Other team's fans

4merper4mer

Bills - good fans but someone could point out the late 70's and mid 80's specifically 84 and 85 and question our loyalty.

Jets- same as Bills. They haven't had a blacked out home game since the 1970's. Games are always sold out even if their are empty seats at MetLife. PSL's priced out many fans.

Fins- during the 1970's and the Marino years they were very popular. Not anymore.

Pats- do they have any real fans? They all jumped on the Belichick/Brady bandwagon but before that the Sox, B's, and Celtics were more popular in Boston. If you mention Steve Grogan to a Pats fans they will ask you .."Who is that"?

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

One point of clarification.  If you are speaking about fan base I think you did a good job. 

I think the Washington fan base is a bit more sold than you think.  I know many people that grew up in DC metro area and are diehard fans.  I also know many Lions fans that liek Buffalo fans are spread across the country. They still follow the Lions but have the Pistons, Tigers, and Red Wings to share their emotion.

If you are speaking about fans in the stadium, I would not put the Bills fan in the great category.  I have been treated much better as an opposing team fan across the country in various stadiums, than I have seen other team's fans treated in Buffalo.  

Agree Skins fans are great, they have just been beaten down by an owner for 20 years. RFK and even Fedex in the early aughts were fun places for a game.

In terms of Bills fans and treatment opposing fans get, that is an old impression. Last 5 years i have not seen anyone treated bad that did not start something first. Think Bills fans go out their way now to be nice to visiting fans, almost too nice in my opinion to some jackasses.

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

- Bills fans - I like these guys but I must acknowledge the few problem drinkers using football as an outlet for suicidal tendencies, clinging to the hope that a football team can turn the tide on the direction of their hometown, jobs, and marriages who believe the early 90s were the cultural epoch of the last 2,000 years. Don't even get me started on the bad ones.

And? What's your point??!!

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

- Patriots fans - one sub .500 season away from "dood, we was always a baseball town first! Yankees SUCKKKKK!"

This times 1,000. They are historically fair weather fans, but since the weather has been fair for the past 20 years, it is kind of hard to tell.  There is an entire generation of fans that have experienced nothing but success.  Just wait until they have a few losing seasons and you will see their true colors. Conversely, Bills fans, like my kids who are 18, 16 and 11 are developing thick skin because of our "recent" history, so they will keep the die hard fandom alive.  GO BILLS!!!

17 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

My opinions; please post yours.  It has nothing to do with hate for the tam itself; just the fans.  I have a few categories.

1.  Do they have fans?  Jags, Rams, Dolphins, Lions, Falcons, 

2. Good fans but only when the team is good. Bengals, Bucs, Titans, Redskins, Panthers?, Cards, Texans?

3. Good consistent fans.  Vikes, Giants, Bears, Ravens, Colts, Panthers?, Texans?, 

4. Delusional. Jets, Raiders, Browns, Cowboys

5. Good fans in the wrong town.  Chargers

6. Obnoxious. Steelers, Broncos, Eagles, 49ers

7. Great fans. Packers, Saints, Chiefs

8. Ridiculously obnoxious and I'd like to slap them all. Seahawks

9. Chowderheads that make Seattle fans look like Saints fans. Pats

10. Incomparably great. Bills

my opinion might be dated but i attended all 3 games @ Arrowhead in the 90's and the Chiefs fans were the nastiest SOB's i've ever met as a visiting team (i've been in ~20 different stadiums), i had a woman throw her entire beer on me, it was so cold it turned to slush as it headed my direction.  fights, telling the visiting fans to get out, pouring beer in chairs for people to sit in, etc.  it's a bad mixture; passive-aggressive midwesterners with horrible attitudes and even worse human beings.

the 3rd and final game i didn't even wear Bills gear and I was 6'3" 230 back then.

only disclaimer i'll give is i typically bought my tickets right off the freeway as you turn into the stadium and they were all Chief's Staff seats (they apparently got free tickets in their own section back then) and I was alone each time so that probably made me an easy target.

Since then i've ranked them in my top 5 worst, above the Raider Nation (yep, i said it)

Like Andy, Like Mahomes, like a lot of the players, the fans?  can go F themselves with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.