MMQB: Are The Bills For Real?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

The thing about the Dallas game...  For nearly 2 decades that's when the Bills would come out flat, lose in some spectacular fashion, and then we'd watch the wheels fall off the wagons for the rest of the season.   How many times have we seen the Bills get a few wins, have a good W/L record, finally get a little respect, and then go into a much hyped game... Only to blow it?   This time.. They didn't blow it.  They won convincingly.  On a National stage, on the road, against a good team... They did the least Billsy thing possible.  They kicked Dallas' ass and sent the team and coaches to the locker room crying and screaming.

There is a difference between a GEAT WIN and one that shows you are for real. Im sorry but there is no way beating a team that has yet to beat a winning team all year shows you are "for real." Despite what you say, the Cowboys are not a good team. They are average. Half their losses are at home. 0-5 against winning teams. You call that "good" ??

Lets just agree to disagree.

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I do think we are for real. Only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove this. What is so hard to understand about that concept?

Most of the NFL thought we were FRAUDS and thats the only reason why they are overreacting to this game. I had BIG MONEY on that Cowboys game. I FULLY expected to win. So once that happened, I felt great, we did it on a big stage, we won convincingly on the road. I was happy as the next fan. BUT THE JETS BEAT THIS SAME TEAM.   

Again, the one and only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove we are legit title contenders. Thats what FOR REAL means to me. It means we can go in and have a legit chance to beat any team on any given Sunday (not in the sense ANY team can beat ANY team but a real LEGIT chance not some flukey crap)

like... 5K big?

enquiring minds want to know....

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

like... 5K big?

that poor fellah.   

Gone but not forgotten 

I saw this earlier but didn't feel like starting a new thread 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/12/3/20991014/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-good-quarterback-stats-film-breakdown

So, is Josh Allen good now or what?

His accuracy was all over the place last year, when he completed a league-worst 52.8 percent of his passes. He also tossed 12 interceptions, two more than his touchdown pass total. His rookie season showcased not much else but a strong ability to run. He finished second among quarterbacks in rushing with 631 yards, trailing only Lamar Jackson.

What the Bills needed from Allen was for his arm to catch up with his legs. This season, that has started to happen.

Allen has the Bills sitting at 9-3 (helped mightily by the league’s third-ranked defense), they’re coming off their first signature win of the season against the Cowboys. That game also saw the quintessential Josh Allen moment — a nearly blown fourth-down sneak where he refused to go down. On fourth-and-1 in a tie game, Allen fumbled and then somehow averted disaster with his athleticism, saving what would become a scoring drive after nearly blowing the whole dang thing.

It was arguably the turning point of the game, but was it a good play or not? Is Josh Allen a good quarterback or not? That’s what we’re here to find out.  ........  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mcd nailed it with his  comment re taking a step backwards to move forward which was exactly 2018. There was a bunch who didn’t like it coming after a playoff appearance but had to be done. Taking all that dead cap last year  on players who didn’t fit their mould was the right move. We will be better off for a decade with the way they are running the show..( and I’m not saying all moves have been perfect) But I Love the direction Of this team for the first time in a long time.

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you think the Bills are real right now.  But if they lose to the Ravens, you won't think they're real?

Personally, I think the Patriots* win over the Bills was a fluke.  I certainly think the Browns beating the Bills was a fluke.

And who cares about "winning convincingly?"  That's why I shared the Seahawks' schedule. They haven't "won convincingly," over anyone, including a one-point victory over the Bengals.

The Bills are 9-3.  Teams don't get to 9-3 when they're not for real.

*I never said winning convincingly was important. I said we had close wins against terrible teams and losses to bad teams so beating a .500 team that hasnt beaten a winning team all year doesnt negate that and prove anything.

*I CLEARLY said playing the Ravens competitively would go further to show we are for real than the Dallas win. Even if we lose a close one.

