MMQB: Are The Bills For Real?

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Where did I say I don't think we are for real? I said that beating a .500 team that is 0-5 against teams with winning records doesnt prove we are for real. The NFL is overreacting to the win because they have no belief in us. I hold us to a HIGHER STANDARD because I do believe! The Cowboys was a team we were SUPPOSED to beat. I would have hated to go in there 8-3 and be the FIRST winning team they beat all year. The Cowboys game wasnt a litmus test for being for real. This Ravens game IS. They are in OUR HOUSE and we MUST be competitive to be "FOR REAL"

Maybe we just differ on what "FOR REAL" means. To me it means a LEGIT CONTENDER. I will say it AGAIN: Beating the mediocre Cowboys DOES NOT make us legit contenders. NOT SAYING WE ARENT. Just saying that win kept the scales even. We still have 2 losses to what appears to be pretty bad teams. We had ALOT of very close games against some terrible teams. We also have gotten better and did beat the Cowboys convincingly. THE RAVENS GAME IS THE REAL TEST. 

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

We were supposed to beat the Cowboys?  Then why were they favored by 6.5 points?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If we pull off a narrow win against the Ravens they aren’t gonna sleep on this team. If we follow that up with narrow wins against the Pats and Steelers some of those guys are gonna start saying this team can get to the SB. 

That is the logical response - but I have been around the block enough that I am willing to bet  at least part of the narrative will revolve around "Lamar Jackson's weaknesses", "Pats' decline" and the "Banged-up Steelers". And, compared to years past, I am fine with it.

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Where did I say I don't think we are for real? I said that beating a .500 team that is 0-5 against teams with winning records doesnt prove we are for real. The NFL is overreacting to the win because they have no belief in us. I hold us to a HIGHER STANDARD because I do believe! The Cowboys was a team we were SUPPOSED to beat. I would have hated to go in there 8-3 and be the FIRST winning team they beat all year. The Cowboys game wasnt a litmus test for being for real. This Ravens game IS. They are in OUR HOUSE and we MUST be competitive to be "FOR REAL"

Maybe we just differ on what "FOR REAL" means. To me it means a LEGIT CONTENDER. I will say it AGAIN: Beating the mediocre Cowboys DOES NOT make us legit contenders. NOT SAYING WE ARENT. Just saying that win kept the scales even. We still have 2 losses to what appears to be pretty bad teams. We had ALOT of very close games against some terrible teams. We also have gotten better and did beat the Cowboys convincingly. THE RAVENS GAME IS THE REAL TEST. 

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

so was the pats game and we were competitive. "competitive", you words, not mine.... the bills should have walked off the field with the W that day. they are plenty real. 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If we pull off a narrow win against the Ravens they aren’t gonna sleep on this team. If we follow that up with narrow wins against the Pats and Steelers some of those guys are gonna start saying this team can get to the SB. 

If the Bills beat DAL, BAL, PIT, and NE in succession lots of NFL observers will be calling them Super Bowl contenders. 

26 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if they win against the ravens, they'll be 10-3 and clinch a wildcard but, if they win against the steelers, then against the pats*, then you could bring superbowl in to the conversation depending on if they made the afcc game?

a whole bunch of scenarios to go through before talking superbowl, imho.

let them get past the ravens first?

The way that the Bills have played this year has demonstrated that they could beat anyone. With a few bounces going their way, they could be 10-2 or 11-1 right now. The only game that they were really out of was the Philadelphia game. The Bills have emerged as a dangerous team and the word is definately out. The recent emergence of Josh Allen makes the Bills a scarier proposition.

• Like (+1) 1

But I keep hearing that we play Jauron Ball.  

And that we are too conservative.

And that Beane created the salary cap mess we had.

And That We shouldn't have traded Sammy Watkins!

And That Josh Allen is not a good passing QB.

And that we haven't played good teams.

And that "culture" is just a buzz word that doesn't exist.

Amirite?

Edited by Magox

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Ravens lost the Browns.....

Exactly... teams that are not playoff contenders lose to teams like Miami on the road. Going 12 weeks without a stumble here and there is tough. The Bills are a good team on the rise with a young QB still honing his game. They’re not great yet, but they might get there. If the Bills win 10 or 11 games they’ll likely be in the playoffs and will be a threat to win at least a game or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the Bills beat DAL, BAL, PIT, and NE in succession lots of NFL observers will be calling them Super Bowl contenders. 

i had a boss once that used to say "ok, i'm going to make a 'No DUH' statement"

now THATS a 'no duh' statement...

Just now, Say When... said:

i had a boss once that used to say "ok, i'm going to make a 'No DUH' statement"

now THATS a 'no duh' statement...

