MNF Vikes @ Seahawks

stuvian

Just now, KD in CA said:

I don't get kicking the FG there.  Run a play and give them the ball with 15 seconds left needing 85 yards.  Virtually impossible.

Kicking the FG opens you up to a block and a kick return TD.

Thought of that.

What you need to do is snap it back to shotgun and have Wilson run around a bit to get it inside 10 ticks by throwing it through the End Zone.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Just saw that they dug up the bloated corpse of Dave Matthews to fire up the crowd.  Ridiculous.

I say we show them how its done.  I'm starting a twitter campaign to have James F@#$ing Taylor lead the charge against the Ravens.

hehe

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

And the 8-8 Broncos hosted a Steelers team with a great record. Both of those games saw the home teams win. Playoffs are crazy. 

That was the Tebow game.  I loved when he beat the Steelers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Just saw that they dug up the bloated corpse of Dave Matthews to fire up the crowd.  Ridiculous.

I say we show them how its done.  I'm starting a twitter campaign to have James F@#$ing Taylor lead the charge against the Ravens.

Rick James B word!

MNF reflections:

- This was a good Monday Night Football game.

- The Vikings execute screen passes better than almost any other team in the National Football League. The problem is they don't execute much else that well.

- This was old fashioned Seahawks power running football. The last two years they have put more on Russell Wilson's arm but if they can get that run game going in December and January then they are a genuine threat in the NFC.

- So this one is especially for @Joe in Winslow - DK Metcalf had a pretty decent game (aside from the fumble) and he is having a good season - but did you see the wide receiver screen they threw to him? It was like Wilson had thrown a screen to my grandfather. Safe to say short area quickness remains a weakness.

- Kirk Cousins wasn't the reason the Vikings lost..... but he was unable to elevate them above the fray in a crunch prime time game yet again. The Vikes look like a playoff team. But they look like a 1 and done too. They are a slightly better, NFC version of the Chargers. They just find ways to lose.

- Seattle is going to win the NFC West but San Francisco on the road at Dallas still feels like a game the 49ers would be favoured in.

- Whether it is by Seattle or someone else.... Jadaveon Clowney is going to get PAID.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

MNF reflections:

- This was a good Monday Night Football game.

- The Vikings execute screen passes better than almost any other team in the National Football League. The problem is they don't execute much else that well.

- This was old fashioned Seahawks power running football. The last two years they have put more on Russell Wilson's arm but if they can get that run game going in December and January then they are a genuine threat in the NFC.

- So this one is especially for @Joe in Winslow - DK Metcalf had a pretty decent game (aside from the fumble) and he is having a good season - but did you see the wide receiver screen they threw to him? It was like Wilson had thrown a screen to my grandfather. Safe to say short area quickness remains a weakness.

- Kirk Cousins wasn't the reason the Vikings lost..... but he was unable to elevate them above the fray in a crunch prime time game yet again. The Vikes look like a playoff team. But they look like a 1 and done too. They are a slightly better, NFC version of the Chargers. They just find ways to lose.

- Seattle is going to win the NFC West but San Francisco on the road at Dallas still feels like a game the 49ers would be favoured in.

- Whether it is by Seattle or someone else.... Jadaveon Clowney is going to get PAID.

Don't typically watch MNF, so did not see it.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Carson is a battering ram.  I love Singletary but we could use a guy like that in next year’s draft.

Couldnt agree more Mannc.  I said in another thread do everything possible to steal Cooper, but grab a TE, DT, and RB.  Tha.t is what I want is a battering ram that compliments Singletary.  We actually have some games at AMC theaters down here so went one to see the 49ers, Ravens game.  Ingram was punishing the 49ers defense.  Reminded me a lot of Alston down here 15-20 years ago.  He never dodged defenders, he would drop a shoulder and run through them.  Probably why he was the most popular guy on the team.

Nice call.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Couldnt agree more Mannc.  I said in another thread do everything possible to steal Cooper, but grab a TE, DT, and RB.  Tha.t is what I want is a battering ram that compliments Singletary.  We actually have some games at AMC theaters down here so went one to see the 49ers, Ravens game.  Ingram was punishing the 49ers defense.  Reminded me a lot of Alston down here 15-20 years ago.  He never dodged defenders, he would drop a shoulder and run through them.  Probably why he was the most popular guy on the team.

Nice call.

Alstott?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

MNF reflections:

DK Metcalf had a pretty decent game (aside from the fumble) and he is having a good season - but did you see the wide receiver screen they threw to him? It was like Wilson had thrown a screen to my grandfather.

Your grandfather must be in really good shape!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Nice call.

The amazing thing is that guys like Carson and Philip Lindsay are available in the seventh round of the draft.  I’d draft a RB in the late rounds almost every year.  

And yes, Ingram is a terror....Just no fun to tackle at all.