I believe we are for real based off many factors. But that is simply belief. I still dont think we have proven anything yet but that we have a top notch defense. As a whole team we havent proved to be for real. We have a chance to prove that Sunday. Do I believe we are for real? FOR THE LAST TIME: YES I DO. Simply saying the Cowboys game wasnt proof. 

My last reply on this matter. Beating a dead horse is no fun. I love my Bills and believe we will be a force in the playoffs. Defending my stance on the Cowboys win feels anti-Bills by the wrong way some of you are receiving it so Im done

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

There is a difference between a GEAT WIN and one that shows you are for real. Im sorry but there is no way beating a team that has yet to beat a winning team all year shows you are "for real." Despite what you say, the Cowboys are not a good team. They are average. Half their losses are at home. 0-5 against winning teams. You call that "good" ??

Lets just agree to disagree.

We definitely will disagree on this.   It was a great win that showed more than this team is for real.  It showed this is not the same Bills team that the world has seen for this entire millennium.  They are no longer pushovers and we have stars of our own coming into their own.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

like... 5K big?

LOLOL...I remember that. Nope I had $300 on it. I dont usually bet on Bills game so for me thats big enough. I lived in Dallas 8 years and know a lot of folks there who had a lot to say before the game so I had a few put their money where their mouths were. I was confident we would win but didnt  think we would dominate like we did I must say. Was one of the best Thanksgivings of my life so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Where did I say I don't think we are for real? I said that beating a .500 team that is 0-5 against teams with winning records doesnt prove we are for real. The NFL is overreacting to the win because they have no belief in us. I hold us to a HIGHER STANDARD because I do believe! The Cowboys was a team we were SUPPOSED to beat. I would have hated to go in there 8-3 and be the FIRST winning team they beat all year. The Cowboys game wasnt a litmus test for being for real. This Ravens game IS. They are in OUR HOUSE and we MUST be competitive to be "FOR REAL"

Maybe we just differ on what "FOR REAL" means. To me it means a LEGIT CONTENDER. I will say it AGAIN: Beating the mediocre Cowboys DOES NOT make us legit contenders. NOT SAYING WE ARENT. Just saying that win kept the scales even. We still have 2 losses to what appears to be pretty bad teams. We had ALOT of very close games against some terrible teams. We also have gotten better and did beat the Cowboys convincingly. THE RAVENS GAME IS THE REAL TEST. 

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

You are all sorts of wrong. 

1)  We were the underdogs in that game in which so called "experts" predicted us to lose

2)  The Cowboys are at the top of the league in total offense

3)  Yes, they are having problems beating above .500 teams, but they've lost all those games by one possession.  They haven't been dominated yet this season until we played them.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s the definition of real? So far, the Bills have played pretty consistently against every single team they’ve faced and if anything they’re trending up, not down. They are as real as any other team in the league.

I like to roughly categorize teams as:

Super Bowl contenders: teams that I think have a real shot at making it that far

Playoff teams: teams I expect to make the playoffs and probably win one or more playoff games

Playoff hopefuls: teams that have a shot at making the playoffs but probably wouldn't win more than one playoff game, if any

Everyone else

For me the Bills went from a playoff hopeful to a playoff team after the Cowboys win. A win or strong showing against the Ravens would nudge them closer to being a SB contender in my eyes.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

*I never said winning convincingly was important. I said we had close wins against terrible teams and losses to bad teams so beating a .500 team that hasnt beaten a winning team all year doesnt negate that and prove anything.

*I CLEARLY said playing the Ravens competitively would go further to show we are for real than the Dallas win. Even if we lose a close one.

I believe we are for real based off many factors. But that is simply belief. I still dont think we have proven anything yet but that we have a top notch defense. As a whole team we havent proved to be for real. We have a chance to prove that Sunday. Do I believe we are for real? FOR THE LAST TIME: YES I DO. Simply saying the Cowboys game wasnt proof. 

