Sign in to follow this  
SlimShady'sGhost

NFL Power Rankings, Post Week 14 - Post em if you got em

7 minutes ago, Say When... said:

but they aren't, they had 448 yards of O against Houston and then all the Pats fans posting about Brady's 350ish, 3 TD night, there's no problem there :o

BTW - i'm still pissed at it, was that not the worst display of a prevent D you have EVER seen, it was stupid bad.

GARBAGE TIME STATS

While in the 3rd QRT Tommy boy had under 50% completion rate/ 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

SI   https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-atlanta-falcons/

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-2)
2. Seattle Seahawks (10-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (10-2)
4. New Orleans Saints (10-2)
5. Green Bay Packers (9-3)
6. New England Patriots (10-2)
7. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)
8. Houston Texans (8-4)
9. Minnesota Vikings (8-4)
10. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

I think this one is spot on. The order of 7-9 can be debated but otherwise agree with all of them. Beat the Ravens and I think we jump 7-9 and join the elite teams at the top.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

The Sporting News has us @ #10

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-update/1kq8elruxy9chza5qdbl7bt4v/10

image.thumb.png.f239f93652061b8af3e2079a1185dc71.png

Side note: The PFF dorks probably still have us between 16-20

Waiting for this week's PFF, but 16th last week.  Their comment was "poof that the Bills 8-3 is not fraudulent".

What bugs me when anyone talks like this is how can your record be fraudulent when you actually beat the teams that got you to 8-3, regardless of what their records are?

If the Bills got a ton of help from the refs in about 3 of those games, then yes, but otherwise no.

If I may paraphrase Jesse Eisenberg from The Social Network: "If the Bills aren't a 9-3 team in the NFL, then they wouldn't be 9-3."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

9. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills (9-3) - Previously: 17.
The Bills were on my overrated page since late September or early October, but Josh Allen's development means that they have a legitimate chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I didn't think Allen would get to this level until 2020, but he's there now.

Schmucks gonna schmuck.

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

SI   https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-atlanta-falcons/

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-2)
2. Seattle Seahawks (10-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (10-2)
4. New Orleans Saints (10-2)
5. Green Bay Packers (9-3)
6. New England Patriots (10-2)
7. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)
8. Houston Texans (8-4)
9. Minnesota Vikings (8-4)
10. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

It’s hard to argue that we’re better than any of these teams, but I think the argument exists that we’re better than the Vikings...

18 minutes ago, Say When... said:

but they aren't, they had 448 yards of O against Houston and then all the Pats fans posting about Brady's 350ish, 3 TD night, there's no problem there :o

BTW - i'm still pissed at it, was that not the worst display of a prevent D you have EVER seen, it was stupid bad.

Yep, that’s the kind of misleading narratives that happen when you only look at stats.

anyone who watched that game saw that when it mattered the Texans pushed the Pats around. I can’t wait to watch the Bills do it to them. 

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Rankings Schmankings- I wanna beat the Ravens! 

I bet you like this one 

44 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Say when, for purposes of full disclosure I watched almost all of the first, but almost none of the second.

What I saw in the first was a gang that couldn't shoot straight or get on the same page.  Even if they did pick up some yards.

oh i agree, i was being facetious, i should have had a more sarcastic tone.

i shouldn't be surprised, knowing Pats fans, but i was shocked at the twitter responses of the final Brady stats and no mention of the worst execution of prevent D in history.

it's like they didn't watch the game and just looked at the stats :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

The Bills were on my overrated page since late September or early October, but Josh Allen's development means that they have a legitimate chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I didn't think Allen would get to this level until 2020, but he's there now.

Bwahahahaha.  Now he's trying to say Allen wouldn't get to this level until 2020 when previously he didn't think Allen would ever get to any measurable level period.  

What a joke this guy is.  

RANK

bills-logo.jpg

BILLS (9-3)

Previous rank: No. 10

We see you, Bills. We all see you now. Sean McDermott's squad went to Dallas and laid a Thanksgiving whooping on the supposedly superior Cowboys, putting themselves on the map as a legitimate contender in the AFC. At 9-3, the Bills have a stranglehold on a wild-card spot and remain within striking distance of the hardly invincible Patriots in the AFC East. There were standout performances up and down the roster against the Cowboys, but this game could be a flashpoint for Josh Allen, who played like a franchise quarterback in front of a huge national audience. Allen led six consecutive scoring drives against Dallas and dished out some punishment on a third-quarter touchdown run that might be the highlight of his young career to date. Now the Bills get extra time to prepare for their biggest challenge of the season: a home game against the surging Ravens. Dismiss the Bills at your own risk.