Well, the OP said “ some “ will say they are a SB contender. It seemed obvious to me that a lot would say that if those wins happened so that’s why I pointed it out. Was more of a “ correction” than anything else. 

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you think Seattle is for real?  I sure as hell do.  Check this out, dawg:

https://www.seahawks.com/schedule/

I do think we are for real. Only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove this. What is so hard to understand about that concept?

Most of the NFL thought we were FRAUDS and thats the only reason why they are overreacting to this game. I had BIG MONEY on that Cowboys game. I FULLY expected to win. So once that happened, I felt great, we did it on a big stage, we won convincingly on the road. I was happy as the next fan. BUT THE JETS BEAT THIS SAME TEAM.   

Again, the one and only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove we are legit title contenders. Thats what FOR REAL means to me. It means we can go in and have a legit chance to beat any team on any given Sunday (not in the sense ANY team can beat ANY team but a real LEGIT chance not some flukey crap)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can still be for real without beating the ravens imo. Off the top of my head the Seahawks, Pats and Texans are all for real. I would prioritize that second Pats game as a bigger indication. Jmo

...imagine McD as COY and McBeane as GM of the Year.......quite the honors........

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so was the pats game and we were competitive. "competitive", you words, not mine.... the bills should have walked off the field with the W that day. they are plenty real. 

I agree we are for real and I expect us to be very competitive on Sunday. Like I said before, a 3 point loss to the Ravens would show we are "for real" much more than the 11 point win against a .500 team in the WORST division in football.

26 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Im sorry but I still dont see how beating the Cowboys means we are for real.

It wasn't that they beat the Cowboys. It was how they beat the Cowboys, who was statistically a top 3 defense going into that game.

Did you watch the young QB taking command of the line, especially during the 7-minute drive? Reading the defense? Changing the plays and leading the team to six straight scoring drives?

Did you watch the defense take what many consider the best OL in football and chase the snot out of Dak and Zeke?

It boggles the mind how any fan who watches the team every week DIDN'T walk away from that Dallas game realizing this team is actually good not by accident, but by design.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, the OP said “ some “ will say they are a SB contender. It seemed obvious to me that a lot would say that if those wins happened so that’s why I pointed it out. Was more of a “ correction” than anything else. 

Gotcha BD, my bad, i jumped to page 2.

In that case, i'm totally agreeing with you ;)

24 minutes ago, StHustle said:

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

The thing about the Dallas game...  For nearly 2 decades that's when the Bills would come out flat, lose in some spectacular fashion, and then we'd watch the wheels fall off the wagons for the rest of the season.   How many times have we seen the Bills get a few wins, have a good W/L record, finally get a little respect, and then go into a much hyped game... Only to blow it?   This time.. They didn't blow it.  They won convincingly.  On a National stage, on the road, against a good team... They did the least Billsy thing possible.  They kicked Dallas' ass and sent the team and coaches to the locker room crying and screaming.

And despite the Cowboys mediocre record.. They were a good team.  They have legit star players. The #1 ranked offense.  And they were playing for their careers and playoff lives.   We ..beat.. a good team that ..needed.. that win.  That is why that that game and that win is so important and noteworthy.   

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If we beat DAL, BAL, PIT, and NE... Then the universe as we know has been altered and I'm living in an alternate reality where all things are possible!   LOL.  And, we definitely should be and will be considered Super Bowl contenders!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, StHustle said:

I do think we are for real. Only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove this. What is so hard to understand about that concept?

Most of the NFL thought we were FRAUDS and thats the only reason why they are overreacting to this game. I had BIG MONEY on that Cowboys game. I FULLY expected to win. So once that happened, I felt great, we did it on a big stage, we won convincingly on the road. I was happy as the next fan. BUT THE JETS BEAT THIS SAME TEAM.   

Again, the one and only point Im making is beating the Cowboys doesnt prove we are legit title contenders. Thats what FOR REAL means to me. It means we can go in and have a legit chance to beat any team on any given Sunday (not in the sense ANY team can beat ANY team but a real LEGIT chance not some flukey crap)

So you think the Bills are real right now.  But if they lose to the Ravens, you won't think they're real?

Personally, I think the Patriots* win over the Bills was a fluke.  I certainly think the Browns beating the Bills was a fluke.

And who cares about "winning convincingly?"  That's why I shared the Seahawks' schedule. They haven't "won convincingly," over anyone, including a one-point victory over the Bengals.

The Bills are 9-3.  Teams don't get to 9-3 when they're not for real.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine McD as COY and McBeane as GM of the Year.......quite the honors........

I can see it happening. The Bills win a few more games...then who else? According to many pundits, the Bills were not supposed to be in the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1