My last reply on this matter. Beating a dead horse is no fun. I love my Bills and believe we will be a force in the playoffs. Defending my stance on the Cowboys win feels anti-Bills by the wrong way some of you are receiving it so Im done

Your logic, which states that beating the Cowboys wasn't a big deal because the Jets beat the Cowboys ... that logic is flawed.  It's also amateurish to even say.

You've been bashing the Bills, pretty much non-stop, in this thread ... but then saying, "everyone is taking it the wrong way."

No.  We're not.  You're bashing the Bills because nine wins isn't good enough due to them being "not convincing," or "not against good teams."

Look at the goddamn Patriots'* list of wins over quality teams. 

Fact:  The best team that Pats* have beaten this year are the Buffalo Bills.  And they had to knock Josh Allen out of the game to win.

So stop bashing the Bills, then saying, "I'M SOOOO MISUNDERSTOOOOOOD!!!!!"

I think everyone's understanding what you're saying/doing perfectly fine.

Try to enjoy the season if you're really a Bills fan.  You're missing a fun ride.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

We definitely will disagree on this.   It was a great win that showed more than this team is for real.  It showed this is not the same Bills team that the world has seen for this entire millennium.  They are no longer pushovers and we have stars of our own coming into their own.

I AGREE it showed we arent the same old Bills. I AGREE it showed we aren't pushovers. It showed we arent FRAUDS. Unfrotunately that doesnt equate to showing we are FOR REAL. A team isnt either a FRAUD or FOR REAL. There is a gray area. I think that win puts us in that area imo as far as what we PROVED (many thought we were frauds before).

I can differentiate between my personal beliefs in the team (that we are for real) and what the team has actually proven (that we are a gray area team)

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Your logic, which states that beating the Cowboys wasn't a big deal because the Jets beat the Cowboys ... that logic is flawed.  It's also amateurish to even say.

You've been bashing the Bills, pretty much non-stop, in this thread ... but then saying, "everyone is taking it the wrong way."

No.  We're not.  You're bashing the Bills because nine wins isn't good enough due to them being "not convincing," or "not against good teams."

Fact:  The best team that Pats* have beaten this year are the Buffalo Bills.  And they had to knock Josh Allen out of the game to win.

Try to enjoy the season if you're really a Bills fan.  You're missing a fun ride.

Nicely said!

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For what it is worth, I still feel that Allen would have rallied the Bills against the Pats...just saying.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 4

This week is the real test....

next week is the real test....

the pats are the real test...

the playoffs is the real test...

the champ game is the real test...

the sb is the real test....

seeing if next year they can beat anybody with tougher schedule is the real test...

open your eyes. This team is good win or lose this week. Enjoy the season while it’s here instead of waiting until the next “real test”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

I AGREE it showed we arent the same old Bills. I AGREE it showed we aren't pushovers. It showed we arent FRAUDS. Unfrotunately that doesnt equate to showing we are FOR REAL. A team isnt either a FRAUD or FOR REAL. There is a gray area. I think that win puts us in that area imo as far as what we PROVED (many thought we were frauds before).

I can differentiate between my personal beliefs in the team (that we are for real) and what the team has actually proven (that we are a gray area team)

It's all good... I agree we don't need to keep beating this horse.  It sounds more like a semantics disagreement at this point.  ?

We'll know more after this Sunday.  

6 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

You are all sorts of wrong. 

1)  We were the underdogs in that game in which so called "experts" predicted us to lose

2)  The Cowboys are at the top of the league in total offense

3)  Yes, they are having problems beating above .500 teams, but they've lost all those games by one possession.  They haven't been dominated yet this season until we played them.

