Ravens @ Bills ****Predict the score****

1 hour ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

You guys are delusional! Your schedule is the weakest I’ve seen in a long time. The only team you’ve beat with a winning record are the titans! Ravens come into your house and bring you guys back to earth. 35-14 Ravens

I get it you're talking smack, and it might be we don't have the hosses to stop ya.  We'll see on Sunday.

I'm hoping 1) Frank Gores ya indirectly - via some gouge on Roman's tendencies 2) directly too would be fine as he has been under-utilized in the short passing game.

But this "only team with a winning record is the Titans" rots my socks. 

When we played the Thumbtacks, they actually were not a winning team.  They were 2-2.  After we played them, they were a losing team, 2-3.  Now they're a winning team, 7-5

When we played the Cowboys, they actually WERE a winning team.  They were 6-5.  After we played them, they were tied, 6-6.  Maybe after Da Bears, they'll be winning again.

On the other hand, after we played the Eagles, they were a losing team, they were 3-4.  After we played them, they were tied 4-4, next week they were winning 5-4.

My point is

1) this SOS thing is a retrospective game really, and whoever those teams are, good or bad we had a part in making them that way

2) we can only play the teams they put in front of us

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get it you're talking smack, and it might be we don't have the hosses to stop ya.  We'll see on Sunday.

I'm hoping 1) Frank Gores ya indirectly - via some gouge on Roman's tendencies 2) directly too would be fine as he has been under-utilized in the short passing game.

But this "only team with a winning record is the Titans" rots my socks. 

When we played the Thumbtacks, they actually were not a winning team.  They were 2-2.  After we played them, they were a losing team, 2-3.  Now they're a winning team, 7-5

When we played the Cowboys, they actually WERE a winning team.  They were 6-5.  After we played them, they were tied, 6-6.  Maybe after Da Bears, they'll be winning again.

On the other hand, after we played the Eagles, they were a losing team, they were 3-4.  After we played them, they were tied 4-4, next week they were winning 5-4.

My point is

1) this SOS thing is a retrospective game really, and whoever those teams are, good or bad we had a part in making them that way

2) we can only play the teams they put in front of us

It's their only talking point that they can hang onto.

While we're at it, let's talk about Lamars performance last year in the playoffs? He really blew it away, didn't he!.

ahhh yes. Everything comes to an end.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously.  Thought a couple of "roughing" penalties called for LJax in the pocket vs. SF were really pretty ticky-tack and then Harbaugh about lost his cookies over a tackle that clearly started in bounds when LJax was clearly a runner.

Meanwhile JA about got his head taken off on a couple slides - SLIDES - and "mic'd up" vs the Cowboys said "don't hit the guy in the head, the refs just warned us", what BS is that?

Call a fair game, Zebras, that's all I ask.  Call it evenly.

I’m starting to worry about this. Allen is starting to get the Cam Newton treatment where nothing was called until he said something to the press. It’s basically a free pass to hit our QB, and short of Pegula calling out the officiating I’m not sure if it changes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

I’m just talking smack lol. I’ll be there on Sunday... making the trip up with a bunch of buddies.... don’t know what to expect

You can count on me waiting for you in the parking lot!

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m starting to worry about this. Allen is starting to get the Cam Newton treatment where nothing was called until he said something to the press. It’s basically a free pass to hit our QB, and short of Pegula calling out the officiating I’m not sure if it changes. 

Hopefully it is something that McDermott has put together a package on and taken to the league.

50 minutes ago, Plano said:

It's their only talking point that they can hang onto.

While we're at it, let's talk about Lamars performance last year in the playoffs? He really blew it away, didn't he!.

ahhh yes. Everything comes to an end.

I mean I think it’s a pretty good talking point to bring up... last year, was last year. Lamar has made an unbelievable progression from his rookie to sophomore year, so not sure how that’s relevant to this game vs you guys. Your schedule is the weakest in the NFL, no dancing around that. Expect a good game but I don’t see you guys beating us with the way we’ve been playing and the caliber of teams we’ve beaten. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

I mean I think it’s a pretty good talking point to bring up... last year, was last year. Lamar has made an unbelievable progression from his rookie to sophomore year, so not sure how that’s relevant to this game vs you guys. Your schedule is the weakest in the NFL, no dancing around that. Expect a good game but I don’t see you guys beating us with the way we’ve been playing and the caliber of teams we’ve beaten. 

Any given Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we didn't hand select our schedule, did we?

We beat the teams we were supposed to beat, and even dropped one to the lowly Browns, the same Browns that waxed Baltimores ass somehow.

It happens. The "easy schedule" means nothing.

Good luck on Sunday.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Any given Sunday. 

