalry like Brady/Manning for the next decade or so?

I will give you this.  Overall, I think the Ravens are in different place than the Bills as far as development goes. 

Ravens had a winning record and a playoff game last year.   They've been a good team for a long time, a winning team with playoffs 7 of the 12 years Harbaugh has coached.  The culture was there, the organization was strong.  Harbaugh is ruthless when he needs to be.  QB who won a Superbowl for me but no longer producing?  GROH.  Ruthless.

We were 6-10 last year and, having been mired in mediocrity for those famous 17 years before our 2017 playoff appearance, McDermott has been tearing the thing down and building it back up trying to change the culture and the organization.  We can be a very very good team, but there's still an element of growing pains and "which team shows up?" for us. 

Our defense has been top notch most of the season, with a bit of a lapse after we lost our best DT for the season and needed to adjust, then one of our best LB was injured and had a couple rough games coming back.  The offense has been more questionable, but we feel we had a significant breakthrough 3 games ago when we changed some things up.  Will they stick with that, or come up with a new wrinkle?  Don't know.

Let me point out an example of just how good our defense can be.  Game 4 vs. the Patriots.  In their first three games, the Pats had "kicked butt and named names", winning by a combined score of 106-17. 

Against the Pats, Allen had a horrible, no-good, very bad day.  Maybe his worst day as a pro.  We had 4 INTs (3 on Allen) and two fumbles which were recovered.  We had a blocked punt returned for 6.  We had a missed FG.

Just read that, and predict the score.  Patriots.  4 INTs, a blocked punt-6, and 2 fumbles.  Previous 3 games, 106-17.

The score was 10-16, and we were driving early in the 4th Q when the Patriots, in the opinion of most here, head-hunted Allen on a run where he was already tackled and knocked him out (literally).    We stalled on the NWE 3 yd line and arguably, if we'd gone for 3 there we were in position to have sent the game to OT on the last drive but I liked the decision to go for it, we just need to execute.  (We got rid of our high draft pick hoped-for WR after that game.  Sold him to Oakland for a bag of used tube socks, and with no clear player to replace him either.)

That's what our defense can do on a good day: shut down a team that beat its previous 3 opponents by an average of 30 net points, ON A DAY WHEN WE GIFT THEM A BLOCKED PUNT, 4 INTs, and a missed FG from 49 yards.  In the end the points off that blocked punt were the difference in the game, or the missed FG and passing on another chance (which was the right call probably). 

So do I think, on a good day with everyone executing we can maybe not shut you down, but limit you sufficiently?  Damn Straight I do.

The obvious thing to be most concerned about with the Ravens is ST.  Our ST has been a weakness this year.  Blocked punt, return for a TD, 71% FGM, 1-5 past 50 yds. 

Harbaugh came up as an ST coach and your ST just doesn't make mistakes.  Clear advantage, Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills 27

Ravens 20

i see the Bills offense continuing to be able to score. I see the D making a couple field turning plays.  I'm going with a 7 point game, but, in realty,  I'm feeling that the Bills will win by more.  Everyone is rightfully giving the Ravens offense respect, but the Ravens are due for an off day and the Bills are just starting to get hot.  That's a combo for a comfortable win.

Edited by purple haze

9 hours ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

The main difference is with our defensive improvement down the stretch are that we’ve done it against Teams like Seattle, New England, Houston, LA and San Fran while you guys have against the Reskins, Browns, Dolphins, Broncos and Cowboys. Any given Sunday though....

Why would you leave out our game against the Pats?  We held them to 1 TD and 1 FG. Their other score came off a blocked punt.  Brady was 18/39 150 yards no tds 1 int.  All that while gifting them, 4 turnovers.  Our D was lights out that game. You also left out the Titans.  I mean if you are going to list games and only lists games against "weak teams" then that detracts from your point.  Also the Cowboys.  They may not be winning games but they have one of the best passing offenses in the league so.....

I get your point.  I also believe your defense is good.  Why can't we both have good defenses?

Edited by Scott7975

Buffalo's defense has been very good all year.  There is really no arguing that. The offense had some stinkers early in the season but overall have shown steady improvement. The last 3 games it has really been heating up. Josh Allen is showing signs of improvement right along with the offense.  They are clicking. Ravens are going to be surprised.

On defense, the Bills have been very good but somewhat conservative in their play calling.  That too has changed in recent weeks. More blitzes have been called. The Dline has been getting in on the fun and they have been forcing more turnovers.

Something changed after the loss to the Browns on both sides of the ball. I think the coach realized that his conservative style has been holding the boys back and has recently let go of the reigns to allow them to play "free". I am getting the impression that this team is just scratching the surface discovering how good they can be. We have seen steady improvement all year. Heres to continuing the trend.

Bills 27

Ravens 24

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

24-19.  Late TD and failed 2 point conversion.  Bill's out play Ravens, excuses come out of the woodwork for Lamar and Ravens.  

The Bills are very good at exposing teams... and when they are on, they can be relentless and stubborn. Bills win a close one.

4 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

Ravens 28 Bills 20 and an abrupt end to the current euphoria.

TBH if we lose by essentially 1 score, unless it's a final "consolation TD" and the game isn't that close....I don't think there will be a general melt-down

The general melt-down will occur if we undergo a butt whupping or if Allen appears to regress

• Like (+1) 2