Ravens @ Bills ****Predict the score****

23 hours ago, LJs Bodyguard said:

I'm going by how they have played since the Marcus Peters trade. That defense has gone through a lot of personnel changes since that Cleveland debacle. 2 new Middle Linebackers, 2 new Defensive Lineman, 1 new DE, a different starting safety, and Jimmy Smith coming back from injury.

OK.  The Bills do NOT claim to have a "completely different offense" in the 2nd half of the season.

So let's look at your claim.  Peters played in the Seattle game, so last 6 games.  By so asserting, you're asking us to edit all poor the Ravens have had. 

Since then, Ravens D has given up 13 ppg, 18 1st downs/game, 297 ypg, 188 pass ypg, 109 rush ypg, 2 TO per game

All season long, including all "stinker" games, Bills D has given up 16 ppg, 18 1st downs/game, 300 ypg, 196 pass ypg, 104 rush ypg, 1.3 TO per game.

So your specially selected subset of games (editing out bad games) vs our entire season looks darn equal to what the Bills have been doing all season. 

You really wanna hang your hat on 8 passing ypg more and 5 rush ypg less?  1 FG per game less points? 

You have a very good defense.

So do we.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Justin Tucker does not miss FGs, Hauschka does. I hope this isn't the thing that costs us the game

You have hit upon my fear. 

Also, that the Ravens ST unit simply does not make miscues.  Our ST unit has given up a blocked punt for a TD and a TD on a return. 

The latter didn't hurt us, the former wound up being the point-difference at the end of the Pats game, and of course we have a game with 2 missed FG that was decided by 3 points.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So I have never placed a bet before

if I got 6.5 points....that means as long as the bills dont lose by more then that I win?

correct. if you take them to cover at +6.5.... or you could take them on the moneyline to just win as dogs straight up and the payout is better

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK.  The Bills do NOT claim to have a "completely different offense" in the 2nd half of the season.

So let's look at your claim.  Peters played in the Seattle game, so last 6 games.  By so asserting, you're asking us to edit all poor the Ravens have had. 

Since then, Ravens D has given up 13 ppg, 18 1st downs/game, 297 ypg, 188 pass ypg, 109 rush ypg, 2 TO per game

All season long, including all "stinker" games, Bills D has given up 16 ppg, 18 1st downs/game, 300 ypg, 196 pass ypg, 104 rush ypg, 1.3 TO per game.

So your specially selected subset of games (editing out bad games) vs our entire season looks darn equal to what the Bills have been doing all season. 

You really wanna hang your hat on 8 passing ypg more and 5 rush ypg less?  1 FG per game less points? 

You have a very good defense.

So do we.

I "think" what he was saying, is that the Ravens defense underwent a lot of changes after the injury to Jefferson and the loss to Cleveland. I think the FO realized they were trying to place square pegs into round holes which resulted in subpar defensive play. Since the changes to the defense, the Ravens have undeniably played better on the field -and- most importantly communicated more effectively. If you consider the capabilities and quality of the opponents the Ravens ran through, not including the 49'ers because that game really could have went either way, I can understand where many fans can point to a timeframe in the season where "improvements" occurred, regardless of anyones opinion on this board. And I will say that Mr. Bodyguard is echoing the same sentiments many other Ravens fans are stating regarding the improvement of this teams defensive play, and fans like myself and Mr. Bodyguard watch the games each and every week and know. And I actually watch *most* Bills games when I have the time ( reference my initial post in the Lamar thread). 

There are too many factors in play to really compare statistics including the quality of opponents, road/home games, injuries, and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line, I think Bills fans will see what the Ravens are all about come Sunday. And I am not taking anything away from the Bills because I have been following them for the last 10 years, but the level of competition between the two teams isn't as close as you may think. Again, for those not familiar with the Ravens team, folks will see come Sunday.  **And this is coming from someone who has no stakes in the game, nor do I work or play for the Ravens. I just watch both teams. 

Edited by InheritedBillsfan
spelling problems....

12 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

I "think" what he was saying, is that the Ravens defense underwent a lot of changes after the injury to Jefferson and the loss to Cleveland.

That's part of what he was saying, but the part to which I and another were responding was that the Ravens have the best secondary in the league.

'Logic' pointed out that statisically that is untrue - Ravens 13th, Bills 3rd.  To which his response was "yes, but different D since we traded for Peters, much better."

So I actually looked at the numbers, and you can make a case for that the last 6 games - in which case statistically it's about the same as the Bills have been all season.

12 minutes ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

Bottom line, I think Bills fans will see what the Ravens are all about come Sunday. And I am not taking anything away from the Bills because I have been following them for the last 10 years, but the level of competition between the two teams isn't as close as you may think.

You're right, we'll see.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

23-24 Bills

So Haushka hits it?

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's part of what he was saying, but the part to which I and another were responding was that the Ravens have the best secondary in the league.

