NFL Power Rankings, Post Week 14 - Post em if you got em

WaPo ... 

7. Buffalo Bills (9-3) | Last Week’s Rank: 9

The Thanksgiving victory at Dallas reinforced that the Bills are a legitimate team. They probably won’t overtake the Patriots in the AFC East. But they’re not only headed to the playoffs; they’re a threat to win a game in the postseason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/03/nfl-power-rankings-week-ravens-strengthen-hold-no-spot-patriots-drop-bit/

2 minutes ago, Say When... said:

but they aren't, they had 448 yards of O against Houston and then all the Pats fans posting about Brady's 350ish, 3 TD night, there's no problem there :o

BTW - i'm still pissed at it, was that not the worst display of a prevent D you have EVER seen, it was stupid bad.

Say when, for purposes of full disclosure I watched almost all of the first, but almost none of the second.

What I saw in the first was a gang that couldn't shoot straight or get on the same page.  Even if they did pick up some yards.

SI   https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-atlanta-falcons/

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-2)
2. Seattle Seahawks (10-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (10-2)
4. New Orleans Saints (10-2)
5. Green Bay Packers (9-3)
6. New England Patriots (10-2)
7. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)
8. Houston Texans (8-4)
9. Minnesota Vikings (8-4)
10. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

11 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

9. billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills (9-3) - Previously: 17.
The Bills were on my overrated page since late September or early October, but Josh Allen's development means that they have a legitimate chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I didn't think Allen would get to this level until 2020, but he's there now.

Yes, Josh is there now....and, imho, he will progress further in 2020.  Still on upbubble as they say!

NY Post:

9. Buffalo Bills, 9-3 (9): Josh Allen continues to do more than enough to win most weeks, backed by an improved defense that ranks third in the NFL in yards and points allowed per game behind only San Francisco and New England. Another Pats loss to K.C. this week would give Buffalo a chance to move into an improbable tie for first place in the AFC East — or at least remain within one game of the top — since the Bills face Baltimore at home Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Say When... said:

but they aren't, they had 448 yards of O against Houston and then all the Pats fans posting about Brady's 350ish, 3 TD night, there's no problem there :o

BTW - i'm still pissed at it, was that not the worst display of a prevent D you have EVER seen, it was stupid bad.

GARBAGE TIME STATS

While in the 3rd QRT Tommy boy had under 50% completion rate/ 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

SI   https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-atlanta-falcons/

8. Houston Texans (8-4)
10. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

I think this one is spot on. The order of 7-9 can be debated but otherwise agree with all of them. Beat the Ravens and I think we jump 7-9 and join the elite teams at the top.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

The Sporting News has us @ #10

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-update/1kq8elruxy9chza5qdbl7bt4v/10

image.thumb.png.f239f93652061b8af3e2079a1185dc71.png

Side note: The PFF dorks probably still have us between 16-20

Waiting for this week's PFF, but 16th last week.  Their comment was "poof that the Bills 8-3 is not fraudulent".

What bugs me when anyone talks like this is how can your record be fraudulent when you actually beat the teams that got you to 8-3, regardless of what their records are?

If the Bills got a ton of help from the refs in about 3 of those games, then yes, but otherwise no.

If I may paraphrase Jesse Eisenberg from The Social Network: "If the Bills aren't a 9-3 team in the NFL, then they wouldn't be 9-3."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

The Bills were on my overrated page since late September or early October, but Josh Allen's development means that they have a legitimate chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I didn't think Allen would get to this level until 2020, but he's there now.

Schmucks gonna schmuck.

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

8. Houston Texans (8-4)
10. Buffalo Bills (9-3)

It’s hard to argue that we’re better than any of these teams, but I think the argument exists that we’re better than the Vikings...

18 minutes ago, Say When... said:

Yep, that’s the kind of misleading narratives that happen when you only look at stats.

anyone who watched that game saw that when it mattered the Texans pushed the Pats around. I can’t wait to watch the Bills do it to them. 

44 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Say when, for purposes of full disclosure I watched almost all of the first, but almost none of the second.

What I saw in the first was a gang that couldn't shoot straight or get on the same page.  Even if they did pick up some yards.

oh i agree, i was being facetious, i should have had a more sarcastic tone.

i shouldn't be surprised, knowing Pats fans, but i was shocked at the twitter responses of the final Brady stats and no mention of the worst execution of prevent D in history.

it's like they didn't watch the game and just looked at the stats :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Bwahahahaha.  Now he's trying to say Allen wouldn't get to this level until 2020 when previously he didn't think Allen would ever get to any measurable level period.  

What a joke this guy is.  

RANK

bills-logo.jpg

BILLS (9-3)

Previous rank: No. 10

We see you, Bills. We all see you now. Sean McDermott's squad went to Dallas and laid a Thanksgiving whooping on the supposedly superior Cowboys, putting themselves on the map as a legitimate contender in the AFC. At 9-3, the Bills have a stranglehold on a wild-card spot and remain within striking distance of the hardly invincible Patriots in the AFC East. There were standout performances up and down the roster against the Cowboys, but this game could be a flashpoint for Josh Allen, who played like a franchise quarterback in front of a huge national audience. Allen led six consecutive scoring drives against Dallas and dished out some punishment on a third-quarter touchdown run that might be the highlight of his young career to date. Now the Bills get extra time to prepare for their biggest challenge of the season: a home game against the surging Ravens. Dismiss the Bills at your own risk.

NFL.COM

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I always thought Rodak hated the Bills but what’s the deal with the new espn Bills guy? We beat Dallas on thanksgiving and he only mentions Hauschka missing kicks? No Josh Allen statement game, no dominant defense on the road in a national game?

See the line before he mentions the kicker... it was the power rankings plus who is under fire on the team.  Haushka is rightfully under fire