I believe the stat is Total yardage leading team 

Most passing yards and 8th in rushing yards.  Maybe they shouldn't ignore Zeke in the 2nd half of games 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I believe the stat is Total yardage leading team 

Most passing yards and 8th in rushing yards.  Maybe they shouldn't ignore Zeke in the 2nd half of games 

Correct.  it is total yards, they just can't figure out ways to punch it into the endzone, or like you said, they paid a ton of money for Zeke, and he's being underutilized.  what a shame cuz they should be dominating teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens game is a great test for us to see where we are and who this team is; playing the best team in the league and the #1 seed in the AFC. We had a great success on the national stage against Dallas, can we duplicate it? Have we gotten too cocky or can we hang with the best? All teams sometimes falter against a lesser opponent occasionally, but to be looked at as legit and take care of business against arguably the best team in football; a win in this game can propel this team further than a win against anyone else. It places our entire playoff fate right in our own hands. This is the most important game of the season right now. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ok bud. You're way off tho. Personally, I dont think the Patriots are VERY good of a team.  They are a GOOD team cause of their defense. Their offense is in such shambles it almost negates their good/great defense as us Bills fans have experienced many times over.

Also please stop misquoting me. I never said "beating the Cowboys wasn't a big deal because the Jets beat the Cowboys" My point has repeatedly been because they are a .500 team and a whopping 0-5 against winning teams. Many fans overrate the Cowboys cause the media talks about them so damn much. They are SUPER AVERAGE. Beating a super average team doesnt prove you are "for real"

I hate that my fellow Bills fans bar has dropped so low and we are so ready to eat up any media attention that we can't think logically for ourselves. It was AWESOME to see we arent the same old Bills. AWESOME! But come on man. WE BEAT A .500 TEAM WHO IS WINLESS AGAINST WINNING TEAMS. GEEZ. Great win...DOESNT PROVE WE ARE LEGIT CONTENDERS!

Maybe this boils down to us having differing definitions on what "for real" means. I DO BELIEVE WE ARE FOR REAL. But to me in order to PROVE IT, you must BEAT or ALMOST BEAT a team who is also FOR REAL. Patriots ARE NOT FOR REAL! They have the heart of champions and a good/great defense that may prevent them from getting blown out in the playoffs against a team that is REALLY FOR REAL. But come on...they have to be one of the worst 10-2 teams in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Ok bud. You're way off tho. Personally, I dont think the Patriots are VERY good of a team.  They are a GOOD team cause of their defense. Their offense is in such shambles it almost negates their good/great defense as us Bills fans have experienced many times over.

Also please stop misquoting me. I never said "beating the Cowboys wasn't a big deal because the Jets beat the Cowboys" My point has repeatedly been because they are a .500 team and a whopping 0-5 against winning teams. Many fans overrate the Cowboys cause the media talks about them so damn much. They are SUPER AVERAGE. Beating a super average team doesnt prove you are "for real"

I hate that my fellow Bills fans bar has dropped so low and we are so ready to eat up any media attention that we can't think logically for ourselves. It was AWESOME to see we arent the same old Bills. AWESOME! But come on man. WE BEAT A .500 TEAM WHO IS WINLESS AGAINST WINNING TEAMS. GEEZ. Great win...DOESNT PROVE WE ARE LEGIT CONTENDERS!

Maybe this boils down to us having differing definitions on what "for real" means. I DO BELIEVE WE ARE FOR REAL. But to me in order to PROVE IT, you must BEAT or ALMOST BEAT a team who is also FOR REAL. Patriots ARE NOT FOR REAL! They have the heart of champions and a good/great defense that may prevent them from getting blown out in the playoffs against a team that is REALLY FOR REAL. But come on...they have to be one of the worst 10-2 teams in NFL history.

" ... I was happy as the next fan. BUT THE JETS BEAT THIS SAME TEAM." (that's what you said about the Bills beating the Cowboys)

So what you're saying is that, due to the Bills' schedule, even if they were 12-0 right now, they would not be "FOR REAL," because they've only played bad or "super average," teams.

So, please tell me ... who - in the entire NFL - qualifies as "FOR REAL," by your standards. 

Don't you dare pick a team that's lost to a losing team.  And don't pick a team that's only beaten 1-2 teams above .500.