I agree, no argument there. NFL is a week by week league. Just hard not to be confident after the streak we’ve been on...

3 minutes ago, Plano said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but we didn't hand select our schedule, did we?

We beat the teams we were supposed to beat, and even dropped one to the lowly Browns, the same Browns that waxed Baltimores ass somehow.

It happens. The "easy schedule" means nothing.

Good luck on Sunday.

That was earlier in the year, with a completely different defense we had out there. All I’m saying is that I heard the same stuff from pats fans before we played them, and my argument was they had played nobody until us... and look what happened. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

I agree, no argument there. NFL is a week by week league. Just hard not to be confident after the streak we’ve been on...

That was earlier in the year, with a completely different defense we had out there. All I’m saying is that I heard the same stuff from pats fans before we played them, and my argument was they had played nobody until us... and look what happened. 

Few things:

-SOS is incredibly misleading. NE usually has a low SOS yearly because they beat the majority of the teams they play and that's the case for most teams with good records. That said I don't disagree Buffalo certainly has benefited from a schedule that is light with DAL and TEN being their only good wins in terms of W/L. I also agree the Ravens have ran the gauntlet and beat anyone good who they've run into.

-The Bills defense is not one to sleep on regardless of SOS. Since McD has taken over they have been top 10 or better all three years. The defense does not need to shut down Jackson just limit him enough for the offense to have a shot. That is the Bills best chance of victory though.

-While I do have the Bills winning I would expect the Ravens to win most of the time and will not be surprised at all if they win. Their a really great football team probably the best in the NFL. But like you said the NFL is a week by week league, the Bills are playing the best they have all year, and do not underlook the advantage of homefield for Buffalo. I was at the game against GB in 2014 when they stopped Rodgers. The more games you win in a row the larger the target comes for a team to want to knock you out.

-I am really excited to see Jackson. After this year I am sure he will have many more great years but it is really cool to see a dude in a year where the expectations are blown away. It's like seeing Mahomes last year. It is still really cool now but there is something to be said for seeing a guy when he is having that big moment.

-For the love of god do not let NE get the #1 seed in the post season. Even if we beat you Sunday don't mess this up we all are sick of them haha

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

just jumping into this convo. Welcome. 

No doubt we have had an "easy schedule". We cant control that. We can only win the games we play. Its the NFL, any team can win on any given day. We have mostly taken care of business and good teams do that. Have you guys had a harder schedule, ABSOLUTELY! Have you dominated most of that schedule, ABSOLUTELY! I have been super impressed by the offensive rushing attack. Scheme is great and plays to Lamars strengths. More NFL coordinators could learn from playing to their players strengths like Roman does. 

With that said, I give us about a 40% chance of winning, which is about the highest I would give any NFL Team right now against you guys. Gotta play a complete game in all three phases to beat the Ravens right now. 

How we can win: win the turnover and field position battle. Force Lamar into what he doesnt do well in the passing game by taking away the short stuff, and the middle stuff. I haven't really seen Lamar throw to the hashes at all, so make him prove he can do that. Stuff the middle of the field in both the rush and pass game. Thats the best chance at success. Easy to say, DIFFICULT to do. But thats gotta be the game plan. 

Id say good luck sunday but I dont mean that at all haha. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

How about the common opponent?  We dropped one to the Browns by 3 points on 2 missed FG. 

You played the Browns, I guess they would add to the caliber of teams you've beaten - score of 40-25, wasn't it?  Oh, waitaminnut.....nevah mind ?

Look, we have 4 common opponents to date - Dolphins (we beat 2x, you beat 1x), Bengals (we beat 1x, you beat 2x), Browns (beat both of us - us by 3 points, you by 15 points), and NE (you beat by 17 points, we lost by 6 after they knocked Allen out of the game ?).

So what this amounts to is you're hanging your hat on the remaining 6 teams we've played having a 43-28 record as opposed to a 27-45 record, and that is a fact.   It's also a fact that different divisions mean +/- 2 wins may not mean so much - are the 8-4 Texans a much better team than the 6-6 Cowboys?  The majority of that win disparity comes to playing the 10-2 Seahawks instead of the 2-10 Giants.  Now I'm absolutely certain you guys would have kicked sand in the face of the G-men.  Depends which team showed up, for us vs Seahawks.

But I like the way you think - I hope the Ravens players think JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

OH, now we're coming to something.  What was that "completely different defense" you had out there vs the Browns and Chiefs vs now?

I see a lot of the same names, so it's clearly not completely different.  How bout tell us why you feel Clark for Jefferson at SS and Peters for Car at CB makes such a difference?

And what about the churn in the LB corps?

56 minutes ago, LamarJackson2052 said:

don’t blame you for being confident. Your team is playing incredible football.