Other team's fans

4merper4mer

My opinions; please post yours.  It has nothing to do with hate for the tam itself; just the fans.  I have a few categories.

1.  Do they have fans?  Jags, Rams, Dolphins, Lions, Falcons, 

2. Good fans but only when the team is good. Bengals, Bucs, Titans, Redskins, Panthers?, Cards, Texans?

3. Good consistent fans.  Vikes, Giants, Bears, Ravens, Colts, Panthers?, Texans?, 

4. Delusional. Jets, Raiders, Browns, Cowboys

5. Good fans in the wrong town.  Chargers

6. Obnoxious. Steelers, Broncos, Eagles, 49ers

7. Great fans. Packers, Saints, Chiefs

8. Ridiculously obnoxious and I'd like to slap them all. Seahawks

9. Chowderheads that make Seattle fans look like Saints fans. Pats

10. Incomparably great. Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

My opinions; please post yours.  It has nothing to do with hate for the tam itself; just the fans.  I have a few categories.

2. Good fans but only when the team is good. Bengals, Bucs, Titans, Redskins, Panthers?, Cards, Texans?

3. Good consistent fans.  Vikes, Giants, Bears, Ravens, Colts, Panthers?, Texans?, 

I lived in Baltimore for over a decade. The fans are as fickle as they come. 

It’s not even a bandwagon thing, even when they’re good they find ways to lose interest. Most wouldn’t even know who their team is playing that Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s not even a bandwagon thing, even when they’re good they find ways to lose interest. Most wouldn’t even know who their team is playing that Sunday. 

But if we were talking lacrosse...........

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Good input.  Honestly they were tough for me to place.  I put the Panthers and Texans in two categories each because I don't think they have had enough hard times overall to tell if things might turn.

2 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Bengals need to be moved to category 1. Prob a few others also.

They were good in the Icky Woods days.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I like the topic but a few changes:

- Saints to obnoxious

- Chargers to do they have fans (they were poorly supported in SD)

- Cowboys to the ridiculously obnoxious

- Seahawks to good consistent fans

- Panthers to do they have fans

- Titans to do they have fans

- Texans to do they have fans

- Broncos to good consistent fans

- Colts to good when they win

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Good input.  Honestly they were tough for me to place.  I put the Panthers and Texans in two categories each because I don't think they have had enough hard times overall to tell if things might turn.

Honestly, I think you hit the nail on the head. The Ravens won it all way too soon. They just inherited another team that was already built. They never really earned it, imo. 

I like to read the comments on Pro Football Talk every now and then. Over there they pretty much label Vikings fans as obnoxious. I can't speak from experience though, as I don't think I've ever met a Vikings fan.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

- Saints to obnoxious

No, I think the OP nailed this one.

• Like (+1) 1

- Bengals, Browns, Lions, Cards fans - people who appreciate the smell and the peace that can only be found inside a paper bag.  Afraid to sleep in case their team moves away in the night.

- Raider Fan - someone who is currently or formerly in some phase of the U.S. penal system who may or may not watch football occasionally.

- Chargers fans - people who are likely very early or very late for an MLS game.

- Jets fans - too loud to be Giants fans and too poor to be Yankees fans. 

- Patriots fans - one sub .500 season away from "dood, we was always a baseball town first! Yankees SUCKKKKK!"

- Dallas fans - can always be spotted at gas stations and super markets wearing their Witten jerseys and spouting "how 'bout dem Cowboys?" while 'Merica's team is playing.  May or may not have ever been to Texas.

- Texans fans - not die hard enough about football to be Cowboys fans.

-  Jaguars fans - a Robert Duvall fan club meets tarp enthusiasts with shared aspirations to watch football played in London.

-  Giants fans - ambivalent about football but do NOT want to be confused for trash eating Jets fans

- Redskins fans - probably racists, I don't know

- Eagles fans - your usual run of the mill bad person who uses football as an excuse to express their tendencies toward violence

- Dolphins fans - a spiteful and loathsome bunch of Western New Yorkers who think rooting against the Bills is edgy/cool mixed with a dozen or so Floridians.

- Rams fans - social media "influencers" who aren't sure whether Rams games and the NFL are still scene or totally gauche.

