Can Lamar Be Stopped???

Scorp83

Yes. Romam's offense had a lifespan of about 1.5 years in both SF and here in Buffalo. Lamar is in the honeymoon stage of his offense.

The question is of Roman can adapt and grow the offense unlike before. Jackson is more talented than Krapernick and Taylor and I don't think it's close.

But the half read offense has a shelf life... Can he open it up long term?

But as for now history says yes, this offense will be solved.

12 hours ago, QB Bills said:

The NFL world is so reactionary. LJ is the latest "we've never seen anything like this before" flavour of the week. RG3's rookie year. Chip Kelly's up tempo scheme. Miami with the wildcat. Mcvay's offense just last season. All these coaches and players try to revolutionize the game and then someone (usually Bill Belichick) comes and sh*ts all over their plans and we have to see the Patriots make another super bowl at the end of the year. The same thing is going to happen this year. The Ravens aren't getting by New England in January. 

those past NE teams could keep up with their opponents bc of Brady

I doubt that happens this year. 

4 hours ago, MDH said:

This is my line of thinking. One of the DEs (or both) should be tackling/hitting Lamar on every running play, even after he hands the ball off. It's totally legal to hit a QB if he's carrying out a play fake and you think he may still have the ball. Have them both take deeper angles back to Lamar on every play and hit him anytime he does a play fake.

RBs have to take breathers from time to time from all the contact they take. Lamar doesn't have that option. Keep hitting him and wear him out.

Behind that I'd like to see them maybe just play 1 CB and use a S in Wallace's place when the Ravens go 13 personnel. Maybe even do it if they go 12. Someone who can cover a TE and but be better vs. the run. Give the Ravens the deep outside parts of the field. If Lamar can hit those throws, so be it, but don't give him his bread and butter play fake, pull the LBs up and drop an easy completion over the LBs and in front of the safeties. 

Yup. I'd even take a couple personal foul penalties early  if it means it will rattle Lamar the rest of the game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1