'Logic' pointed out that statisically that is untrue - Ravens 13th, Bills 3rd.  To which his response was "yes, but different D since we traded for Peters, much better."

So I actually looked at the numbers, and you can make a case for that the last 6 games - in which case statistically it's about the same as the Bills have been all season.

You're right, we'll see.

So Haushka hits it?

I think the Ravens have one of the most talented secondaries in the league, but statistically they are not the best. I just think the defense as a whole is clicking well together through better communication since many of the changes occurred and the players who were failing were replaced. 

At least from my take, the Ravens aren't "the best" at any position other than perhaps their kicker and mobile/multi-threat quarterback.  I just think the parts all seem to be working together and the weaknesses of some seem to be disguised by strengths of others. For example pass rush. The Ravens statistcailly have a difficult time getting to the quarterback without blitzing. That's why they blitz so much. The only consistent pass rusher the Ravens have is Judon since McPhee went down for the season. Ferguson seems often overmatched and other than a blitzing LB'er or secondary player, there's not a whole lot of 4 man rushes that bring it home. 

Man, Haushka is frustrating to watch, and he was for the Ravens as well. He can play a span of several games where he seems to turn the corner, then comes out and plays like he did against the Cowboys. Hey, at least he isn't Billy Cundiff! Could be a lot worse. 

As for this game, I think it's quite obvious McDermott is going to come out looking to match the Ravens intensity and take their own physical game right back to them.  It's a matter of if the Ravens will come out prepared and ready to continue the same level of play they have been. If they're not, then they are going to be setup for a letdown. 

Edited by InheritedBillsfan

28-20 Bills....

I think the Bills are coming into their own, and are still very hungry and mean. 

The Ravens are a hot, team, driven by both a new breed of offense, but also by great athletes and execution. I dont believe it is a gimmicky system, and I feel Lamar is just the ultimate guy to execute this brand of ball. They are blowing teams out if the RPO sells and core sell aspects of the Offense line up, but they've also been in some tight games against bad teams. 

With 10 days to prepare for this offense, in hostile Buffalo, I like our chances.

- I love the talent of Bills 2nd level defenders. I like our corners to hold up in coverage. Our tackling and run D has occasionally been suspect, but we also lead the league in TFL, and getting this team in 3rd and long will be key.

- part of me just smells a Ravens stinker....they are just too good to be true in some ways, and Im not a total buyer. 

-sure as hell cant see them coming in here in dec and beating up this Bills team. Either way, it will be close.

-I like the offense chances to move the ball. I still feel this is a young beast waking....the best is yet to come.

-pray it doesnt come down to kicker....

11 hours ago, InheritedBillsfan said:

I "think" what he was saying, is that the Ravens defense underwent a lot of changes after the injury to Jefferson and the loss to Cleveland. I think the FO realized they were trying to place square pegs into round holes which resulted in subpar defensive play. Since the changes to the defense, the Ravens have undeniably played better on the field -and- most importantly communicated more effectively. If you consider the capabilities and quality of the opponents the Ravens ran through, not including the 49'ers because that game really could have went either way, I can understand where many fans can point to a timeframe in the season where "improvements" occurred, regardless of anyones opinion on this board. And I will say that Mr. Bodyguard is echoing the same sentiments many other Ravens fans are stating regarding the improvement of this teams defensive play, and fans like myself and Mr. Bodyguard watch the games each and every week and know. And I actually watch *most* Bills games when I have the time ( reference my initial post in the Lamar thread). 

There are too many factors in play to really compare statistics including the quality of opponents, road/home games, injuries, and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line, I think Bills fans will see what the Ravens are all about come Sunday. And I am not taking anything away from the Bills because I have been following them for the last 10 years, but the level of competition between the two teams isn't as close as you may think. Again, for those not familiar with the Ravens team, folks will see come Sunday.  **And this is coming from someone who has no stakes in the game, nor do I work or play for the Ravens. I just watch both teams. 

The main difference is with our defensive improvement down the stretch are that we’ve done it against Teams like Seattle, New England, Houston, LA and San Fran while you guys have against the Reskins, Browns, Dolphins, Broncos and Cowboys. Any given Sunday though....

2 hours ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

The main difference is with our defensive improvement down the stretch are that we’ve done it against Teams like Seattle, New England, Houston, LA and San Fran while you guys have against the Reskins, Browns, Dolphins, Broncos and Cowboys. Any given Sunday though....

You've already said that.  Several times.  Can only play the games on your schedule, just as we only play the games on ours.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You've already said that.  Several times.  Can only play the games on your schedule, just as we only play the games on ours.

Hey, we both feel great about our teams. Here's to a great game come Sunday, and wouldn't it be cool if this is the start of a rivalry like Brady/Manning for the next decade or so?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LJs Bodyguard said:

Hey, we both feel great about our teams. Here's to a great game come Sunday, and wouldn't it be cool if this is the start of a rivalry like Brady/Manning for the next decade or so?

As long as the Bills get the Brady end of that deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2