- Seahawks fans - poorly compensated Nike brand ambassadors 

- Titans fans - a punctual bunch who know they need to leave early if they're going to keep their next appointment.  Cannot easily discern the direction of an object traveling on a 2 dimensional plane.

- Saints fans - killing time until the Tigers play again.  Not sure who is that or some such nonsense

- 49ers fans - possibly homosexuals or homeless

- Panthers, Bucs, Falcons fans - who cares? Not them.

- Colts fans - I would definitely party with Irsay

- Ravens fans - 

- Picksburgh fans - people who think an oversized Roethlisberger jersey and a terrible towel qualify as black tie optional.

- Chiefs, Packers, Bears, Vikings - a sea of relatively harmless doughy white people with funny accents and some highschool education  

- Broncos fans -  running out of steam, but they probably suck in a comedic fashion. 

- Bills fans - I like these guys but I must acknowledge the few problem drinkers using football as an outlet for suicidal tendencies, clinging to the hope that a football team can turn the tide on the direction of their hometown, jobs, and marriages who believe the early 90s were the cultural epoch of the last 2,000 years. Don't even get me started on the bad ones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One point of clarification.  If you are speaking about fan base I think you did a good job. 

I think the Washington fan base is a bit more sold than you think.  I know many people that grew up in DC metro area and are diehard fans.  I also know many Lions fans that liek Buffalo fans are spread across the country. They still follow the Lions but have the Pistons, Tigers, and Red Wings to share their emotion.

If you are speaking about fans in the stadium, I would not put the Bills fan in the great category.  I have been treated much better as an opposing team fan across the country in various stadiums, than I have seen other team's fans treated in Buffalo.  

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If you are speaking about fans in the stadium, I would not put the Bills fan in the great category.  I have been treated much better as an opposing team fan across the country in various stadiums, than I have seen other team's fans treated in Buffalo.  

Maybe they got the impression you belong with them and were trying to recruit you like Bills fans did with TKO.

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

- Saints to obnoxious

As someone who lives just outside Seattle... no. Most don’t even know who the coach was before Pete Caroll or have no idea who Shawn Springs or Mac Strong were. Until Carroll and the stadium designed by an acoustic engineer with the main purpose of funneling noise to field level were suddenly “12th man.” Few fans gave a crap.

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

As someone who lives just outside Seattle... no. Most don’t even know who the coach was before Pete Caroll or have no idea who Shawn Springs or Mac Strong were. Until Carroll and the stadium designed by an acoustic engineer with the main purpose of funneling noise to field level were suddenly “12th man.” Few fans gave a crap.

I don't know, PP, we must hang out in different circles.  I know a lot of Hawk fans who are both knowledgeable and devoted.   I'm not claiming Seahawk fans are equal to Bills fans but I do think they rate above the NFL average.  

This will likely come as a surprise, but I personally know a few very big fans of the Jaguars. No, honestly! Great people too. Season ticket holders for many years and travel to Houston, Indy & Tennessee for away games. I know them well and enjoy their company. 

But they're maybe 2 percent of the fan base.. Mostly, Jacksonville is a black eye on the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

This will likely come as a surprise, but I personally know a few very big fans of the Jaguars. No, honestly! Great people too. Season ticket holders for many years and travel to Houston, Indy & Tennessee for away games. I know them well and enjoy their company. 

But they're maybe 2 percent of the fan base.. Mostly, Jacksonville is a black eye on the NFL. 

The stadium was at least 30% Bills fans if not 40% for the wildcard game.  But the Jax fans were loud and passionate both before and during the game. They were nice to me and my son. 

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't know, PP, we must hang out in different circles.  I know a lot of Hawk fans who are both knowledgeable and devoted.   I'm not claiming Seahawk fans are equal to Bills fans but I do think they rate above the NFL average.  

I agree. Kurt Warner has a car dealership outside Portland.  The fans I know from this area are knowledgeable.  There is some competition for attention with the Mariners but the Sonics are now gone for over a decade. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe they got the impression you belong with them and were trying to recruit you like Bills fans did with TKO.

In most cases I have been with my kids and they were between 8 and 16 when they went to the games.  I also get club level seats most of the time.  The combination of the two may have made for a good experience.  There are so many Bills fans at away games.  When I watch other NFL games I rarely see the percentage of away fans coming anywhere close to Bills fans...with the notable exception of the Cowboys in Arizona.