NFL.COM

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I bet you like this one 

Honestly, they don’t mean anything to me. W’s and L’s what matters. Power rankings are just feel good story lines for fans.

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I bet you like this one 

good on him for putting the asterisk next to the Pats*.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I always thought Rodak hated the Bills but what’s the deal with the new espn Bills guy? We beat Dallas on thanksgiving and he only mentions Hauschka missing kicks? No Josh Allen statement game, no dominant defense on the road in a national game?

See the line before he mentions the kicker... it was the power rankings plus who is under fire on the team.  Haushka is rightfully under fire

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

That's so awesome. I hope everyone adopts this style because it is absolutely deserved.

55 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the asterisk is on the hat!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

oh i agree, i was being facetious, i should have had a more sarcastic tone.

i shouldn't be surprised, knowing Pats fans, but i was shocked at the twitter responses of the final Brady stats and no mention of the worst execution of prevent D in history.

it's like they didn't watch the game and just looked at the stats :)

No, please...I am a moron for not picking up on it. 

...I’m generally a moron, though, so it is par for the course.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Say When... said:

Yeah, that was awful. HOU seemed to forget that you need to swarm to the receiver and tackle them as part of the deal. Should have been almost no time left when the Pats got their TD. 

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What bugs me when anyone talks like this is how can you record be fraudulent when you actually beat the teams that got you to 8-3, regardless of what their records are?

Yeah, I could see someone saying, "we don't know how good the Bills are yet" because of their schedule but saying they're "paper tigers" or a "fraud" is just wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

Yeah, I could see someone saying, "we don't know how good the Bills are yet" because of their schedule but saying they're "paper tigers" or a "fraud" is just wrong.

Absolutely, and I would take that.

edit:  on top of that you see some 6-6 or 5-7 getting lauded for their “little engine that tried in the face of a hard schedule”.

The Athletic:

10. Buffalo Bills (9-3; Last week: 10)

If most of the country wasn’t paying attention to the Bills’ playoff potential, it certainly is now. That’s what beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving will do. The Bills have a tough stretch coming up (Ravens, Steelers and Patriots in the next three weeks) as they try to catch New England in the AFC East, but the fact we’re even talking about that as a possibility is huge for Buffalo.

From MSN

7. Buffalo Bills

(9-3. Last week: 9)

It is now officially time to stop ignoring the Bills as the products of an easy schedule -- when you have a 9-3 record, you have done enough right to be taken seriously. Yes, Buffalo had by far the NFL's worst slate of opponents coming into their Thanksgiving matchup in Dallas, but going out of Big D with a 26-15 win that was far more dominant than the score might indicate? That was the very definition of a statement win.

Josh Allen completed 79% of his passes for 231 yards and a touchdown. John Brown, perhaps the NFL's most underrated receiver, threw a 28-yard touchdown pass to running back Devin Singletary. Allen added 43 rushing yards and a touchdown on 10 carries. And a defense that has flown under the radar most of the season sacked Dak Prescott four times, limited him to two touchdown passes on 49 attempts, and racked up nine passes defended and three forced fumbles.

Now, it comes time for Buffalo to prove it on a different level -- with games against the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, and Jets in the next four weeks, Sean McDermott's team faces the toughest remaining slate. That's skewed to a large degree by the Ravens and Patriots, but the point still stands. There's a lot more to prove here, but this is a team capable of proving it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If Buffalo beats the Ravens that have to move to the TOP 3 !!!  

I's say 1 but I'm being generous 

If we do indeed beat the Ravens, I cant see anyone other than possible haters having us below 5.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

I would agree with this. I didn't like a whole lot from JA at the front half of the year. The last 3 weeks though.....

He is Buffalo's very own Rick Vaughn. If he can sustain this, we are in a great place for a possible push in the playoffs and into the 2020 season!